Should people caught drunk driving lose their license for a year?

• Don't do it

People will get killed and they will not come back. They should also go to jail because it is not cool the be drunk and drive. They will damage and kill things. They can not only endanger themselves but they will also endanger other people, including you. Don't drive drunk.

• Don't do it

• Don't do it

• It's not cool

Sometimes when you drunk drive your impressing your freind but it isn't cool. Teenagers like to disobey rules every now and then/impress their friends and I respect that and all, but it's not cool and in a mater of fact,it's plain stupid. At least to me. So I say take away their lisence for a year and see if I care.BUT I would take it away until they stop altogether. ITS NOT COOL!!!!!!!! So it's not my problem.And it should not be yours either.

• Of course Yes

Drunk drivers should be punished because they could have endangered the lives of others or themselves. The time without their licenses will teach them that it is bad. Also the year off will be better than jail so they will be thankful for that. Jail is a bad place and they will like that they won't be going there.

• Yes and no

Yes because it gives them time to get sober and think what they have done and no because they need 32 to 3 years that will give them more time to think and it will probably depend on how dunk they are and the person who did it but this is just my opinion

• Yes, I agree.

I agree with this. I'm in 7th grade and I'm doing a persuasive Essay on it so I'm looking for some evidence. I think that it should be longer time span depending on how bad the accident is. It may not even be drunk driving, it could be wrecklessy driving for non good reason.

• Yes, I agree.

• I say yes

If that person did not get punish they would do it again and hurt somebody. And they could kill somebody.Also do you want to go to jail? I don't. JAIL IS NOT GOOD PEOPLE.So if you drink and drive you need to stop you will kill somebody and you will feel guilty

• I say yes

• Yes and no

1 year? How about at least 3+. A year won't teach them, they will need more time to legitimately think about what they (could have) done. However, if circumstances were reasonable enough, they can get their car back a little bit earlier, maybe 1.5. But still, 1 yeah will just let them think "Hey, year's up what to do now? Eh, YOLO I'ma drunk drive again anyway." For those who say they should not be punished because they may want to forget something, i'm like -.-. If you want to drink and forget something, thats fine with me. However, if you take to the road with it, its a new story.

• NO, this is a terrible idea

Many people make mistake's in life and some should be punished but some should not. Something really sad could've happened to the person they're just trying to forget. Who wants to be the person who is going to drive them everywhere? Yes, its a terrible mistake but it always should be forgiven.

• A lot of people drink.

Lot's of people drink and a year is too long just have it to where first time caught one week, seccond time caught three weeks, thidr time caught two months....... And so on but not a whole year. Just think maybe that person was trying to get over the death of someone they loved or something.

• All the same

I think they should lose there license. But no matter what there gonna drive. I actually should lose their car also for a year. Then that would teach them not to drink and drive. It might sounds harsh but that's what I think. We don't need more dead people. You guys feel me or nah

• This is not enough.

By just letting someone go after one year, they can find many other ways to go and get a ride or something. After one year, they may just think it was no big deal and think that this was all really easy to get through. They might try again just because it was not a punishment to them.

• Don't do it

• Why ruin someone's life just because they made a mistake

People want first time offenders, and previous offenders of drunk driving to lose their license, whether it’s a permanent or temporary suspension. More than 40% of all accidents occur when someone is under the influence of alcohol. Some believe that if people who get arrested for drunk driving get their license permanently the roads would be safer and fewer people will drive drunk. Is this really the case though? Ruin someone's life? They could lose their jobs which they need to support themselves and their families. If they can't do that their life is over. Is that really something you want? That they need.. No

• Yes, I agree.

• Nope im still dope

And no u all now they will get there hands on a car they will no care like heck i dont care what they would do if they take my care ill just go find my brothers care or they will steal i was like that but now im clean and i dont care about those cops out there they dont DO ANY THING PEOPLE im first natoin my little brothers need help were were they huh no were

• Not For the First Offense

Losing a driver's license only punishes someone for having the disease of addiction. We should show more understanding and as a society, help sick people get the medical care they need in order to stop drinking. MADD has had two former Chapter Presidents arrested for drunk driving and one was a Deputy Police Chief. MADD is responsible for the harshness of our judicial process and our abhorrent attitude towards those suffering from addiction. If MADD Presidents can't stay sober, how is the average alcoholic supposed to stay sober?