• Yes people need to eat meat

If, considering the possibility that this does happen, we all stop eating meat, then the livestock population would rise and we would be battling the said livestock for control of the vegetables and fruit. This would lead to an all out war, which we would eventually lose. Then the livestock would rain supreme and we would be tiny, skinny little people under their mighty feet. The livestock that we had stopped eating would start eating us and we would have the same conundrum all over again. So, we owe it to the human race to continue eating yummy beef and delicious chicken and juicy pork just to prevent an oncoming apocalypse. Remember, animals hold grudges. Don't let other peoples ignorance blind you from that fact.

• Yes, if they want to.

Not to argue that vegetarianism is problematic, if one so chooses, but eating meat is entirely legitimate. Animal life does not share the same value as human life, though cruelty to animals is of course morally wrong and betrays much about a person's character. Animals which are raised for food should be treated humanely. But eating meat is acceptable and specifically permitted by God. Also, meat provides some types of protein which are necessary for good health and are challenging (though not impossible) to obtain otherwise.

• Yes, people should eat meat

Yes, people should eat meat because in a diet that contains meat, it can be very healthy to a person. In a way, nature has provided humanity to be able to eat different organisms, and be able to extract nutrients from them. Also, eating plants are similar to eating animals because they also are organisms that have lives.

• It's a good source of iron.

Meat has a better source of iron than vegetables. If we all became vegetarian, then eventually there would be no plants left and then what would we do? The meat industry would also start to decline as the workers lose their job because there is not enough work for them.

• YES, People Need Meat

People should eat meat because meat provides a lot of good animal protein that human bodies need to function and thrive. Plant protein is good, but i believe meat protein is better. Many people are vegetarians for animal rights reason, but many others simply believe meat is too fattening to eat. This is not true. They are many varieties of lean meat.

• It would be double standard

The only way we can stop eating meat is to adopt a complete plant diet. But the thing many people forget is that plants are living beings as well!!
    Plants feel pain as well. So it would be a double standard to stop eating meat on the basis of 'killing a living thing' but continue to eat plants, Or of course, the other choice is starvation and extinction.

• Eating meat is fine.

Look, We grew up being meat-eaters, We kill cows and pigs so we can eat their remains, That is true. Eating plants is sort-of... When you eat it you don't exactly get the best-of nutrients from it.

Our ancestors also got smart by eating meat. Nutrients, animals, cows have something called 'fermenting vats', A place in their stomach where microbes attack the food to digest it ,Whereas. Humans do not have these 'fermenting vats'

Our digestive system is designed to make use of the nutrients that are found in animals. Truth's that we're omnivores, We can eat plants and animals. Meat contains the stuff we need and to function. It's also proven that, Avoid eating meat and you'll be healthier. We do need meat to operate. Properly.

The food chain is a good example how eating meat is the way of the world.

• Eating meat is wrong

There is no way to morally justify eating meat, but were not selfless people. We need to have the intellectual humility to admit to that... Some are, and we should respect them, if you eat meat, you are a lazy person but that is socially acceptable. So well yes, it is ok to meat meat but it's not right

• Eating meat is wrong

• Animals eat other animals

If you want to complain, go complain to the other omnivorous and carnivorous animals/plants too. Eating animals is a way of this world. If other plants/animals eat meat, why can't we. Besides, meat contains lots of protein and is good for you. Meat is a part of my life and I can't imagine what it'll be without it.

• No. No cattle should undergo torture.

I actually am not a vegetarian (I eat chicken and pork) but I do not believe in eating cow. Especially in this day and age with factory farming, who knows what is happening to that poor innocent animal. As an American, I also frown upon eating dog, cat, and horse. I mean, those are pets, and horses especially are loving companions.

