• Yes, we should be able to own guns.

First of all do guns kill people no people kill people and do you want some random dude/dudette to walk into your home and kill you no you want to have a fighting chance and without a gun you cant so yeah we should have guns or a lot of innocent people would probably die.

• Yes, we should.

I don't care what the law says, I'm getting a gun. You think I'm going to trust the police with my life? They're flippin' useless! Sometimes they're even crooked. And what about my daughter? Should I let her walk around town without a loaded gun? She might get raped or murdered. Gun control advocates just aren't paranoid enough.

Posted by: APB
  • Guns are good

In switzerland everyone is required to own a gun and their crime rate is literally at the bottom of the world, it is ridiculious to hear all the stupid liberals and government officials say that banning guns will stop gun crimes, if you were a criminal would you rather rob a house with a gun or without a gun?:? My point exactly

• Yes, to protect from violence.

In 1979 it was discovered that more than 32,000 attempted rapes, 32% were actually committed. But when a women is known to carry a concealed weapon (gun) less than 4% of the attempted rapes were actually successful, proving that women carrying a guns or other weapons are less likely to face the threat of rape. This, to me sounds like a great reason why fellow citizens should be able to carry weapons in their house-hold, especially women.

• guns are useful

If I put a 22 pistol and bullets on a table, more than likely it won't load itself and kill someone... I don't see why people think that guns are such a bad idea. Guns don't kill people, people with guns kill people. We all heard that before, but do the idiots in the government see that? All you're going to do is make a lot of people mad when you take guns away. You think you're gonna take em, but I do not think so.. You'll have even more deaths over guns then.

• Gun Rights Needed

Alright, approximately 16,000 people die each year by drunk drivers, why not just ban alcoholic beverages? Because you have the right to drink and to bear arms. If everyone had guns, the world would be much safer. There are three obvious reasons for guns, hunting, self defense and to protect yourself from a tyrannical government, our founding fathers thought about this.

• Because We can.

People should be allowed to own guns. Now alot of people say NO because we already have police, but that is absurd. 75-80% of police officers who get called to a crime scene arrive 10-15 min AFTER the crime was committed. Giving more than enough time for criminals to escape. Another reason is that in America it is a right . A

• Firearms are a right. Not a privilege, or a need. A human right.

The UK has a very strict set of rules when it comes to firearm regulations. But crime rates are climbing upwards, even though guns are illegal. People are starting to resort to kitchen knives and makeshift weapons to commit felons, and people die because of these felons. Lots of people. Though that's the UK and I'm here in America, and those two states have different laws. So lets look at the U.S.
    After a short search of violent crimes per state here and comparing the state laws on firearms, I found that states like Idaho, Utah, and North Dakota had exceptionally low crime rates. Is it population? Let's look at California. California is infamous for hosting a very large selection of gangs and cartels. And the laws there on guns? I'd say the most strict in America. So these criminals are getting ILLEGAL firearms from a third party. And if a law abiding citizen doesn't own a gun and a criminal has a illegal firearm... Imagine the havoc.
    And what about cultural differences? People in LA usually don't see a need for a AR-15, but a hunter or marksman in Alaska or the Rockies see a need for a gun because of things like hunting, marksmanship competitions, and being raised in an area where firearms form a large part of your daily life.
    Firearms are also used extensively in self-defense, and if a person poses a threat to your life and your families life, you need to make that hard decision whether or not you need to kill/maim that person in order to keep alive. Its not murder, its defending yourself from being murdered.
    Also, what of our "well regulated militia?" By U.S. law there are two kinds of militia: The National Guard, and all able bodied men from 18-45(?) years of age. If our nation ever has to fight the hell of tyranny again and our military fails to meet that objective, citizens have the god given right to defend ones self, ones family, and ones nation.

• Hell yes people should be able to own guns

Lets think this through if people cant get guns legally the innocent law abiding citizen wont be able to defend themselves against criminals who use this thing called the black market. Plus the Second Amendment states that a us citizen has the right to own a gun, id like to see the government try to take guns away from us. I could go on.

• Guns are logical

Guns should be allowed. Without them, people are left vulnerable and defenceless. The people who are commiting the crimes, could get them from the black market. Putting a law on guns would just reduce the amount of good people with guns. If guns didnt exist, what would you do to protect your family?How would you scare someone off?

• Are people mad ?

It's wrong, I understand people have guns to protect them selves or shooting et.birds, animals. But we have people out there who just shoot innocent people for fun. And guns are so easily purchased for people now, so it would just make matter worst. you don't need guns to protect your self, that's why we have police; guns just make matters worst because if you shoot a burglar for instance as they were on you property and you kill them how are you going to live with your self. And we all know that there's a time for death so don't be afraid of it. if your religious if you die god or idols just need you.

