• Showing Government issued ID should not be required to vote.

Showing Government issued ID should not be required to vote. I believe there are still a lot of people that do not have ID in this country, many can not afford it. Requiring it to vote just seems like a way to limit the voting process to certain individuals. Give people the right to vote in this country and feel like a part of this society.

• No, as state IDs are not required in any other cases.

Identification cards are not required in my state of Ohio. I can get a job, open a bank account, and handle all manner of business without needing an ID card. They are not free to obtain; one must pay a fee which restricts some people to getting them. Forcing a person to have ID to vote dampens the process. Voting should be allowed to all individuals without felonies over the age of 18. By introducting new requirements, our constituition is trampled upon. It is especially unfair to require people to pay for something that allows them to vote.