• It's completely unproductive

In this day in age, there is no need to eat the flesh of animals, unless it is needed for survival. Today's factory farms do nothing but torture defenseless creatures. Whether you view other animals, notice I say other animals as humans are animals as well for those who were unaware or just choose to reject that fact, as less than humans, they should still be treated with respect. Not to mention the terrible things that eating the flesh of animals causes, such as cancer, diabetes ect. Also, the factory farming of animals does tremendous amount of damage to the earth. Ruining soil. Destroying forest. Wasting millions of gallons of water. If we just stopped eating this garbage, no one In this world would go hungry. It takes 15 pounds of grain to produce 1 pound of meat. It's completely unproductive. It makes no sense to grow food to feed food. It's just not necessary. And it's doing so much harm just for people's taste buds. And as people say, " I'm free to eat whatever I want" and yes that's true, you are free to do as you please so long as its not hurting anyone else, but when you pay to have someone torture and slit the throats of millions of animals a day. You are hurting living creatures. If you have no more respect for this earth than that, then I feel very sorry for you.

Posted by: Aus
  • No

If someone came over to my house for dinner and I served them dog meat they would freak out. People love their pets, they acknowledge their value as living creatures with emotions and a will to live. So why is it that cows, pigs, and other farmed animals are deemed acceptable to slaughter in mass for human consumption? Yeah animals aren't as smart as humans, but does that give us the right to eat them? Theres a lot of dumb people out there, can I eat them too?
    Raising animals for slaughter is the number one contributor to green house gas emissions, factory farms waist more food then they produce (in feeding animals so that they grow); and it is common practice in factory farms to cut bits and pieces off living animals without any anesthetic. Sure it tastes good, but is eating meat really worth it? I don't think so.

• The decision to not eat meat is about much, much more than someone's moral opinion on whether it is ethical to slaughter animals.

300,000 whales, porpoises, and dolphins are killed each year in fishing nets, plus an additional 100 million sharks per year. 1/3 of all shark species are nearing extinction. There are only 400 north Atlantic whales left in the world due to lobster farming. Koala bears will be extinct in the next 50 years because their habitat is being destroyed for livestock. In the past few years we over-fished cod populations to near extinction. Their populations will not recover within our lifetime. This is the case for thousands and thousands of species on Earth that you all already know about, like orangutans.

The world's rain forests are home to 50% of all living things on earth and produce 20% of the world's oxygen each year. 91% of the Amazon rain forest and 95% of Brazil's rain forest have been destroyed to raise livestock.

1/2-1/3 of all carbon emission produced each year comes from animal farming. That is more pollution than the entire transportation system: every train, every car, every plane. It is more than the pollution from fossil fuels.

6 million children will starve to death this year because plant food in their area is fed to animals. 1/4 of the grain produced in third-world countries is given to livestock. In 2011 there was a record amount of grain harvested in the world: 2.5 billion tons. Half of that was fed to animals in the meat and dairy industry. 77% of the grain in the world goes to livestock.

45% of the landmass of earth is used in some way to support livestock farming. 78% of land in the US is used for livestock farming, but only 3% of the 90 million cows and 70 million pigs on livestock farms in the US are in open pastures (and they still use 78% of the land agriculture in the US). Only 3% of livestock in the US live in open pastures, which means animals like egg-laying hens live in such crowded conditions (each hen gets less than the size of an I-Pad) that they will never be able to spread their wings during their entire lives, or touch the earth, or see sunlight, or breathe fresh air. The conditions for all animals on factory farms is hellish.

You can produce 15 times more plant protein than animal protein on any area of land. You can produce 30,000 lbs of plant food per acre but only 50 to 480 lbs of meat per acre.

In the last hour alone over 8 million animals were slaughtered, 114,153 tons of grain was fed to livestock while 684 people starved to death, 6,000 acres of tropical rain forest was destroyed and replaced by cattle, and over 4 million tons of greenhouse gases were dumped into the ozone by livestock farms.

• No. Not unless they need it for survival.

In general, eating animals is not an efficient use of natural or human resources. It is far more sustainable to focus on a vegetarian diet, especially in the age of factory farming. Those who adopt a vegetarian diet are on average healthier and have lower rates of cancer and other diseases. Unless your life is threatened and meat is the only food, there is no need to eat it.

