Should people be allowed to anonymously post on the Opinions section of DDO?

Asked by: Juris_Naturalis
  • It's anonymous enough as it is.

It gets confusing with so many posts, comments and replies by and to 'anonymous' , not to mention that is dull in the extreme. I mean, how hard is it to come up with a word which describes you and a little image to go with it? It doesn't have to be your real name. I just wouldn't even bother to read something which has been posted under that banner. I find it a big turn-off. I believe people who are posting like that are doing a disservice to themselves and to this virtual community.

• Anonymity does not belong here.

The idea behind anonymity is that you will not be held accountable for your beliefs, opinions or actions. If this were the case in everyday like, just imagine the chaos that would unfold around us.
    All it shows is that you do not have enough confidence to stand behind your own arguments, and if that is the case, then there really is no reason for you to be here in the first place.

• It's annoying frankly.

A large majority of the opinions I see with anonymous posts are extremely ill-informed and inaccurate. It also prevents you from challenging those people to a debate. And why should anyone post anonymously? If you have an ID, use it, If you don't, then why are you on DDO to begin with?