• Guns, a 2nd amendment right and a life saver

The 2nd amendment gives citizens the right to bear arms, and to shoot down a quick argument about more guns=more violence, look where the most violent attacks have been in recent years (schools, movie theaters, military bases) all of those places explicitly ban weapons on the premises, now look at the last time someone shot up a gun range or an NRA meeting (the answer is never) taking guns away from law abiding citizens will not stop anything. Heck, some highschooler in Pennsylvania just snapped and went on a knife attack, using gun grabber logic we should start banning knives. On a more personal level, a gun is like a parachute, if you don't have one when you need one, your gonna be screwed. A lot of people don't think they'll need a gun until the armed burglar is breaking down the front door. In conclusion, giving more people the right to carry a firearm (with education on the use and responsibility of a weapon) would be an overall good for the community rather than the bad one suggested

• No duh we should

Its an American right to bare arms why should carrying a concealed firearm be any different. We as Americans should be aloud to carry a gun because its not just as simple as being armed and a potential felon but its like being armed and potential savior. I submit that to carry a gun could be dangerous but so is swimming in the ocean, you going to ban that too?

• Us as Americans should be able to carry a concealed hand gun.

If we have a mobile hand gun strapped to the side of our waist than we will be and feel a lot safer. We can protect ourselves in situations like robberies and or shootings at school or on the streets. Its like having a body guard. The crime rate will go down. Although most of us will think otherwise because everyone will be holding a hand gun, but thats not the point. Its about putting the safety into the American hands. We are a lot smarter than most think. We know when to use them and we know how to use them properly.

• You would think that our founding fathers

Would have said no guns. They are after all part of the group that made the united states almost all of what it is today. They say that the right to bear arms shall not be infringed not on the basis of just owning a gun, but the ability to fight corruption. Hitler took guns away from the Jews...Look it up if you wish. Great Britt. Had tons of laws on gun rights at that time, and they were about to be invaded. "Lets throw stone at those bloody Germans."

• Protection or self defense

I think people should be allowed to have weapons in their homes because in a case of an emergency like a thief, they should have the right to protect themselves if items are getting stolen or someone is trying to hurt them.If you have kids or a family .. And someone comes in with a gun you would want to be ready to save your life and your children ,siblings, or parents.

• We should have guns because we need to defend ourselves and from the FBI

We should have guns because we need to defend ourselves from or victims. So if one day we are being attacked and there is not enough of polices to keep us safe. Then we stand up need also fight for our country and be free. So therefore we should own guns

• Self defense protection self offense

Protection
    is a very important thing and a lot of people need it so that is why I think that people should always carry it with them if they are somewhere where they don't know where they are they will need protection but I understand that some people are irresponsible but that just means that the gun shop gave the gun to the wrong type of person

• Gun control should be allowed

Self defense because if someone where to rob a bank and you where in that situation then they could protect them selfs and get out of that situation so i think they should carry firearms. I'm less on the no side because of sandy hook elementry because u could have a legal firearm and start shooting people but i think it should be yes

• With certain training this should be allowed.

I believe that people should be allowed to carry guns around when and whenever they want, but they have to be trained and have a concealed weapon permit to do this. I think this because people should be allowed to protect themselves and their loved ones when they go out to have fun! Public places would be a lot safer if people had concealed weapons. Because of all of these shootings that have been going on the past few years it will give the civilians a better chance to survive during one of those situations. I also believe that responsible teachers should be allowed to get their concealed carry weapon permit. This would make schools be a lot safer for the children in many ways. One reason it would keep the students safe is because if some kid decided to bring a gun to school he would have to think twice because he would know a hand full of teachers have guns and he might not want the challenge of someone else with a gun right away. One more reason is that if someone were to break in a school with a gun they can be terminated right away instead of the kids hiding in the classroom for 20 to 30 minutes waiting for the police to get there.

• Yes because if someone is robbing you you need to protect your self

Yes because you need to protect your self only protect your self not go on killing sprees see you should have a perment to carry around a gun if you dont your probly going to get arested my dad has 4 wepon permets and he keeps them on him at all times. You sould onluy carry a gun if you have a perment

• I think not

I think they shouldn't because it can cause mass shootings and kill innocent people by accident. It will teach children bad ways and teach them to resort to violence when in need of help. Yes you may need it for self defence but violence isn't the way forward. The world should be a peaceful place to live. Not somewhere where guns and knives are used frequently to help out. People who have jobs that may need weapons then fair enough but they should have a license of how they use it and how they carry it around outside their work.

• yes

As much as I may not like guns, as a huge liberal, I must accept that it is a right enshrined in the US constitution. AS long as someone passes a fair licensing test or what ever registration steps are required, then they should be able to carry a gun .

Posted by: awil
  • No, guns are unecessary

Guns should be made illegal. There is never an occasion when an ordinary citizen needs a gun. Even for self-defense - I have yet to see any statistics on how many lives guns save. It seems that people use guns for intentional violence, or are harmed through accidental discharges while cleaning or hunting.

• No..

No, people should be allowed to have guns. Having a gun in your own home for protection is one thing but keeping a gun on your person is a totally different issue. it's dangerous and we need a lot more gun control in America to stop all of this crazy crime.

• No, people should not carry guns around in public

People should only be allowed to have guns in public if their job requires it. There are far too many hotheads in society, not to mention totally unthinking people who might decide to settle a dispute using a gun, or shoot at a lamp pole. Without using any degrading name calling, I think we all agree that some people are not capable of responsible judgement, and allowing everyone to carry a gun would be a foolish thing to do.

• Guns are for the military

This world is getting messed up. I'm 12 years old and I'm always worried that one day some crazy person will come into my house and start shooting me and my family. Us americans should not have to live our lives in fear. I don't feel safe walking alone at night or even in the day. Too many people are getting killed for no God dang reason. Stop killing people please. Stop ruining our lives. Think about others for a change.

• Why are we so attached to guns?

All guns do is kill. They are responsible for so many deaths, so why do we see them as a need in our society? Protection? Guns make us just as criminal as the threat we face.

What I don't understand is how we see guns as a good thing. If they were so amazing, why doesn't the rest of the world have them? In America, they are given as birthday presents for those who are less than 10 years old. TEN YEARS OLD. Isn't this crazy? I say, if you live in an unsafe area, get the heck out of there. Your kids shouldn't need to carry guns. There have been cases of kids accidentaly shooting their siblings and family members with their guns. Why do we let this happen?

• Guns rights not available

Because what if there was a crazy person that had a gun and started shooting everyone. I would be mad because what if that person came and shot you or one of the people you love. Think about it because everyone thinks of their family's safety. That's why my opinion should touch everyone and help them better understand safety more.

• It is violent and dangerous

It can kill people and even though people say that people kill people if people drink and drive are we going to ban cars, if people stab people should we ban knives. No but cars are a source of transportation and knives are used to cut things but what can we use guns for. Self-defence generally means that you injure someone with the gun so none is safe from the gun

• Too many deaths involving guns.

There is no need for ordinary citizens to carry a gun in general. If you are being mugged, use pepper spray. Only military and army people should be allowed to have guns, but outside of the country, and only when they are going to war. And police officers of coarse. But even then should they all have a heavy background check before being allowed to have a gun in their hands.

Anonymous says2013-02-28T03:12:08.283
guns shouldn't be allowed and just think about kids safty if guns are around them every 2min. people just don't think of what will happen after guns are in every inch of America. I'm pretty shure that kids want to feel safe considering i'm one.