• Yes, but the question is flawed.

Should people bear arms? Yes if they desire and are not under disability. The question should be "Should people have the right to bear arms?" and that answer, per the Supreme Court of the United States is YES. However persons with prior convictions, mental impairment, drug or other substance abuse issues should be limited. But a US Citizen in good standing who is armed is only a threat to those who wish evil.

• Guns can protect us

Let me set up a scenario and it's been used a thousand times I'm sure. However, what if one of the people just one had a gun when the terrorist at San Bernadino, CA shot the fourteen people and injured several more. He/she might have been able to stop some of the people from being shot.
    Suppose one of the teachers at some of these schools were armed with guns and could have saved your child's life?
    One more paramount reason is it is our right to bare arms in the uNited States of America. The second Amendment "A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

• Guns can protect us

• That would be nice, because

Well as my title states, it actually could be nice because, if they are sane a person then wouldn't draw a gun on a person who already has a gun. Either that or you could get into a really nasty gun fight. So what i' am really saying is yes, but to a degree, yes their should be restrictions, because we Don't want chaos to break out, but yes we want to be able to be self-protected, perhaps we could use something else instead of bullets something that just discourages it, because other-wise we just might end up with a lot of killings in the more unstable parts of the country. Tough topic, because you'd need to find the right balance

• Guns can be very benefical

Guns while always portrayed as a bad thing in the media are not bad at all. Many gun owners own them for home protection. If someone breaks into my house I like to know there is a gun somewhere loaded and ready near me. Other gun users use their weapons as a way to relieve stress and enjoy themselves in their free time. I believe everyone over the legal age should own a gun.

• Bear arms for what?

If youre going to overthrow the govt, or launch a war against the corporations, then guns would be great, but if you are hanging around your house with a gun, waiting for a burglar to intrude, then that is just stupid. You think that the threat to you is some teenager from the ghetto? Wrong. Your biggest threat wears a 3 piece suit, and probably drives a bmw. They play by the rules, because they rig the rules