Should the parents of teen vandals be responsible for their damage?

• Parents should be held responsible.

By law, parents have custody over their children. With that being said, it is the parents' responsibility to take care of their children and teach them to understand the difference between right and wrong. If parents do not teach the kids well at a young age, the kid will feel free to do as they like. However, if the kid has a strong base and is on the right path from the parents, he or she will know how to properly react in situations. Parents should be held responsible for their kid's damage because in a way, they have failed to bring up their kid. As the saying goes, like father like son. Father or mother, parents should be held accountable. A child's actions shows how he is brought up and in what lifestyle he has. One is considered a child until they're 18. Until then, it is the parents who take care, teach, and help them to be successful in their lives.

• It's a tough situation, but I think they should be accountable.

Obviously it is very hard to control an unruly teenage vandal, but someone has to be punished for it, and if the kid is under age then it has to go on the parents. Then the parents should be able to punish their child accordingly, but still the victim still needs to be given retribution.

• Parents of teen vandals should be responsible for damage caused.

Yes, I believe that parents of teen vandals should be responsible for the damage their teen children have caused. The children who committed the acts should also be held responsible. I believe this would provide incentive for the parents to stay committed to making sure their children stay out of trouble. Too often a parent of an unruly teen says, "He's gotten out of hand. There's nothing I can do." I think punishing parents as well as children would help mitigate that.

• Parents of teen vandals should be responsible for their damage

Parents are responsible of teaching their children what is right or wrong. Thats is to be mention that parents are the ones blamed of what his or her child is doing. Children learn in what they see or hear. So what they see or hear in there houses they do it.

• Yes they should.

I believe that parents should be held responsible because they are the ones to care and teach them to do the right thing. They should know better than to allowing them to be out at night creeping around the neighborhood. The parents are to pay all damage because they are their child and no else is in charge of them but them.

• Yes. Always. Be responsible parents.

I think parents should become involved in a teen's life... Good or bad times. You chose to be a parent and that entails all responsibility. Hopefully, the family will grow closer together if they face tough times together. I know the teen may continue to get in trouble but parents need to help the teen learn right from wrong and a sense of community.

• "vandalism cost us all"

Maybe the only way to teach a teen that vandalism is wrong, is to charge the parents with their teens crime, and let the parents handle the discipline according to the crime, why should everyone have to pay higher insurance on their property because of someone else's unruly teenager, why

• Teens often carry a similar characteristic of their parents, whether good or bad

Responsibility is key to ones reputation. Teen Vandals equip none of any kind. However, parents, unfortunately, have a tendency to do the same. Take Marriage. When your married, you have to take a VOW. Now, the responsibility is be loyal to that vow. In today's day and age, it's the antithesis.

• Parents should bear some responsibility for vandalism committed by their teenage child.

The parents of teen vandals should be held accountable for the cost of cleaning up the damage. Of course, the vandal should be penalized, but having the parents feel some of the effects of their child's actions would go a long way to encourage some corrective parenting in the home. Parents should be reminded of their responsibility to raise their children to be functional within society.

• Lol boi boi

Lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

• Do the crime, do the time.

Majority of teenagers are influenced by their fellow peers not their parents. I find that most problem children need a kick of reality to show them their actions have consequences. Otherwise they will grow up thinking that it's okay to commit crimes. Vandalism could eventually change to something much bigger.

• Jhgiuhgirug uifuguidsfud fjgsdjfhsdfhusdh uhfuds

Fheufhiofif fhsdufyshsdjhfdsj jhdsgfshd gudyfg sdfsygfdsfsd sdfsd dsfsd f fds d f ds f ds f sd f df d f df d f df d f df d f d fs f sd fsd f ds fds f sd f sdf sd fsd f sdf sd f df sd f dsf d

• The parents of teen vandals should not be responsible for their childs damage

They shouldn't because it is not the parents fault it is the childs fault that they made the bad decision of the mistake that they made to get in so much trouble with the police for vandalizing something that is not theirs to damage so that means that they will get a huge consequense

• The kids need to grow up!

When the kids do something wrong or bad and if it's really bad the cops might even knockoff your door and say something bought your kids or kids.If they won't learn something new i guess that they will never lear the right and the wrong.They need to find out what they did wrong and what they did right they need to se whats good and whats bad.

• N-o-pe Nope, And No

I don't think that the parents should be responsible for the teens mistake. Whether the parent cares for them or not, teens should understand the consequences before going into adulthood and experiencing them on their own. The parents of that teen aren't going to be constantly by their side doing the job for the teen. The teen can get a job and pay for it. They also could do community service.

• The teens Consequence.

I don't think that the parents should be held responsible for a teens mistake. Whether it was because they had to learn on their own, or simply because the teen didn't listen to the parents. The teen should have to learn from their own choice by getting a job and paying for their own mess, and should also be required to do community service. The teen isn't going to learn if they have someone constantly beside them willing to do all the work. They should understand the consequences before going into adulthood and having to experience it on their own.

• No more Mr. Nice guy

I feel that parents help once in a while ,but not every time they need to say come here baby. Some teens need no more Mr.Nice They try to test parents ,but now stand up to your child and say you are going to find a way to pay back the people whose things you mess with. Good luck!

• No more Mr. Nice guy

• Teens Pay there dues

Many teens may say that they can not get a job false.There are many job like mowing a lawns or even work for your parents or even clean home.If teens pay instead of there parents paying they may brobaly
    Not even vandalism. I'm Trying to say is that teens should pay instead
    Of there parents