Should Parents Support A Child's Love Of Video Games/Play Games With Them?

Asked by: JarrodBoyd
  • Parents Should Either Play Games Or Support A Child's Love for Video Games.

As a young adult who grew up playing video games, I always hear the typical bashing on video games and the game industry as a whole. But this time, I want someone else's point of view and support on this very personal topic. I am a living example of what happens when both happens. My father was against video games, while my mother supported my love of games. When I was young, I didn't have many things going for me. I was bullied by my sister and my peers and I was mistreated by many of my family members. So others like me, find video games as a place to go where you are strong, loved, and valuable to others. Gamers, young and old, also consider their video game profiles and progress as an extension of themselves. So often times, when parents say video games are a waste of time, they are telling children that they have wasted hours for nothing, which makes them feel like nothing. But many people fail to see the benefits that the parents will notice. For one, children will see you as a friendlier person, rather just plain old parents. Knowing games also allows you to monitor and check the games they already own, but the ones that come out as well. That also gives a perfect opportunity to teach your children something that connects the game they are playing to the world that we live in. Parents also have a chance to teach their kids problem solving skills, social interaction, and numerous other life lessons through video games. You could even use the bad games (gameplay and content wise) to show your kids what's wrong and what's right. But the most important reason of all is just the fact that it gives you one more thing you and your kids can share a bond over.

• Cultivating your child helps them.

Gaming is just as much of a passion as it is a future career. Youtubers make it, a joy of playing games can influence their drive to also produce those very games. People can see it however they want to, but the game designing industry is growing. Children can enjoy the games and even more so with their parents. You don't have to let them play all day long, but supporting them can help them if they choose it as a form of career, or just letting them know that you're open to let them do whatever career they want. Support is a foundation.

• Yes technology has advanced its self but our society has forgotten how important it is for children to be outside.

Enjoying one another or focused on putting effort into something that is beneficial in the long run. Gamers can lead up to having addiction problems and becoming anti social and less physical. We need our children to learn to feel comfortable, within themselves. Not having the imaginary world of a video game be their comfort, that's not reality.