• Penmanship is important

I believe penmanship should be taught in schools, to young children. Given that computers and technology have become our main way of relating information, penmanship is not as important as it once was. However, I have seen employers base their hiring off of handwriting within the last few years, so it's still essential to write legibly.

• Penmanship is important

• Penmanship Is Important

The fact that schools don`t teach penmanship is horrible. If the kids don`t learn penmanship they will not know how to write in cursive they will not know how to write their signature. If they don`t teach penmanship or cursive kids will be stuck writing how they normally write. So I think that they should be REQUIRED to teach penmanship or cursive in Elementary Schools.

• Handwriting is Still Important

Even in a world where most communication is electronic and the keyboard has replaced the pen in many applications, there are still times when a person has to write things down with a pen and paper. Since writing is a necessary part of adult life, and schools are designed to get children ready for the adult world, penmanship is still an important subject for students to learn.

• Give Kids A Good Base

• Penmanship is important

• What about all of the future doctors?

In 2082 we don't want 12 year olds forging prescriptions for the Ritalin because all of the doctors have neat handwriting!!!!! Drugs=bad thing!! Bad handwriting=keeps people off drugs!!!!! Ok!!! Im tired of seein kids forge prescriptions it is bad and illegal!!!!! Good penmanship will be the demise of our society!!!