• Because they're children.

Children aren't capable of making all the responsible decisions that an adult is, theoretically. Children have restrictions placed on them by the government, society and parents for good reason. If you can tell if your child is doing something wrong by judging the behavior they display around you, you deserve world wide recognition. Because nobody else can. That's why their behavior needs monitoring. My kids can have their privacy when they move out. Until then, I'm staying involved, and yes, that includes snooping.

• No Privacy, No Freedom

Privacy literally means freedom from any unauthorized observation. If parents invade their kid's privacy it is like invading their freedom and that IS NOT ok!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!! 1!!!!!! 1!1!!!!!! !!!!! 1!!!! !!!! !!!! !!!!! !!!!! !!!!! !!!!! !!! !!! !!!! !!!! !!!! !!!!! !!!!! !!!! !!! !!! !!! !!! !!! >:-( !!!!!!!!!!!!

• I am the parent first not their friend first

As much as I wish I could say, my child could handle life's stress, I know better. Plus, I know of a 13 year who was raped by a 15 year because the parents were not in her business. If they had been, they would have seen the texts and facebook private messages that were being sent back and forth. She was very good at looking like the happy, good girl and even had the good grades. Her parents never knew what was happening until it was too late. Know this, children are still maturing, not mature. They will change as they grow. Curiosity will arrive at their door step and sometimes they will let it in. Be careful before you decide to give so much freedom before they are ready for it.

• For Safety Reasons

Legally, children have no privacy until they are 18 anyway. Parents should invade their children's privacy for safety reasons. With cyberbullying, cyberstalkers and rapists all over the Internet, it makes sense that parents want kids to be safe from harm when they assume people online are simply innocent and mean them no harm. The world is a dangerous place and parents should invade the privacy of their kids in some instances until the children learn to better manage the pressures of a contemporary life.

• Yes, but only when a violation is justified.

Parents should violate their children's privacy only when it is very important. Even in these cases they should be very respectful to a child's legitimate desire for privacy. It is important to ask teenagers before barging into their rooms or going through their items, unless something serious is justifiably suspected.

• Parents should be able to spy on you.

Your parents should be able to spy on you or go into your room and look through your things just because they think your doing drugs or meeting older people that you think are your friends or are your age. They need to because they need to know your safe and not gong to get hurt or killed going out with "friends".

• Parents should be able to spy on you.

• Parents should be able to spy on you.

• Parents should be able to spy on you.

• I have little to no privacy In my house

I’m 15 years old and I live in the middle class conservative version of hell. My mom constantly wants to know what I’m doing, who I’m texting, and what game I’m playing. After that, she comes over to validate my response. This makes her a bit suspicious, like she does not trust me, but it gets worse:
    Whenever I’m taking a crap, my mom peeks through the crack of the double-doors for my bathroom and spies on me. For some reason, even though she can see through it, if I’m doing my homework in the bathroom, she’ll say that she doesn’t know that, and if I bring my phone in there for a calculator, she gets triggered and storms off with it. She also checks to make sure my IPad isn’t in there when I’m not doing homework as well. Sometimes she just barges in to see what I’m doing. I know she’s doing this for a good reason, but it is a little perverted.
    When I’m on my phone or tablet, she tells me to give her my iPad or phone or it will be taken away for a week. She then proceeds to look at my texts, my internet pages, my games, anything to try to find something inappropriate, then she turns around and says she’s doesn’t like punishing me. Meanwhile, she is Area 51 level secretive about her texts and who she’s calling, and refuses to let me borrow her tablet or phone, even if it’s an emergency. In short, she’s basically the federal government: she’s constantly watching me, but shes super secretive about her stuff. Please reply if you agree. If you don’t, that’s okay too. Thanks for reading.

• If they aren't idiots and they are over the age of 12

Ok so my childhood was complete ass and my parents got divorced and all that bullshit and then when I was 13 my mom got this shit called disney circle cause she thinks I'm snorting cocaine or something and basically its gay. I understand using it to limit internet but I can't even whack off and thats pretty lame. I am gonna find the circle and throw it off my roof xD

• NO! It makes me miserable!!

My parents always check on me, and that's fine! I love my parents, but there are ALOT of improvement that could be made in parenting. Not just my parents, EVERY PARENT!! Don't go though your teens stuff, don't look at their text, JUST DON'T.. Let a kid be a kid! And parents freak out about stuff like online stuff and texting, but in reality, we are fine!

• 0 % trust

If a parent goes through a child privacy's that causes the child to see that the parent does not trust the child therefore the child will not come to the parent when actually needed. Furthermore the parent should just wait for the child to confront in the parent unless they have behaving weird and making suicidal remarks

• They need privacy and it will damage your relationship.

I'm currently 17 years old, (so I'm a bit biased), and I can tell you now that my parent,s measures to monitor what I do has done nothing but drive me to resent them deeply and bitterly.

I am not allowed to close my door, I have to surrender all my technological devices at 9pm and put them out to charge in the family room where they can be seen and they will hound me if they're not there by 9pm. My parents want to know who I'm talking to, who I'm texting and who I'm playing online games with. They once opened up my phone after i had left it out to charge at 9 and proceeded to trawl through hours worth of sexually explicit and deeply private and personal conversations and then confront me about it and humiliate me, telling me that they were disgusted before taking more measures to monitor me. This did nothing but breed hatred for them within me.

Spying on your children will destroy their trust for you and it is quiet likely that they will never give it back and that they will not share things with you or talk about things with you and will cut you off from their personal life. It will not make them stop doing whatever it is that they are doing, they will just work harder to hide it. And even if it does stop them, it won't stop them because it's wrong, it will stop them because they know that you will find out and that you will punish them for it.

Adults fear of the NSA spying on them and worry that nothing will be private and although, as a parent, different rules apply, the child will still feel the same.

You are justified to investigate should you believe that your child is unsafe or doing something bad enough that it warrants breaching their trust and privacy, but them being slightly secretive and keeping things private is not justification enough.

Don't do it.

• I do not believe you should

The reason you shouldn't as it breaks trust between the parent and child and the child will grow up with hatred in his heart aimed at he parents themselves some would argue that it's for there own good but is this true? Would you be willing to destroy your child's love and trust just because you wanted to know who there texting at night? All would happen is the child would he you and only hide more from you and most likely do whatever it was you were trying to stop them doing anyway being a teenager myself I know this for fact cause it's how I have grown up so for all parents who spy on there children stop now because all your doing is making it worse they will grow to hate you and that can't be fixed

• It is a basic right

While I understand wanting to know what my children are up to it comes to a point where your violating their rights as human beings. If your child has a diary you don't go into it and read it. So why should a cell phone be any different? If your not okay with letting your child go through EVERYTHING of yours why should they ever feel the same? Invasion of your child's privacy will create mistrust and can have a serious negative impact on your relationship with your child/children. But go ahead and be my guest. Make your children hate you and they'll move out at 18 and you'll get a letter a year or maybe if your lucky a phone call.

• Parents invading privacy

Because privacy is like freedom and you don't need your parents to butt in your own space all the time. It's really annoying, and you get the feeling that your parents are suspicious or they don't trust you, and it reduces the connection or bond of the child and parent.

• Parents invading privacy