Should people be allowed to post on the Internet anonymously?

• I'm actually doing something on this for debating at school

I actually glad that there is some privacy regulations due to anonymous
    posting, so if there was no anonymous posting I wouldn't think about posting this. But I also disagree, it could stop cyberbullying as people will think twice about posting rude things, as they could get reported, and people would know who it is.

• Freedom of speech

No w ru9ber yegrihe re ride ride riser Eli. Sir ei i.e. I.e. I.e. I.e. I.e. E e i. H j j j jkjjkj kj Kiki kj j kj k jk j kj k jk j k jk j k jk j kj k jk jk jk j kj kj kj kj kj

• People have the right to privacy.

Although I understand the arguments of those who say that signing in should be required, I also think that people should be able to retain some privacy while they browse the internet.

Many people say that if you put something online, you should not be afraid to put your name by it, but regardless of whether they are engaging in malicious actions, people wish to, and have the right to, keep certain areas of their life separated from one another. Just as a professional keeps their personal drama out of the workplace, an Internet user should not have to carry the burden of their real life with them when they visit their favorite websites.

• People have the right to privacy.

• Jajajajjajaj jaja jaja

Jaj aja jaa a j aj ajaaj ajj j jaj jaj aja jj aja ja ja j ajja j aj aj aja jja j aj aj aja jjajajaj j jaj aj ajjaja ja j ajaj j aja j jaj aja j aja jj aj ajaj j aj ajaj ajj a

• Jajajajjajaj jaja jaja

• Lol ha ha

L o i j h a u h e i u y h g a o p u h g n j l i i ao o o jaij i ji h h qoqn j jdo ther e wnce was a pineapple under the sea spongebob squarepants lol omg ha

• Lol ha ha

• Yes they should be allowed to.

People should be allowed to post on the Internet anonymously as it is their right to not have their identity broadcast. Just as journalist, authors, radio hosts, and many others get to be hidden behind a secret name or be listed an anonymously, so should those who write and post things on the Internet.

• Yes, they should.

Yes, I think that people should be allowed to post on the Internet anonymously. Privacy is important and people may have their reasons to stay anonymous. Sometimes it is easier to remain anonymous than to join a certain website, especially if you are just going to post there one time.

• False leading info

Sites like Wikipedia, Answers.Com, References.Com, all of these sites rely on anonymity. It's not right because people use those sites as resource sites for papers or to support other arguments. If everyone on those sites is posting anonymously, then nobody will ever know if that information is factual or fictional. If we at least require a name and a place asking where they got that ceertain information, people might take these sites as credible sources.

• We need accountability

People will say whatever they like when they realize they aren't revealing who they are. This allows them to post threats to others or hate speech. When people get hate remarks under their post how can they tell who it is if they're a John/Jane Doe? You can't serve consequences if you don't have an identity.

• To a certain degree.

Throughout my years of browsing various sites, scanning comment sections & gathering the general idea of anonymity on the Internet. I can assure you that a lot of individuals act very different behind the so-called "mask" that is their keyboard. Anonymity is beneficial yet very destructive, people show their true forms when they're not held accountable for their actions. For example, people tend to throw out an array of insults because they won't be punished for it. Many suicides have been caused by cyber bullying. From racial slurs to death threats of family members, It's only been 2 decades and we've seen what the internet is capable of. I fear for the path this is heading.

• NO they shouldn't

Becuase people say really mean things to others just to bring them down i dont think its right to have people talking about you when they can't say it to your face it's pathetic just if you have something to say, say it to their face instead of using an anonymous site because you're scared to face them by yourself

• People should sign in

When people comment on the internet, they should be checked in and identified. If they don't, they may spread false information because they are anonymous. Since they hide behind a hidden identity, they go against the trouble of getting caught or caught in a lie that they started for publicity.

• People should sign in

• People should sign in

• If you have something to say, you should have to own it.

It would reduce the amount of hateful, derogatory or defaming things said about people if they had to register their comments and held liable civilly. As of right now, it's nearly impossible to determine the author of a post or review. This leaves victims feeling helpless and exposed to whoever chooses to defame or harass them.

• No, I don’t think people should be anonymous online,

No, I don’t think people should be anonymous online, because that cases problems, confusing and threats. People that will be anonymous on social network knows there will be no consequences, no need to display courage with their convictions and so they take delight in pushing things as far as they can. On the another hand many people in the world do hide behind their anonymity to behave utterly obnoxiously online, to the point where I suspect that if you chose to communicate like this then you have no life and have no friends.

• We don't get anonmity in life we shouldn't get it online.

I am not saying let people see what you search online or allow you to give out up your personal info to the world.
    But we need to bring more control over the Internet.

The Internet is a great way to see what human nature is really like. It allows people to do and say awful things and get away with it. Go on YouTube and you will see tons of people being attacked for anything. We need to monitor it better but I am not saying let the government spy on you and that you shouldn't be free to speak freely it is just a way to fight bullying and crime