• People are Irresponsible and Don't know How to Properly handle Situations

People who carry a gun with them normally use it for self protection. Though say for example if a person is carrying a gun and gets into a feuding argument with his peer. He may get so frustrated that he decides to pull out his gun. Next thing you know this person shoots his peer out of rage. There is no need for self protection, that is what the police are for. If guns were illegal we really wouldn't have anything to protect ourselves from. The main idea is that human beings today need to figure out how to settle disagreements calmly, verbally and maturely. Violence is never the answer, it only seems to be the easiest way out. Though trust me, it never is...

• Guns? No

If we are living in the USA, a supposedly civilized country, we should not be allowed to own guns. Americans are surrounded by police, government, highway patrol etc. We already live in a police state so if guns are allowed, then only the nuts and crazy people will use them against innocent people. Freedom has nothing to do with the argument. That was a good line 200 years ago.

• I think that of course people shouldn't have own guns.

Because gun means war,death,pain,crime. In here (this website), how many people have owned a gun? I don't think anybody. I mean; I'm alive,I'M SAFE, I don't need to gun for protect myself and also if having gun rate is increased, crime rate will increase. Small disagreements can cause a great regrets with guns

• At least 395 people have been killed in school shootings by guns.

Since 1996 there have been 78 school shootings. Of these 66 were with guns. This took the lives of 395 people. Would these have happened if guns were not legal? I do not think so. Some say that it is the person that makes the killer, not the gun. I agree, but guns make it far too easy for evil to arise.

• No, People Shouldn't be Allowed to Have Guns.

I don’t think that people should be able to have guns. More than one hundred fifty Americans are shot daily. Eighty-three Americans are killed each day. One child is killed every hour. At least eight children or teens are killed per day. In the United States, children under fifteen years old commit suicide with guns due to bullying, about eleven times more than other countries combined.

• No we shouldn't

People say they own guns for protection and self-defense. However, guns are rarely used that way. Guns are used far more in accidents, criminal assaults, homicides or suicide attempts than in self-defense. For every instance in which a gun in the home was shot in self-defense, there were seven criminal assaults or homicides, four accidental shootings, and 11 attempted or successful suicides.

• Guns for protection?

Many state that guns are essential for protection. Well how exactly are you protecting yourself with a gun? If you say that you are protecting yourself from possible dangers with a gun then you are also stating that you would kill another individual in a situation that poses danger. This no longer makes you a person attempting to keep themselves safe because you become a murderer.

• People Should Not Be Allowed To Own Guns

People Should Not Be allowed to own guns because of the fact that they provoke violence. 34 People Die Every Day Because Of Guns and the fact that the Government Gives People The Right To Bear Arms Every Since The hooting In Newtown 7,897Poeple Have Died Because Of Guns That's More Than double the Amount Of U.S soldiers killed over the 9 Year Iraq War. Roughly 60% Of This Amount Of People Killed By Guns Were Suicides If People Are allowed to own guns then the amount of suicides homicides and Massacres Will Increase Which Is the total Opposite Of What The Government Wants To Happen Agree Or Disagree With Me Its Whatever Suits You I just know that 7 times out of 10 A Person Buys A Gun To Harm Someone Not For Protection
    By: Kemani H

• Guns are stupid

So many people get hurt from owning guns. They get shot accidentally because of someone who owned a gun. Guns can cause serious injuries. Guns are also forbidden in the U.S. Guns can also kill people by accident. So many people were dead because of this problem. Guns should be banned

codymatthew1212 says2014-10-31T15:42:33.143
To all you liberal idiots who think we shouldn't own a gun. Put yourself in a alley in nyc and your getting mugged and or your wife gets mugged or raped. Tell me that you wouldn't want a gun present or that you actualy belive the cops will arrive in the 60 seconds it takes to do it? Look at Switzerland. Everyone owns a gun and no crimes. Would you walk in to a bank and rob it knowing EVERYONE in the bank has a gun on their hip? And not only that. What about the people who practice substanance living out in the mountains? Who rely on a gun to feed their family. Guns aren't the problem. Its Parents who don't know how to raise their kids who is the problem. You wana bann something? Ban a knife. A knife has unlimited amount of bullets and can kill JUST as easy. Or better yet. Ban our hands!
Dilara says2014-12-17T00:26:21.107
Anyone voting no is an idiot. A special kind of idiot. They should spend one minute in their home with a rapist whose burst in knowing that no guns are in the house because they're illegal. When seconds matter the cops are minutes away
And I thought you libs didn't like cops? What if your black.