Should parents spare the rod and spoil the child?

• I have friends

Rom young, these children will have every wish of theirs granted. As they grow older, their "wants" become "needs" and sometimes what they want is extremely difficult for the parent to fulfil and when they do not get what they want, this spoilt child would create a huge fuss. This can be really a headachstimghte to his/her parents. As seen, by spoiling the child, in the end, it all comes back to the parents and creates a lot of trouble for them, even es it miresult in immensely embarrassing moments for the omeparents. However, this must not be a reason to stop leading the child on to the right path in life.

• I think so

Spank spank spank spank spank spank spank spank spank spank spank spank spam sam soam soam soams sjjaka sjdjdjd skdks sksk k kdskslaspam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam sam soam soam soam soam so aos aps aps appsom spam soam soa spa ms skkskdlkdlskldsds c dSPANK

• I think so

• Strict parenting destroys a child's ability to think freely.

Strict parenting does more bad than good. Indeed, a child need guidance. But children should be taught with compassion, affection and appreciation. Children when appreciated for any good they do, get encouraged more than individuals of any other age groups. It is seen that parents who usually force their children to accomplish something are only doing so because they have some unfulfilled dreams of their own. I say, parents like this should visit the psychiatrist.

• Parents should spoil the rod but spare the child.

My parents never disciplined me, but I was a good kid who became an even better adult. I got into a top 10 private school, graduated, and am now making 70k a year. I have Japanese wife even though I'm black. If Jesus is paying LeBron, I'm paying Lil' Wayne's way.

When children aren't abused ("punished"), they're free to reach their full potential. Children are basically good and will learn from their mistakes on their own.

• Rare Exceptions Aside, Hitting Kids is Rarely the Way to Go

Striking a child should only ever be done in the most extreme circumstances, such as when the child is placing itself or others in danger. An occasional slap upside the back of the head for a bratty child is not the same as giving a five year a black eye.

Face it, you're like 10 times bigger than most kids. There aren't a lot of situations that call for a caning or a paddle, and besides, its creepy and sexual in a way that is somewhat fetishistic and not at all wholesome. Chances are, even the craziest, brattiest most spastic little kid can be hefted over your shoulder and locked inside a room until it stops breaking things.

• Spanking can create serial killers

Look how John Wayne Gacy turned out if you think that spanking is OK. I have been spanked and I know first hand what the damage can be. All it really shows you is hurting others is OK. I don't get why people say that kids will turn out being greedy when they grow up if they are not spanked because a majority of serial killers were spanked. If you teach kids by being violent then they are going to end up being violent and they will fear you. It really is sadistic behavior to have kids just so you can spank them and I don't think you should call yourself a capable parent if you spank your kids because it's really sadistic and wrong.

• Rare spank okay

Because ur child needs to understand whatever he or she does. But we beleive in rare spanking okay? H h h h h h h h h h hg g g g g bg I am happy! G g g g g g g g g g g g g g g

• Nnnkknnkkkkkkkkkkkkk nkn knn

Kndsknvk nfifssbf hviudb ihdvhb uhvudb udgudb jbgub h jh h jh j jh j h jh jb jhb jh uj jh jh h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h

• To the deviant saying yes b/c its sexual

Go get help, maybe some shock therapy for your twisted ideas on how to raise a child, there is nothing weird trying to raise a child that doesnt feel entitled to everything in this world, your comment shows your deviant nature and you should get help fast, STFUI pray if you have kids

• Why take the rod as an option?

It does'nt necessarily mean,that a child if not beaten will turn out to be an indisciplined and unruly individual. There are many other ways in which a child can be made disciplined. Then why should one take beating as the only option ? The child will also not open up with his/her problems if his/her parents are always taking physical methods for bringing him on the right path... Making the child understand his mistake and telling him how to rectify it will be much more valuable.

• Corporal punishment is good for kids.

Sometimes, kids can be very badly behaved. It is appropriate for parents to hit their kids in order to discipline them. As long as they do not hurt them badly, hitting them is acceptable. In almost every country in the world, it is permitted to hit your own children. This is a common bahavior.

• Strike the iron when it is hot

It is necessary for a child to be scolded.If the child is not told about the difference between good or bad they would not be able to become a good human being. Secondly, rod doesn't mean an iron rod. Being strict is sometimes necessary and if it can improves somebody's future then it is good

• Spoiling the child is equivalent to ruining your child's future

There are many implications by spoiling the child.

From young, these children will have every wish of theirs granted. As they grow older, their "wants" become "needs" and sometimes what they want is extremely difficult for the parent to fulfil and when they do not get what they want, this spoilt child would create a huge fuss. This can be really a headache to his/her parents. As seen, by spoiling the child, in the end, it all comes back to the parents and creates a lot of trouble for them, sometimes it might even result in immensely embarrassing moments for the parents. However, this must not be a reason to stop leading the child on to the right path in life.

Secondly, the child's future will definitely be affected also. When he goes out into the society, he will start to realise not all of his wishes can be fulfilled. For example, when this child was younger, he/she would stop studying anytime he/she wants to. But unfortunately, this is not applicable in the real world. He/She cannot leave the office whenever he/she wants to, but has to finish a mountain of work before actually being able to stop work. In the working world, he will find it hard to cope with rejection and even frequent lectures by his boss. All this can contribute to great stress and confusion in the child's life when he/she grows up.

Thirdly, there are many other ways of punishment. I have absolutely no issue with sparing the rod. However, parents must still look for alternative means of punishment. For example, if the child is an avid sportsperson, as punishment, his/her parents can ban him/her from doing sports until he/she has learnt her lesson. I feel that this is also as effective as hitting the child, although this is a way of causing less heartache to the parent.

To end of, instilling moral values in a child and guiding him/her onto the right path in life should be a parent's top priority. Despite all the pain and heartache from punishing the child, parents would eventually be able to see their child grow up to become someone who is morally upright and sensible. :)

Anonymous says2013-08-16T21:26:44.187
Neither