Should People be aloud to take a knee during the National Anthem?

• It's a legal form of peaceful protest

The 1st amendment gives Kaepernick and other players the right to kneel. U.S. veterans even signed a letter encouraging them to exercise their freedom of speech by doing so. Former president Barack Obama said Kaepernick was simply exercising his constitutional right to make a statement. So obviously, America, the police, and Veterans know than these brave players aren't trying to offend them.

• They have the right to

People seem to forget that the Bill of Rights allows people to peacefully protest their government in the form of freedom of expression. As long as they aren't physically harming people as protest, they aren't breaking any laws. The people that say that they are disrespecting the troops by kneeling forget that the troops are the very reason that people are allowed to protest. In other countries, kneeling for the anthem would probably get you thrown in jail or worse, so I'm glad that people here can protest like that without that kind of risk.

• I Don't Find It To Be Productive But They Have The Right To Do So

It's freedom of expression, but I think people who kneel for the national anthem could be protesting in more productive ways. Obviously it's created a lot of awareness around the issue of Black Lives Matter, but the issue already has enough awareness, it needs action. Those who kneel for the national anthem should try and use their influence to lobby the government, so they can get police departments to change their ways. Or something like that.

• Freedom of Expression!

If people feel as though they want to kneel during the National Anthem they should be allowed to. Some people may feel as though the country does not equally represent them and standing and respecting a flag that does not equally represent you is just pointless. Also taking away this right would be unconstitutional because the first amendment states that people are allowed to have freedom of expression and by kneeling to the flag it expresses that they do not have equal representation.

• Yes, In this great country.

This is the beauty of America, opinions are not shrouded by differing opinions. I agree that people should be allowed to kneel. If we criminalize kneeling, then we start to become more like North Korea, where differing opinions could get you thrown in jail or executed, this is exactly what America was founded against hence why it's our FIRST amendment. HOWEVER, I DO NOT AGREE WITH KNEELING TO THE FLAG. It is disrespectful, disgusting, and they are ungrateful for what they have. They do not realize how nice it is to live in the United States.

In short, People are allowed to kneel, but I disagree with the action.

• It's their choice

The 1st amendment protects their right to peacefully protest. None of those people who are kneeling "hate the troops" or the America itself. What's more American than exercising your rights? If they didn't care about America, they wouldn't even be protesting in the first place. Whether you agree with them or not, they clearly care about America and want to see it change for the better.

• Aren’t veterans and policemen the whole reason why we got our first amendment rights?

I’ll be brief here. NFL players claim that the First Amendment blindly gives them the right to protest out on the field. They’re getting paid more than millions for doing this, Too! They are protesting against the 0. 0001% of our police force, While the other percentage fought for our individual rights and died as a result. And now NFL players are spitting in their graves. Horrible.

• You’re changing the whole point

Originally, This started when Colin Kaepernick took a knee to protest the racial inequality and police brutality. Then, Conservatives saw this and switched the meaning and said he was protesting the troops. The fact that they try to ignore a serious situation by switching the meaning to something irrelevant to the cause is baffling.

• The First Amendment supports kneeling

It's a legal form of peaceful protest - The 1st amendment gives Kaepernick and other players the right to kneel. However, the NFL is a private organization, and they do have the right to order their employees to stand during the national anthem. That said - I do not agree with this rule the NFL has for its employees.

• First Amendment Rights matter.

If teenage students like me can walk out of school to protest guns and violence, than NFL athletes can kneel down, stay off the field, or protest the anthem - in any way. Besides, America is getting worse and worse under Donald Trump. Everyone is entitled to their beliefs, so these conservatives and right-wingers should give it a rest.

FIRST. AMENDMENT. RIGHTS. MATTER!

• I neal at the cross not to the flag!

I neal at the cross not to the flag! I do not by any means support the foot ball players nealing during the National Anthem. I is a disrespect to the Veterans how fought for your freedom to play football for a living. SO RESPECT THAT! And do act like stuck up I can do what I want to kind of person only because your famous!!

• It's extremely disrespectful

This does nothing except show the world that you do not respect those that fought for your rights to express your feelings. Real heroes don't have names on the backs of their jerseys. They have their countries flags on the arm of their uniform. This is Home of the Free, because of the brave. Not because of overpaid athletes who would be respected so much more if they actually weren't hypocritical to what they were actually protesting!

• Respect those who died for us/

Why do we stand for the anthem?? As a sign of respect.... So wouldn't kneeling (or the opposite of standing) mean the opposite thing? Yes, it is "your right", but that doesn't mean it is right...Not to mention what they're protesting (police brutality) really doesn't exist (no, police are NOT KILLING YOU BECAUSE YOU"RE A MINIORITY.....) and it's very counterintuitive..... Notice how many debates come up due to this is, and how much divide it his created.... In the short 16 months since it started

• Respect those who died for us/

• It's a right but not right

Clemson University football coach Dabo Swinney said in a press conference: "I don't think it's good to be a distraction to your team. I don't think it's good to use your team as the platform. " President Obama expressed concern that not standing for the national anthem can get in the way of the message: "As a general matter, When it comes to the flag the national anthem and the meaning that holds for our men and women in uniform and those who've fought for us -- that is a tough thing for them to get past to then hear what his [Kaepernick's] deeper concerns are. " Malcolm Jenkins, Safety for the Philadelphia Eagles, Supported Kaepernick's message but said, "My grandfather served [in the military]. And this is a country that I love. So, Me not standing for the national anthem isn't really going to get me the results that I want. "

• Not standing for the national anthem is an ineffective and counterproductive way to promote a cause.

• All About Respect

Those who look at the flag, Place their hand over their heart and KNEEL, And in total disrespect to the flag, The country, And those who fought for it. It is not the time or place for "peaceful protest", Yet it cannot be called that, Because it has sent the country into an uproar. Veterans Need Their Respect!

• The flag represents the people who have died for our country, Not the police.

The flag has never represented the current state of the US and it never will. It represents the people that died for our country and it always will. I don't agree with what the United States is sometimes and what the people do inside of it but at least i have the common decency to stand and respect the people who have died for the greatest country to ever exist. Saying its just a flag is like saying the N-word is just a word and a human being is just a ball of flesh. People take to attacking something we hold with respect in this country to get attention and it honestly works. I think kneeling is not the right way to go about it is all Im saying and i find it disgusting that people stick up for someone just because they're being criticized.

• Freedom to? Yes. Should they? Definitely no

Our National Anthem is one of the most important symbols of our nations history, And honors those who gave their lives for us to have all the amazing freedoms we have today. I am not saying there should be laws in place to prevent this, Because this is included in freedom of speech, But I certainly believe that this is a horrible thing to do and completely dishonors those who have fought for our country. . . By doing this you are essentially spitting on our nations freedom and you are basically saying you don't give a crap about the soldiers who risked their lives and lost their lives for what we are blessed with today. Go protest somewhere else.