Should people be required to serve in the military?

• They should serve

I think so because my english class has a debate for this argument and im on ghe side that says yes that they should serve in the military, but instead of atleast one year, it has two years in the military you have to serve if you are an eligible citizen, but they point of this message has nothing to do with the argument

• I believe people should be required to join the military.

I believe people should because it will help your country. It will get more people to fight in war. More people in the military. Actually knowing what the military goes through. And more civilian would be train to be better people and have better manners to help other and or themselves

• This is your country and you know how to protect it!

Yes, people should be required to join the military for at least one year when they are of age. If you are citizen of this country, then it is your duty to defend it when necessary. Many people believe that freedom is actually free and they take advantage that they are not required to do anything but live their lives while those that join the military may or may not return home. Giving everyone the experience of severing would give them appreciation for the government.

• Its should be your choice

You need ti be able to find your own job in the future, you should not be forced to join the military. Some of the reasons why is you could die that should be able to relise what could happen. So not you should not be forced to join the military.

• The Dangers of Servitude

Although you are not required to go over seas and fight in war when serving, you are required to spend time away from your family and do strenuous activity. Some people aren't ready to be away from their families nor do they have the physical competence to serve, Military servitude can be exciting but deadly and I personally wouldn't be ready to make that decision to risk my life for my country.

• We have rights to choose what we want

If your not strong, you shouldn't be required to join the military or go to war. If your forced to go to war if your not strong, you might as well commit suicide. Your pretty much getting yourself killed. Do you want to be that country who forces scrawny, older teens to go out there and get killed? No!!!

• I understand what the person saying yes is saying

But the military isn't for everyone. Not everyone is cut out to face the horrors of war. But I believe anyone who loves our country would support our military. That I do know. But as far as making others serve in war, there's a few problems. There's that not everyone is cut out for that, and not all wars are just. I would refuse to serve my country if we're in an unjust war.

• No forced draft

I myself come from a proud military family and appreciate the sacrifices men and women make. However, joining the military should be a choice not a requirement. I think those that chose to serve, serve better than those who are forced and tend to embody more of what being in the armed forces is really about/