• I think yes for no PE clothes

No PE clothes because its like being in a cage and many girls and boys don't feel comfortable about changing their clothes in front of others and get very nervous. Also parents think its inappropriate for students to see each other like that. People don't want to change in front of their classmates.

• P.E. should be replaced with sports

Kids hate going to P.E. because it's boring. All kids learn is how to run or do jumping jacks. P.E. doesn't refer to anything specific. It would be better to end P.E. and have children choose a sport to play. Learning to play a sport would encourage teamwork and help build communication skills. It also tells children that they are learning something, instead of just being forced to run. Having children play sports would also give coaches more players on a team, and therefore more school teams. There could be three levels of teams, just like in college. The first level plays within the school, the second plays against other teams in the area, and the third plays nationally. P.E. is just to general to be helpful. We need students to learn sports because a) they can be helpful in the future, b) they might find something they like to do and c) it would give sports more players.

• PE doesn't help child obesity and it disrupts a focused education environment.

Child obesity will is not affected by PE, and any overweight or obese children are not encouraged to become fit. Instead it discourages them and they choose to not participate, just accepting an F in the class(which doesn't help their grades). It also disrupts the focused learning environment that schools try to create. I had math right after PE, and it was extremely hard to concentrate, especially on a test, after major physical exertion like running a mile. Most of all, It's just a waste of a class period. PE takes up an elective, which is a problem for a lot of kids, including me. If I want to get involved in a school activity that takes up an elective, too bad, I'm already being forced to take Spanish,(which also should be removed) and being forced into PE doesn't help.

• PE causes Obesity

PE turned my love of running into a hate of running. There are a lot of unfit parents that shouldn't have children, if you can afford the fun toys that allow a kid to sit around all day, you can afford the attention to make sure they're living a healthy life or if you're so lazy you can hire a sitter, it could be a neighbors kid, it doesn't have to be expensive, if you can't you really don't deserve to be a parent my dad got me a sitter we lived on 127$ a month in the 90's. PE is where most school rapes happen, it turns what should be a love of physical fitness, learning new stretches, physical skills, and sports should come naturally and joyfully. PE is redundant.

• PE causes Obesity

• Should PE be removed from school?

If PE could prevent obesity in children (if anything, I was on the skinny side as a kid), we wouldn't have any obese children. If anything, PE probably hurts obese children more than it helps them because of self-esteem issues. Just think of how embarrassing PE must be for an overweight person.
    Personally, I like gymnastics, biking, and dancing. None of them are offered in school. I don't stay fit through ball playing or running because I never enjoyed it. I feel that PE is totally focused on ball playing. Not everybody cares for that. But then - not everybody is musical either - so why have every kid learn to play the recorder? In some homes, I'm sure that's torture for kids and parents.
    Music, arts, and PE should be a choice, especially for older kids, in my opinion or they should be changed dependent on the abilities of the kids or give different options. Have a choice between ball group, gymnastics or some other offer. Have a choice between singing, playing recorder, or just learning about music without having to participate in the actual music making.
    When it comes to reading, kids get supported at the level they are at and teachers try to find the books they like for them to enjoy reading and become good at it. The same way PE teachers could expand their horizon and offer many more choices to make PE fun for everybody.
    We don't expect every first grader to have the same reading skills, we help out with paras, library, computer games to get kids to read.
    I agree, exercise is important but we have to make it fun for everybody not just the ones that are excelling at it and for that there have to be more options.
    So change it or toss it.

• PE is useless and a waste of time

Not only is PE a waste of time, but it also can cause some kids to end up with anxiety and depression. This may sound silly, but when I was in school, PE was what I by far feared the most. I was absolutely awful at it and could barely breathe by the end of each lesson, not to mention the judgement I got from this. If kids are overweight, them and their parents should take it upon themselves to fix this. It should not be left in the hands of schools. Your physical ability does not real matter for most jobs but mental ability absolutely does.

• Yes for those who don't play sports.

Yes, PE is good for kids fitness, but some kids might freak out if they have PE as an elective. Adults may not know that there are some REALLY judge mental kids out there. Especially at my school and kids might not want to be humiliated because they aren't athletic.

• Yall suck :))

Yall suck idiwjfkd uhg iiu iuy uuy igg irw jyef irsg kgi hoho o h h I j I j I ij j j j j j h h h h h j h g g hj y u u u u u u u u h y y t o t u

• No no no

No, it shouldn't. Physical Education is one of the few times in a modern child's life when they get any physical exercise. Childhood obesity is at an all time high given the high percentage of processed food and sugary drinks in most children's diets. PE also teaches them the importance of teamwork if they get involved in sports, and in persevering toward a goal by overcoming their own physical weaknesses.

• I do not think so

If P.E. Is removed then where will kids learn how to keep themselves fit, where would they learn their survival skills from. P.E. Is to help kids keep their stress levels down by exercising to the point where they feel good and feel as if they look good. If kids have that to lean on then we would have a better rate of kids graduating every year.

• It keeps you fit

Doing P.E is a good thing because it keeps you fit and it very important that you try to keep fit because if you never do exercise and you never stop eating, all the food you eat will store up in your body as fat because it is never used up and eventually you will die. So it is important that you exercise and try to be fit. P.E is what controls childhood obesity. Childhood obesity is rising. Without gym class, Students would spend 6-7 hours a day sitting on their bottoms not doing any physical work.

• No,PE should not be removed from schools.

It would be a dangerous situation if PE were to be removed from schools.First of all students would have very little chance to vent their excess energy which has been shown to inhibit learning.They would also have problems getting the health benefits that come with regular and vigorous physical activity.

• P.E is what controls childhood obesity.

Childhood obesity is rising. There is one class that is preventing those rates from shooting like a rocket. That class is gym class. Without gym class, Students would spend 6-7 hours a day sitting on their bottoms not doing any physical work. That is incredibly unhealthy. Studies have shown that students perform better when physical ed is mixed in with learning. Without gym, students will perform much worse.

• PE should not be removed, it lowers stress.

PE should not be removed because at school when you have PE kids stress will go away. Also they get exercise. They get to run around for some time instead of sitting down in a seat all day. They need to get up and run. PE is just right for that, so don't remove PE.

• It's a fun experience.

First of all, it helps you do well in sports. It gives students a chance to have fun and run around and play, other than at recess. It also gives kids a chance to experience all sorts of sports, even if they don't play them. If people do not go and exercise, gym class gives them free exercise. Gym also helps kids in class because it takes all of the stress out of them and it doesn't make class boring. Give kids gym! Please do not take gym away!

• No, it shouldn't.

Physical Education is one of the few times in a modern child's life when they get any physical exercise. Childhood obesity is at an all time high given the high percentage of processed food and sugary drinks in most children's diets. PE also teaches them the importance of teamwork if they get involved in sports, and in persevering toward a goal by overcoming their own physical weaknesses.

• No, it shouldn't.