• Regarding the food chain

Many meat supporters use the excuse that even if we don't eat the animals, predators will so it's okay for US to eat them. Yeah, no. Despite the fact that animals are eaten by others, you can't teach it NOT to kill nor can you teach it the importance of nutrients, vitamins, calories, proteins, etc. If you take for example a lion, which is carnivore, you can never make it stop killing and eating meat simply because it will not be able to live without it. But us humans - capable of speech, reasoning, research, and many other things - can understand what is good or not to eat thanks to many researches by scientists and such. Not only we can determine the amount nutrients and other things in food and the amount our body needs, but we also have morals. Do you think an animal is capable to learn that? No. Therefore we can't change the food chain, we can't change an animal's diet except human's because we are able to know what's healthy and what's not.

• Eating meat is wrong

I have been meat & dairy free for a month and I feel awesome. Meat and dairy drags you down. I feel that animals can't make decisions on what they eat, but we can.. We know that animals feel pain, yet we kill them for our eating needs. Chickens and cows are treated awful and I could never eat another meat product again, knowing what farmers do. If we all switched to a plant based diet it would be a much better world.

• We don't need meat to survive

I am only 14 years old and want to be a vegan. I always thought having a vegan diet was useless because I thought that cows produce milk naturally. After having to a school talk I chose a vegan diet cuz I had no idea why people did it. Then I realised that the cows produce milk for their calf and they are taken away from their mum at 1 year old and they are given things like dead chickens for supplements. This just hurts the mother and calf and the chickens that were unnecessarily killed. I'm sick of everyone eating meat and I want everyone to stop. I have only recently been aware of what they do in slaughterhouses when I started watching videos of it and reading more and more and those people omg they annoy me so much an animal has a life they have feelings they get scared and have emotions too. And one of my friends said so you don't want o eat meat just because the animals die, that is one of the reasons but she will never fully understand because I told her to watch a video and she didn't meat eaters don't want to see what they do because they are ashamed and they just get taught that you need it when you don't need milk you can get it from almonds! And yes they die but they don't jus die . They skin some animals with no pain killers and slit their throats when they are alive. I haven't been able to concentrate much at anything I do because all I think about now is that I wish I was not a human because they are so mean except like vegans and vegetarians and would rather die than eat meat for my life, please just because you like the face watch a video of what they do and follow mercy for animals on Fb and watch a vid and you will change your mind. What goes around comes around people. Please stop eating meat the people who say I would never kill a cow like for the meat by eating meat that what your doing. The killing is for the buyer and if you don't like what you see maybe you should stop cuz you know what you are making this happen if you are not vegan or veg maybe you are reading this about to eat a animal product. What on your plate once screamed for its lie and suffered from the day it was born to the day it dies. Please just try it you will be heather than ever just look up vegan recipes with nutrition idk about you but id rather shorten my life than have this continue but guess what vegan diet is the healthiest you can get and you live longer and it stops loads of diseases !

• Because your taking a life

I mean why do you need to kill something to fulfill ur nutritional needs, taste and appetite. If its wrong to kill another human being......How on earth is it "OK" to kill a animal that also has a life, breaths and has a soul. Don't convince urself that its normal human evolution, we need the protein (try beans, legumes, tofu broccoli and see how much protein u get), we have the perfect set of teeth's to cut meat etc. (we have perfect hands to kill too.....Why not make murdering legal). Why is a human beings pain superior to an animals pain???? The pain an animal has to endure to serve your stomach is just not worth it........Think about Karma!!!.......What goes around comes around. (however, you can keep justifying it in your head and enjoying the delicious juiciness of meat and building your strong beautiful protein bodies)

• Animals should be treated with more respect.

Animals are living things with souls. People treat them like garbage all around the world. I know that people and animals are part of the food chain and for centuries we have eaten the, but in my opinion something should be done. People should stop eating animals and start to treat them with some respect.