Should people be required to take showers daily?

Asked by: TheBreadBasket
  • Yes of cause

PEOPLE SHOULD TAKE A SHOWER EVERY DAY BECAUSE EVERYONE BODY IS FULL OF ACROBATICS AND IF WE DON,T WATCH IT OFF IT CAN CAUSE OF filthy, dirty, disease ridden, Bacteria breeding, bothersome, stinky trolls!AND YOU MAY DIE IF THE BACTERIA IN YOUR BODY IS TOO STRONG FOR YOU TO BE ABLE TO SURVI

• Yes of cause

• Yes of cause

• You people are filthy

I need to go and take a shower after reading this opinion response. Are you all too busy arguing that you can't clean yourselves?

Oh I need to go take a shower myself after reading these responses from you flea ridden, filthy, dirty, disease ridden, Bactria breeding, bothersome, stinky trolls!

I'll bring lysol next time so I can spray each and every one of you!

If you don't shower each day, you keep your crushes away

Shower, Gives you the Power, to smell like a Flower

• It is required to do it especially as you get older

Most people feel that you should shower frequently as possible for this will ensure that you are cleaner. In addition to help cleaning the body, showering can be a soothing process as it will wash away your troubles and cares. Although it is important to shower regularly to maintain good personal hygiene, there is such a thing as showering too much and this can affect your skin’s health. It is important to find a good balance that will keep your skin clean but will allow it to remain healthy.Bathing on a regular basis is very important for several reasons. It can help prevent disease and will also promote good hygiene.

• Ever been to a drought-hit region?

OK, I admit, I haven't either, but I've read there are regions where water is so lacking that this is not possible. I come from a region where, fortunately, our government is rich enough to buy water from our neighbouring province, no matter how ridiculously pricey the water is, but I know drought has occurred before, during my father's childhood. When you are in a region short of water, daily showers are a luxury. In Dalian, for example, people can only shower once a week because water is so scarce and expensive there.

• How would you do enforce it?

Really how would you? Tell someone to go home because they didn't shower? And would you make police smell people to decide whether or not they took a shower? But how would you make sure people took a quality shower? Have an officer watch? "Excuse me, sir, you need to wash your feet. Do a better job on those armpits!" I think this would be really hard to enforce.

Posted by: Rami
  • Its not needed

Taking a shower daily is not required, and I belive that it is not really needed. A shower mabey 3 days a week is good enough. Taking everyday is just a chore, and yes, your getting clean from all your hard work in a day, but are you really that stinkin dirty to have to take one, two, or even four a day?

• Not required, but strongly suggested

No one should be required to take a shower. But a better question is, "should it be socially acceptable to shame stinky, unbathed, people. YES, YES IT SHOULD.
    I take a shower everyday, sometimes several times a day. I just could not imagine showering less, unless I lived in an artic region and never perspired.

• Ok fast fact

Water being wasted and also it won't kill you no to take a bath for 3 or 4 days.
    (only people with ocd of keeping everything clean would say yes)
    bye people and stay cool
    and never leave the tap on when you brush your teeth because again it wastes water byeeeee!

• No, not every day.

There is such a thing as being TOO CLEAN. This can cause diseases and viruses to infiltrate your body much easier. Sometimes showering every day when you aren't dirty enough washes away all the GOOD bacteria along with the BAD. This is very bad, as it can lead to a more fragile immune system.

• Not having a shower isn't gross.

Ok firstly, if you don't have a shower every day IT DOESN'T MAKE YOU SMELLY/STINKY/GROSS!!!! Also, it wastes water. Why do we take showers mostly EVERY DAY? I don't know. Do you? Just because we three times every week or something, no one can tell the difference. Can they? Save the world and don't waste water!! :D

• Not Everyone Needs It...

Not everyone needs daily showers. Not everyone's bodily odor is the same, and people should be free to take care of that themselves, anyway. I mean, seriously? Policing people over bodily odor? We can't control people that much; nobody can. If people stink a lot- well, somebody's probably going to tell them that they stink, and if they are bothered by people telling them they smell gross (which most people are), they'll do something about it without being 'required to take daily showers'. Promise.

• No They Should Not

I disagree that people should take showers daily because first, it is bad for your body because it causes you to produce too much oil and second, people should have the freedom to do whatever they want. Also if people are allergic to water the can't shower, and yes there is a such thing as being allergic to water.

Posted by: DRL