• I think yes for no PE clothes

No PE clothes because its like being in a cage and many girls and boys don't feel comfortable about changing their clothes in front of others and get very nervous. Also parents think its inappropriate for students to see each other like that. People don't want to change in front of their classmates.

• P.E. should be replaced with sports

Kids hate going to P.E. because it's boring. All kids learn is how to run or do jumping jacks. P.E. doesn't refer to anything specific. It would be better to end P.E. and have children choose a sport to play. Learning to play a sport would encourage teamwork and help build communication skills. It also tells children that they are learning something, instead of just being forced to run. Having children play sports would also give coaches more players on a team, and therefore more school teams. There could be three levels of teams, just like in college. The first level plays within the school, the second plays against other teams in the area, and the third plays nationally. P.E. is just to general to be helpful. We need students to learn sports because a) they can be helpful in the future, b) they might find something they like to do and c) it would give sports more players.

• Probably, sure. That, or make it optional.

It's both a waste of time and useful, depends on the person you ask. So, while I'm picking the yes-it-should-be-removed side, I propose that it should be the child's choice. Gym can help improve motor skills, stamina, and such, but it also makes many children self-conscious, as it gives those obnoxious school bullies another reason to judge and tease them, and I have personally see it play a role in lowering kids' self-esteem. So, let kids choose in the beginning of the schoolyear! If they want to take gym, take gym. If not, then surely they can take some other extra class or a tutoring period or something. Things like stopping child obesity and getting exercise and such is not our job, it's the parents' job, y'know? Isn't school's job to educate our students and teach them how to build a future for themselves?

• Waste of time

I remember gym class only counted for 2 credits a year. So, that's a quarter credit per semester. I think girls gym class should be an elective. At least 75 percent of the girls I remember thought the class was just a general pain...Getting sweaty and then the "group shower" thing and fighting for a spot in front of the mirror to fix your hair and make up.

It's an especially embarrassing class for over weight girls, getting stared at and whispered about. If the class was elective, then girls could use that time for...A math tutor class?...More Science....English Lit? Basically something that would be helpful if they plan to take the SAT.....Dodge Ball is not on the SAT.

• Yes, it is unnecessary

In my school, pe is graded by how fit you are, which either brought up or brought down your grade, which isn't exactly fair for everyone. School should be for academics. It also made me more stressed, feel winded, feel in pain, and feel like everyone else was more fit than I was. It would be alright if pe was based on whether you tried or not, and where you wouldn't be pushed to the point where you started seeing white spots in your vision, all for a grade or because of a teacher hollering at you. It also bothers me that, in some cases, your grade is not only based on how many you did or how quick you did it, but also because of your gender. This may be because male and female are physically different, but I would prefer if it was adjusted so that you would get the same grade for a certain amount or time it took, despite gender.

• Its rubbish okay.

Cus it is. Also people need to focus on subjects that will help them in the future you get me. The process is just long. The fact that you have to get ready for it then get changed into your school clothes after is taking liberties mate. I cant take it no more

• PE doesn't help child obesity and it disrupts a focused education environment.

Child obesity will is not affected by PE, and any overweight or obese children are not encouraged to become fit. Instead it discourages them and they choose to not participate, just accepting an F in the class(which doesn't help their grades). It also disrupts the focused learning environment that schools try to create. I had math right after PE, and it was extremely hard to concentrate, especially on a test, after major physical exertion like running a mile. Most of all, It's just a waste of a class period. PE takes up an elective, which is a problem for a lot of kids, including me. If I want to get involved in a school activity that takes up an elective, too bad, I'm already being forced to take Spanish,(which also should be removed) and being forced into PE doesn't help.

• PE causes Obesity

PE turned my love of running into a hate of running. There are a lot of unfit parents that shouldn't have children, if you can afford the fun toys that allow a kid to sit around all day, you can afford the attention to make sure they're living a healthy life or if you're so lazy you can hire a sitter, it could be a neighbors kid, it doesn't have to be expensive, if you can't you really don't deserve to be a parent my dad got me a sitter we lived on 127$ a month in the 90's. PE is where most school rapes happen, it turns what should be a love of physical fitness, learning new stretches, physical skills, and sports should come naturally and joyfully. PE is redundant.

• PE causes Obesity

• Should PE be removed from school?

