• Should people be fined for not recycling.

People don't care most of the time about what the put stuff in like how sometimes people put trash in the recycling and recycling in the trash and other times people just throe it any were and it starts to effect the environment.And if you effect the environment the air gets nasty,it's all cloudy and so forth.

• We need to start recycling!

I mean sure we're worried about our financial issues, but we're talking about our world here! Earth is our only home to live in so we should take great care with it. The pollution these days are getting dangerous such as oil spills. Even animals are getting extinct! It's okay to be fined as long as it's on a reasonable price.

• Banter@@@@@@@@ HELLO HELLO

YOLO looollllooollo HA A H AGH A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A AAA A A A A A A AA AA A A A A A A A A

• Yes yes yes!

WE ALL NEED TO RECYCLE! It helps our environment massively and if we throw anything away and do not recycle it then we won't get anything back. Recycling should be done by everyone on this planet! Fines should be implemented this will make SO many more people recycle! SAY YES!!

• Yes, recycling is important.

I would like to live till my next b-day and i hurts the Earth making it all horrible and unloved. Plus it's cruel to the garbage collectors working there hearts out for minimum wage! If people use a service in an unintended way, they should be stopped from doing so. It is not your free right to ask someone else to pick up a bin with whatever you want inside.

• Yes, recycling is important.

• We should recycle to protect our nature

In many places re-cyclying costs money and that is right.If we will not recycle we will be promoting garbage.We can think of a place where we dont have to worry about garbage .We dont care and throw the stuff on roads ..This is wrong we should recycle . So recycle......

• Recycling is incredibly important!

By not recycling, there could, in a long time off, be a lack of certain materials than are not able to multiply (such as metal or oil). This will be taken from the source rather than the things that could have been recycled.
    I'm not saying that people should be fined (unless that is what it comes to), but something needs to be done about this problem.

• Taxpayers pay for garbage collection! It's not a question of freedom.

Why should we pay for environmentally irresponsible people who are unwilling to do the very simple task of placing certain items in a different bin? If people use a service in an unintended way, they should be stopped from doing so. It is not your free right to ask someone else to pick up a bin with whatever you want inside. If it is OK to put a piece of paper in the trash can what about a bomb? If the government should pick up one, why shouldn't they pick up the other?

• Recycling is for the environment

Recycling stops making more things. We can use the things that we already have. And if we do, the trash will disappear and many animals and plants will not die. And by it, us humans will have more meat and fresh air. The life cycle will be reduced and we will see the best environment.

• That is impractical

How would we even monitor "recycling"? Would you have to recycle a certain amount, and how big would the fines be? I am all for recycling, but enforcing it with a fine seems like it is more trouble than it is worth. Why not just educate people more about recycling and its positive effects?

• How would we know who recycles and who doesn't?

Well, some people recycle and some do not. How will the people who should fine whoever does not recycle know who recycles and who doesn't? Let's say we find a way. Wouldn't it cost much more to examine every person's garbage than all of the money the country or city would get by fining their citizens?

• Why should we be fined?

Recycling Actually Pollutes Sure recycling helps the environment a bit, but there is also reduce, and reuse. The recycling factory actually lets out smog when it melts the glass, and plastic. Recycling is also a expensive procedure. Besides, you should be encouraged to create less waste, and reuse it, rather than recycling it.

• Why should we?

Recycling is a very good thing and I believe it is good in our society, but doesn't this go against our ideals? America allows for freedom, and doesn't this go against that? Look at ObamaCare and its popularity. This is very similar and will most likely be ABSOLUTELY hated by the society. It's our right to chose, why impose against that?

• Poverty...Think about it.

People who suffer from poverty will take a big hit if they recieve a fine. They pay for it, they get dragged down more. What is more important, fining people for not recycling simply because they don't have the time to or are helping others or feeding hungry children who seriously are famished so much they scavenge from trash left behind by people who forgot to recycle.

• I thought this was a free country!!!!!!!!!

If you don't want to recycle, then they don't recycle. Sometimes, people forget that there is a recycling bin or sometimes there IS NO recycling bin. Recycling is a good thing but sometimes things happen. Sp people just have to deal with the fact that recycling is not the all and the be all!

• Paying redemption value (tax?)

If I'm going to be charged a so called 'deposit' (aka redemption value), it seems that the product is now mine and I can do with it as I please? Remove this tax from all of my recyclables and I'll get on board. Fines on top of taxes... Just what the US needs more of.

• If they don't want to, they don't have to.

Fining some one for not recycling, is like fining some one who doesn't believe in God. It is there own decision if they want to save the Earth or sit back and watch others save the Earth. Besides, if you REALLY want to recycle and don't like people not recycling, dig in their trash and get it...... If you REALLY feel that way.

• Not Because I Don't Like Recycling

I'm not voting against because I think I shouldn't have to recycle, I'm voting against this because it barely helps to recycle. I heard that recycle bins are just taken to more landfills, where only recyclables go. Now, if recyclables did go to proper locations, then i would say that, yes, we should have to. But since it barely helps at all, i say no.

• Save the Earth!

The Earth only has so many trees and resources. If people get fined to recycle, then less people will do it. I mean, if you work for the recycling plant, then of course you won't want it to be free! But is your paycheck really worth it? Our time on Earth is so short so we should try our best to leave as much like we found it as possible.