• It depends on the drug and how often and even for the same drug sometimes they should, often they shouldn't

Marijuana shows some health benefits so occasional use of that is probably a good thing.

Caffeine can help you study or work. Too much can make you a caffeine addict so don't go overboard with it.

Red wine has antioxidant properties that will help you age slower and live longer.

Psychedelics and some dissociatives have shown huge effects on depression, OCD, anxiety,... In some studies often with effectiveness faster and greater and more lasting than prescriptions commonly used for such purposes.

As to the really addictive things like methamphetamine, cocaine, heroin, nicotine I can understand some dabbling particularly if you're curious about the effects.

Everyone has to make their own decisions. If you want to try a drug I suggest reading about it first, know the risks before you use.

Don't do too much too often and if you find yourself chronically using a drug, can't quit because it just feels too good, and it's ruining your relationships, job, etc... Get help.

I used to smoke cigarettes all the time. But I don't anymore. I decided that the long-term health effects weren't worth it.

• It's entirely up to the user

I believe drug usage and smoking is up to the person preference. I do believe that they are dangerous and could lead to crime, but there are many people who use drugs and never do anything illegal except for possession of drugs. I personally have used drugs in the past and was fine. I didn't commit a crime. I monitored my usage and never overdosed. Drugs are not as bad as everyone makes it out to be.

• People dictate their own lives

Although I don't smoke or do drugs nor condone it, if someone wants to waste their life using drugs that is their choice. I honestly think we should tax drugs so it takes all that money out of the Cartels hands and into our economy where it can be used to create more jobs and ease overcrowding in the prison system.

• Yes, they should be permitted to do as they please.

This is a very vague question. You have things like smoking that are horribly addictive and unhealthy. Then you have things like Cannabis that are not as addicting, or really dangerous, but cause mind "impairments". Should the government protect us from ourselves? I don't think so. I guess that is not the question, but furthermore, from a health standpoint no one should do drugs or smoke, but from a freedom oriented perspective, I believe that it actually has the ability to improve peoples lives, if not all that obvious to an outside viewer.

• No, people should not do drugs or smoke

These two should not have been grouped together, but, drugs are illegal and people shouldn't do them. Smoking is bad for you. It can cause a stroke, heart attack or cancer. It also can cause cancer to those whom don't smoke. I understand people have the right to do as they please, but when it effects others, there has to be a stop to

• No, they shouldn't

These things are harmful to the human body. Just about all of us will experiment with them at one point or another, but that doesn't mean extensive use is a good idea. There is some level of freedom to them that makes the appeal understandable, but it's not an advised activity.

• No, but they will.

With regard to drugs, it depends upon the type of drug, its quality, where it is taken, and why it is taken. It is not wise to take harsh drugs recreationally all the time. Smoking pretty much never gives any benefit and does cause disease and premature aging, so that is an addiction that needs to be broken.

• People should not do drugs or smoke.

Doing drugs and smoking is bad for people's health and these habits should be avoided. Furthermore, doing drugs is illegal and it if peple get caught, they could get in legal trouble. Also, the use of needle drugs can spread diseases such as HIV or Hepatitis. Drugs are not a good habit to start.

• No Smoking or Drug Use

In a right world, we wouldn't smoke or do drugs, but that's not necessarily the case today. People shouldn't do either of these things because they're bad for their health. Of course, people tend to show a blatant disregard for their own health in this day and age, so that's to be expected.

• No, people should not do drugs or smoke.

These two should not have been grouped together, but, drugs are illegal and people shouldn't do them. Smoking is bad for you. It can cause a stroke, heart attack or cancer. It also can cause cancer to those whom don't smoke. I understand people have the right to do as they please, but when it effects others, there has to be a stop to it.

• No one should be forced to do something.

If a person doesn't want to take a certain drug or smoke something that wouldn't benefit them in anyway, then why should they be forced to do so? I don't believe anyone should be forced to take a drug that isn't for any mental or physical disorders one might have. Of course, if someone wants to smoke or "do drugs", they can go ahead. Just don't force them to do something they don't want to do.