Should people be required to wear mandatory bicycle helmets?

• Helmets save lives!

KIds can die from not wearing a helmet. Factors including bad weather, car crashes, and even just falling down can all be bad without a helmet! Reflective strips are also needed, because if you ride in the night without a reflective helmet, a driver may not see you and crash. If you are getting a helmet, get one approved by the American National Standards institute. Also get the proper fit.

• Yes you should

Gdfjkdfhj hclksdhfkj sdahfkljhdsf kdskshd hdh dhhd hh hh hh hh hh hjhskhk hfkjhdkjhduh jdhlkdfh kjdhfkjdhf jdkfhlkasjdfh hjkhflkjdhf hjkhdfkj jdkhdkh dhjjdkhf hhf f f f f f f f f f f f ff f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f

• Yes yes yes!!!!

So what if you look silly it keeps you safe. If your riding your bike on a sidewalk and fall a helmet could save your head and keep you safe. Overall would you rather be safe or risk getting hurt? I don't know about you but I would rather be safe.

• Yes Yes YES

I believe they should wear a helmet nobody is going make fun of you
    it saves you,it will help you so that when you get in an accident you wont be in that much damage.So that's why helmets are important to our own body.The mind depends on it very much.

• Why not help prevent head trauma?

We have had the law in Australia for over 30 years. I can see no reason to NOT have mandatory helmets. They are part of life and save serious injuries or possible death. Its no big deal, just wear a helmet!!! We think nothing of it. . . . .

• Yes, fine it if they don't

It's really not worth risking a serious and permanent injury because you don't want to look a little silly riding your bike. This isn't the kind of thing you can lock somebody up for, but a small fine to let them know that this is a serious manner would keep helmets on.

• No they should not were helmets

People can were helmets if they want but they do not need to........I think they should not beacuse people who have skill will not need to were a helmet inless they are wimps...Most skilled people will not were a helmet but it is there choice...I also think helmets will only save old kids by 5%

• Yes Yes YES

• Not Everywhere All The Time

I believe people should have the right to chose rather or not they want to wear bicycle helmets when it comes to public parks, sidewalks, riding paths. I believe bicyclists who chose to use public roads and streets should be required to wear helmets because when they are on the street the are much more likely to have an accident with a vehicle.