Should parents make their kids study during summer vacation?

• Any time studying counts

Even if it is only 30 mins it wont hurt to go over some future content that will be taught in school next year. Note that you don't have to study everyday. Some parents force their child to study everyday even though studying in free time is better for the child's health. In my opinion that is bad parenting

• Studying isn't that bad.

I'm 15 years old and I have big exams next year, so this summer my mom is making me study. I have 10 subjects so I do study two subjects for 40 minutes each a day. This means I only have to do 1 hour and 20 minutes of studying every day and I don't have to study at all on the weekends. I don't mind and its going to be very beneficial to me doing my exams. As long as you're not studying hours a day I think its a very good idea. Also, you can enjoy your studying because there aren't any deadlines, it's very casual and relaxed.

• Learning can be fun.

Maintaining the study habit is important. Summer vacation can be a time kids study their interests. Building a tree house. Sewing a dress. Gardening. Building a bee box and raising bees, etc. Any project with guidelines to study and steps to follow. And an ending product to measure effort and knowledge.

• Absolutely 100% Agree

I am 16 years old and I believe studying and learning is crucial to one's overall well-being. I am not saying you need to be studying for hours a day, but you should be studying or reading for at least 20-60 minutes per day. Summer school is not always necessary. Interactive learning summer camps are beneficial as well because not only are they having fun, but he/she are having a hands on learning experience. Personally, I love to study. I enjoy learning new information, and I like processing it and relating to my everyday life. Usually what I do is whenever I take a test I keep every test I get back to study and practice what I do not know, and then I go back and compare my test scores to view my progress.

• Summer is a valuable time.

After completing your exams, you should be looking at your results and asking yourself, in what subjects should I improve? If it's a subject that needs a lot of immersion, then the summer is the perfect time for you to improve. If it turns out you suck at French, for example, summer is the perfect time for you to read Le Monde or watch TV5 every day. You can't afford such a luxury during the academic year.

The summer is also a great time to retain what you've learnt the previous year by studying it again, and to prepare for the next year. The best students usually prepare everything before they enter the classroom. When they have classes, they are revising the material and asking questions they've prepared beforehand.

• Of course they should:

There are no "breaks" from learning. Though it need not be rigorous students should maintain their skills and skill sets throughout downtime and off season just like athletes, musicians, and other hobbyists and sport players. The idea that the brain waits and doesn't just degrade and forget is notably nonsense.

It's simply a fact that summer school harms learning on most fronts because students simply forget everything over prolonged breaks and do substantially worse than year-rounders.

• Absolutely not! Never

Parents kids need a need a break from school. Summer vacation is that special break they have been waiting for all year. School is so stressful they mention education during summer. Kids I know how you feel if your parents are making you work or study. I wish I could help. :(

• We spend months in a classroom being screamed at teachers we need a break!

Summer break is like any other break your not supposed to use your break on doing stuff that caused you stress. Do you hear how terrible it is. Working during a break. Is like going on lunch break then not going to eat but staying at work. You'll get hungry. Reading during the summer should be a choice not something forced upon you. My dad does this all the time and he's been gone for half of summer break and now that he is back he's come to ruin the other half.

• Kids need a break from work

Summer is supposed to be a time where children can relax and escape the stresses of school. You want kids to actually enjoy summer, not study throughout it. Studying also takes time from being with their friends. Finally, kids don't even like studying. They'll probably try to worm away from studying. What's the point in it if they just do that?

• Kids need a break from work

• Summer is a time where kids can actually relax

• Parents should not force the children to study.

Children get a summer break after a hectic and tiresome academic year. That time is meant for their enjoyment and relaxation bcoz they also need some time to come out of the academic stress.By forcing them to study during vacations, they will end up losing their interest in studies and would become totally irritated and aggressive

• What's a vacation again?

Va·ca·tion
    vāˈkāSH(ə)n,vəˈkāSH(ə)n/
    noun
    1.
    NORTH AMERICAN
    an extended period of recreation, especially one spent away from home or in traveling.
    "he took a vacation in the south of France"
    synonyms: break, time off, recess, leave, leave of absence, furlough, sabbatical, spring break; More
    2.
    The action of leaving something one previously occupied.
    "his marriage was the reason for the vacation of his fellowship"
    verbNORTH AMERICAN
    1.
    Take a vacation.
    "I was vacationing in Europe with my family"
    synonyms: travel, tour, stay, visit, stop over; formalsojourn
    My point proven

• Of course not!Otherwise, why are there vacations if children need to study during these?

Students should not study during summer vacations because since the beginning of the year they had to study everyday for exams and they could not relax because of the amount of homework, revisions and projects they had to do for school without forgetting waking up early every morning. Parents also put a lot of pressure on them to pass exams which is a very big stress for them.During vacations,it is time for them to relax,play, watch TV,visit places and learn new things from life without studying. By doing so,it will prepare them for the next school year after the break without being tired.

• Of course not!Otherwise, why are there summer vacations if children need to study during that time?

During the whole year students study everyday for exams and they are very stressed as they cannot relax with the amount of homework they have+revisions ,projects and the pressure parents put on them so that they pass.Now,during summer vacations, it's time for them to relax,play,visit places,watch TV and enjoy themselves doing activities which help them learn new things without studying. By doing so,they will feel fresh and ready to bear the next year at school at the end of the vacations.