Should parents make their kids study during summer vacation?

• Why no though???

Kids have worked and studied for 180 days at school and some parents don’t understand that their kids need to have a break. I think that kids should have their own free time for the 2 months that they have. Kids are getting bossed around because their parents force them to do work and they don’t do it well. It’s not the child’s fault, it’s the parent’s. We need to let the kids have their freedom for 2 months they only have.

• No!! But sometimes yes!

I am 15 years old and its my summer vacations going on. I am having boards paper the next year so my mom is making me study just for 2 hours daily excluding my tutions which will definitely help me scoring better marks in the boards so we should study but not always as its our summer vacations we need to enjoy.

• IT is best to retain what you learned all year

An hour a day of studying during the summer will help prepare students for the upcoming school year. Better preparation will provide your student with more confidence and less stress during the school year. Why pile all your studying at the last minute? Make better use with so much available time.

• Its all about time management and preparation.

• No they shoudnt!!!!!!!!!!

They need to rest their mind from the work they have been doing in school and they want to meet their friends. Also if they study a lot they could get headaches and they would never go out of their room. Even when you want to go outside they wont go. Thats why

• Any time studying counts

Even if it is only 30 mins it wont hurt to go over some future content that will be taught in school next year. Note that you don't have to study everyday. Some parents force their child to study everyday even though studying in free time is better for the child's health. In my opinion that is bad parenting

• Studying isn't that bad.

I'm 15 years old and I have big exams next year, so this summer my mom is making me study. I have 10 subjects so I do study two subjects for 40 minutes each a day. This means I only have to do 1 hour and 20 minutes of studying every day and I don't have to study at all on the weekends. I don't mind and its going to be very beneficial to me doing my exams. As long as you're not studying hours a day I think its a very good idea. Also, you can enjoy your studying because there aren't any deadlines, it's very casual and relaxed.

• Learning can be fun.

Maintaining the study habit is important. Summer vacation can be a time kids study their interests. Building a tree house. Sewing a dress. Gardening. Building a bee box and raising bees, etc. Any project with guidelines to study and steps to follow. And an ending product to measure effort and knowledge.

• Absolutely 100% Agree

I am 16 years old and I believe studying and learning is crucial to one's overall well-being. I am not saying you need to be studying for hours a day, but you should be studying or reading for at least 20-60 minutes per day. Summer school is not always necessary. Interactive learning summer camps are beneficial as well because not only are they having fun, but he/she are having a hands on learning experience. Personally, I love to study. I enjoy learning new information, and I like processing it and relating to my everyday life. Usually what I do is whenever I take a test I keep every test I get back to study and practice what I do not know, and then I go back and compare my test scores to view my progress.

• Summer is a valuable time.

After completing your exams, you should be looking at your results and asking yourself, in what subjects should I improve? If it's a subject that needs a lot of immersion, then the summer is the perfect time for you to improve. If it turns out you suck at French, for example, summer is the perfect time for you to read Le Monde or watch TV5 every day. You can't afford such a luxury during the academic year.

The summer is also a great time to retain what you've learnt the previous year by studying it again, and to prepare for the next year. The best students usually prepare everything before they enter the classroom. When they have classes, they are revising the material and asking questions they've prepared beforehand.

• Why the heck would we want to study during the summer

Hi I am 12 years old and my dad always made my math homework I am in middle school now and I have all As in my math class. He thinks I got good grades because of my worksheets i had to do. One time i was punished by being whipped because i went outside to see my friends who lived in my neighbor hood. All i wanted was a break not many math packets. If you could see how many math packets me and my brother did if you saw one of us you would be shocked. My dad is the worst parent ever. One time i didn't finish my math packet and he made me stay up until 3 am and finish it. The worst thing he had ever done is make me kneel down NAKED. Yes you heard that correctly. When it comes to studying he has anger issues. If i don't understand something he would say i already learned it and when i asked my teacher she would say "that is 7th grade math " i was infuriated and shocked he gave me 7th grade math. When my teacher Asked "Did ou enjoy your summer i said no. She said why. I said my parents made me do math packets for the whole summer. My teacher talked with my parents and said hello is my son doing good already. My teacher then sighed and said do you know what summer is for my parents said study study study. My teacher said it is for breaks and a stress free environment. My parents argued and i had to switch school because of that i had to say goodbye to my friends and my brother did so too. If your wondering who she was, her name is Mrs Zito powell middle school

• Absolutely not! Never

Parents kids need a need a break from school. Summer vacation is that special break they have been waiting for all year. School is so stressful they mention education during summer. Kids I know how you feel if your parents are making you work or study. I wish I could help. :(

• No,kids should not study during summer break

Like others said students study 180 days which is pretty much two quarters out of 365 days or twelve months!
    They should be able to enjoy themselves to their hearts content,this is my stance on this argument I hope you guys are not cruel enough to make your children study for the whole summer break

• Kids need freedom during break

If you study during break, then your parents want to bore you and stress you out. You should be allowed to do what you want. That's why schools give breaks. They don't give breaks for you to study. Parents don't care. They only want you to be smart. It doesn't matter to them. They don't care if you worked and stressfully for 180 days. All they care about is education especially mothers. If you are bossed around, then remind them you are on vacation and have a break. Say that you have 180 days to work and be stressed and only 2 months to relax. Do not let parents boss you around. It's the worst thing to let happen to your life.

• Kids are Kids

Kids should be using this valuable time being kids, so let your child do what they want. Also, studying in the summer can be stressful and very disappointing to kids. Plus, a child can use this chance to learn what they like and become more independent which is needed in life.

• Why no though???

• No, they shouldn't

Our childrens need to study the whole year. You have to realised that, after the though semister they need break from their studies. I don't know if there is any benefit or not from giving them rest or not. But they need to enjoy, enjoy and enjoy during the holidays for their own happiness not for benefits.

• No, they shouldn't

• No, they shouldn't

• Should have fun

Children should not study or read during summer break or any break because it is a break of to them when they spend about 180 school days studying . They don't need more time to study on a break am I right I hope u dont make ur kids study on a weekend or a break . 😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