If PE could prevent obesity in children (if anything, I was on the skinny side as a kid), we wouldn't have any obese children. If anything, PE probably hurts obese children more than it helps them because of self-esteem issues. Just think of how embarrassing PE must be for an overweight person.
    Personally, I like gymnastics, biking, and dancing. None of them are offered in school. I don't stay fit through ball playing or running because I never enjoyed it. I feel that PE is totally focused on ball playing. Not everybody cares for that. But then - not everybody is musical either - so why have every kid learn to play the recorder? In some homes, I'm sure that's torture for kids and parents.
    Music, arts, and PE should be a choice, especially for older kids, in my opinion or they should be changed dependent on the abilities of the kids or give different options. Have a choice between ball group, gymnastics or some other offer. Have a choice between singing, playing recorder, or just learning about music without having to participate in the actual music making.
    When it comes to reading, kids get supported at the level they are at and teachers try to find the books they like for them to enjoy reading and become good at it. The same way PE teachers could expand their horizon and offer many more choices to make PE fun for everybody.
    We don't expect every first grader to have the same reading skills, we help out with paras, library, computer games to get kids to read.
    I agree, exercise is important but we have to make it fun for everybody not just the ones that are excelling at it and for that there have to be more options.
    So change it or toss it.

• Having PE Everyday Should be Mandatory in School.

I think that PE should be mandatory in schools. My reasons are that people are starting to have heath problems because of lack of physical activity, PE can help you be stronger and have a stronger mind, and PE is a great way to figure out what sports to do and what sports not to do.

People are starting to have health problems because of lack of physical activity. High blood pressure will happen to those who have lack of physical activity and/or who are fit. Lack of physical activity can cause anxiety and also depression. If you have no physical activity, you are reducing your risk on getting type 2, diabetes. The ones who are physically active have a less chance on getting coronary heart disease. But the people who don’t have physical activity have a higher chance on getting coronary heart disease.

Physical education has many advantages. Some advantages are fitness improvement, physical education can teach you self-control. It can also teach you to grow some skills and also some motor skills. Physical education can help you with goal setting, and it improves your academic skills. Thus release anxiety and also pressure. It also helps you to influence forms with others for leadership, ethical development and also cooperation. Your relationship with your peers and also others will become much stronger than before. Physical education can also enhance your self-confidence and finally help you boost self-respect for you and for how you treat others.

Some people might think that it’s bad that a lot of schools focus on sports more than academics. But in some incredibly intelligent schools in other countries, they actually have more of a focus on academics and they have less focus on sports. When international students come to America, they see that American schools have more of a focus on sports than they do for academics. There are still students in America that has academics as their main priority than they would for practically anything sports related. In a majority of newspapers, there’s usually a section for sports, but there’s rarely a section for individual academic subjects.

Even though sports may get in the way, exercising can make sure that you mood is better and so is your memory. The more energy you are, the more active you’ll be. PE activity will make your muscles stronger, that strength with help with carrying thing around. Whenever you and you’re body is being active, your memory will be much better than it will be when you’re not as active. Also exercising can help you become more productive with time and also work.

I think that PE should be mandatory in schools and this is why, people are starting to develop issues with their health due to the lack of exercising. Also, PE can help you become more focus during your academic classes. Finally, PE is a great way to figure out what sports to do, and also sports not to do.

• I think just no

Students can focus better! Physical education classes can not only help the student’s health, but can improve their performance in the classroom. Exercise has been known to clear minds, and some people have probably told you before that they like to go for a short run when they cannot seem to concentrate. It turns out, they are right. The author of “Spark - The Revolutionary New Science of Exercise and the Brain”, Dr. John Ratey, has told us, “Exercise improves your brain in the short term by raising your focus for two to three hours afterwards.” This could help the students have enough focus to finish a lengthy math problem or read a paragraph and answer several questions about it in their classes after gym.

• I think just no

• Students can focus better!

Physical education classes can not only help the student’s health, but can improve their performance in the classroom. Exercise has been known to clear minds, and some people have probably told you before that they like to go for a short run when they cannot seem to concentrate. It turns out, they are right. The author of “Spark - The Revolutionary New Science of Exercise and the Brain”, Dr. John Ratey, has told us, “Exercise improves your brain in the short term by raising your focus for two to three hours afterwards.” This could help the students have enough focus to finish a lengthy math problem or read a paragraph and answer several questions about it in their classes after gym.

• Students can focus better!

• Why is this even a question?

Do your research, obesity is at an all time high and causes a multitude of health issues. Physical activity is important for mind AND body. Children can focus much better after being active. There are tons of studies already done on this subject, what is wrong with country? I don't even have children and am furious about this being an issue!!!

• No it shouldn't

Because it helps you not be obese and helps you learn sportsmanship. Most kids love it because it gives them a break from doing work. Some schools don't require P.E classes and those schools will probably have the most obese kids. Some kids think it's useless,but it's not ,because you need good health to live a good life.

• No it shouldn't

• No it shouldn't

• No it shouldn't