Should People be aloud to take a knee during the National Anthem?

• It's a legal form of peaceful protest

The 1st amendment gives Kaepernick and other players the right to kneel. U.S. veterans even signed a letter encouraging them to exercise their freedom of speech by doing so. Former president Barack Obama said Kaepernick was simply exercising his constitutional right to make a statement. So obviously, America, the police, and Veterans know than these brave players aren't trying to offend them.

• They have the right to

People seem to forget that the Bill of Rights allows people to peacefully protest their government in the form of freedom of expression. As long as they aren't physically harming people as protest, they aren't breaking any laws. The people that say that they are disrespecting the troops by kneeling forget that the troops are the very reason that people are allowed to protest. In other countries, kneeling for the anthem would probably get you thrown in jail or worse, so I'm glad that people here can protest like that without that kind of risk.

• I Don't Find It To Be Productive But They Have The Right To Do So

It's freedom of expression, but I think people who kneel for the national anthem could be protesting in more productive ways. Obviously it's created a lot of awareness around the issue of Black Lives Matter, but the issue already has enough awareness, it needs action. Those who kneel for the national anthem should try and use their influence to lobby the government, so they can get police departments to change their ways. Or something like that.

• Freedom of Expression!

If people feel as though they want to kneel during the National Anthem they should be allowed to. Some people may feel as though the country does not equally represent them and standing and respecting a flag that does not equally represent you is just pointless. Also taking away this right would be unconstitutional because the first amendment states that people are allowed to have freedom of expression and by kneeling to the flag it expresses that they do not have equal representation.

• Yes, In this great country.

This is the beauty of America, opinions are not shrouded by differing opinions. I agree that people should be allowed to kneel. If we criminalize kneeling, then we start to become more like North Korea, where differing opinions could get you thrown in jail or executed, this is exactly what America was founded against hence why it's our FIRST amendment. HOWEVER, I DO NOT AGREE WITH KNEELING TO THE FLAG. It is disrespectful, disgusting, and they are ungrateful for what they have. They do not realize how nice it is to live in the United States.

In short, People are allowed to kneel, but I disagree with the action.

• It's their choice

The 1st amendment protects their right to peacefully protest. None of those people who are kneeling "hate the troops" or the America itself. What's more American than exercising your rights? If they didn't care about America, they wouldn't even be protesting in the first place. Whether you agree with them or not, they clearly care about America and want to see it change for the better.

• Why shouldn't they?

Anyone has a right to stand up for what they believe in, so Kaepernick and others should be able to kneel during the National Anthem. In history, America won the right to be a free country and to earn the unalienable rights of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. What is the point of our founding fathers fighting for our freedom of speech if it is now stripped away. Cutting a player for standing up in what he believes in is wrong.

• Dissent is the highest form of patriotism.

People often love to misrepresent their actions as being about the military (I think personally that the military shouldn't fund the NFL to begin with.), however according to them; the kneel for the communities of black Americans who have been unjustly shot or discriminated against in America and therefor they will not stand up for a nation that allows this. Con could take a lesson and learn that "I disagree with what your saying, but I will die for the right to say it." however likely con cares less about the principles of freedom of expression and more for their side having fanatic nationalism thus they are Un-American by trying to be Pro-American. Perhaps if you disagree with what they are saying, you could put your voice in the public instead of trying to silence them for speaking about their cause.

• Well they tried other peaceful protests...

I mean why not take a knee? "It's disrespectful" Know what is really disrespectful? Them singing a racist song! Yeah they fixed the song but why even use a song a racist man made. Heck while we are worrying about respecting our vets we should also worry about why he is kneeing. He isn't taking a knee against the vets. It is against our racist country.

• Yes they should be allowed to kneel and protest peacefully without violating the law.

However, a person's right to free speech only guarantee's there will be no legal action taken against them. They are at liberty to make a fool of themselves. But, I am also at liberty to criticise their behavior and not watch their football show. Owners of football teams will be offering lower pricing on tickets and consequently paying protesting players less money as a result.

• I neal at the cross not to the flag!

I neal at the cross not to the flag! I do not by any means support the foot ball players nealing during the National Anthem. I is a disrespect to the Veterans how fought for your freedom to play football for a living. SO RESPECT THAT! And do act like stuck up I can do what I want to kind of person only because your famous!!

• It's extremely disrespectful

This does nothing except show the world that you do not respect those that fought for your rights to express your feelings. Real heroes don't have names on the backs of their jerseys. They have their countries flags on the arm of their uniform. This is Home of the Free, because of the brave. Not because of overpaid athletes who would be respected so much more if they actually weren't hypocritical to what they were actually protesting!

• Kneeling during the anthem is disrespectful to our country

Protesting has always been a very big part of the United States, and it's one of the guaranteed rights in the First Amendment. Even through these NFL players are peacefully protesting, it is disrespectful to those who have served our country. The anthem is a song about our culture, and those who have served/died for us. To kneel during the anthem would be basically saying "fuck you" to soldiers. These are people who need to set an example for those who look up to them. If their object is to get the attention of people, why don't just make a gesture or say something after making a touchdown or after/before a quarter? Your not disrespecting anyone by doing that,

• AMERICAN football players not standing?

America isn’t a land where you can just kneel to one aspect of government, no, it is a land if you kneel then you disgrace the entirety of America. There is a time and place for everything and at a national football game is neither the time nor the place for it. Also, using the defense of at least their not protesting violently wont worl either because they have that moral obligation to act in accordance with American law. This nation has sent millions of people to die so that the liberty to even kneel at a game is allowed, i would take care to remember that.

• Impossible? I don't know, but it isn't normal for your knee to be loud.

I'm not sure exactly how someone could be that loud by bending their knee. I think no one could be so loud that it could be heard at a football game. Honestly, if they can make that much noise, I don't think they should be allowed to, because it would probably be able to cause some sort of permanent hearing damage to bystanders.

• Be respectful of others

People in the military fight for you everyday. Some people in the NFL, or others, don't understand that they risk their lives for you. People are not stopping others, but I still think it is so disrespectful for people to kneel. The fact that NFL players have known they will be given a great life because of their abilities makes me so sick knowing they are ungrateful. Most of these men have known they will be given a great life when they were young and take this for granted. You can kneel at the cross, but most definitely not our flag that let's you have the freedom you have today.

• Respect those who died for us/

Why do we stand for the anthem?? As a sign of respect.... So wouldn't kneeling (or the opposite of standing) mean the opposite thing? Yes, it is "your right", but that doesn't mean it is right...Not to mention what they're protesting (police brutality) really doesn't exist (no, police are NOT KILLING YOU BECAUSE YOU"RE A MINIORITY.....) and it's very counterintuitive..... Notice how many debates come up due to this is, and how much divide it his created.... In the short 16 months since it started

• Respect those who died for us/