Should parents raise children without TV: Does watching TV increase violence rates among children and teens?

• Depending on age

If the child is a teen, the it isn’t bad parenting.They should rely on the kids responsibility.It is a basic life skill to know what and what not to do. The teen should know not to watch graphic tv shows.The parent doesn’t need to monitor watch. If it is a younger child, then yes, they should monitor.

• They do not

Sometimes kids need a break from schoolwork. They can get depressed or be anxious. There are also some TV programs that teach kids useful things like vocabulary. They need entertainment. Kids can watch TV without being violent. Another reason is that kids can do more good than harm sometimes if you let them watch educational shows like pbskids.

• Yes, it doesn't hurt to limit or not allow TV.

TV did increase violence in my own household, as a sibling used a move he saw on a specific television show on one of our parents. That show was then banned in our house. I also had a friend who was allowed no television, and it seemed to have a positive affect on her. While it's certainly the choice of the parents, I believe from personal experience that it can desensitize children to violence and cause them to act out.

• Yes, and no.

If parents feel that the TV is causing an issue within their family and children then they should be allowed to restrict it from being watch without looking like a bad guy. However, I do not believe that TV increases violence in the average child, not when raised right and talked to properly.

• Nooooo tv is life dont take that away u mother trucker

It just is ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ,km,kmk hfdvjk mfe fgmf gfj gfermkl fgsdmk vsg sfmgd gmk fdsmkg fdsgfegjkfdsm gkmdf gmkdf gnmd gmkfd gkmldf gfd gmfgkdfs gmkdf gfd gkfdj gkofdj gfdkoijgjkg fdkjogdfokjsg .Dfkogj fdlmgkjdfokgjdfokijg dfsg,lmdf gkodfgfdm gdfgkl fdgmfdg dfm,g dfkgjdf gklj gmfdk gkdsjg fdkmjgmfdmjg fdkjgf dg gll

• Depending on age

• They do not

• Tv is bad

The minds of kids can blow up or explode if they watch a lot of tv and lately, kids have been watching an awful lot of tv and that is why I think tv is bad, another reason is it might make kids lazy and that is my last reason.

• Tv is good

TV just needs to be in moderation, I see tons of informational tv shows, and I can't say that there isn't a single inappropiate/violent show, adults just need a security program to keep their kids off those channels, otherwise Tv is good for kids to educate or entertain. Now I need two more words until I can submit this vote and ok

• TV does not make children violent

No. Television is just a form of entertainment and I do not believe that it raises the amount of violence in teens and children. Television becomes a problem when parents allow television to raise their children instead of instilling values themselves. Television in moderation is not harmful as long as parents stress that television is not reality.

• No, tv is fine if guidelines are followed.

We all grew up with violent seeming cartoons and they did not cause violence but rather gave us an outlet. However, things have gotten more graphic and so the parental role is to create standards and stick to them. If that is done in an age appropriate way, then tv as education and entertainment is fine.

• Bad Parenting Causes Violence, Not Television

Bad parenting causes violence in children, not bad television. Kids should be allowed to watch age-appropriate television shows. 3-year-olds shouldn't watch CSI, and it's up to the parents to monitor the television watching of their kids. Watching inappropriate shows may increase violence, but again that comes back to parenting and being inattentive to your children.

• There Are Good TV Programs

I do not feel it in necessary to raise a child without TV. I think in attempting to do this, it will only make the child more interested and curious about TV. I think parents can easily control what children watch or make sure that they only watch education or beneficial programs.

• Watching TV does not increase violence rates among children and teens

Watching TV does not increase violence rates among children and teens. It's bad parenting that does that. Parents should have open dialogue with their children about television programming and the violence that occurs on it. Parents nowadays want to be their children's "friends" instead of authority figures. Parents who treat their children with respect can have an open dialogue about television and violence on television and have a good discussion about the difference between imaginary violence and true violence.