• Yes people need to eat meat

If, considering the possibility that this does happen, we all stop eating meat, then the livestock population would rise and we would be battling the said livestock for control of the vegetables and fruit. This would lead to an all out war, which we would eventually lose. Then the livestock would rain supreme and we would be tiny, skinny little people under their mighty feet. The livestock that we had stopped eating would start eating us and we would have the same conundrum all over again. So, we owe it to the human race to continue eating yummy beef and delicious chicken and juicy pork just to prevent an oncoming apocalypse. Remember, animals hold grudges. Don't let other peoples ignorance blind you from that fact.

• Yes, if they want to.

Not to argue that vegetarianism is problematic, if one so chooses, but eating meat is entirely legitimate. Animal life does not share the same value as human life, though cruelty to animals is of course morally wrong and betrays much about a person's character. Animals which are raised for food should be treated humanely. But eating meat is acceptable and specifically permitted by God. Also, meat provides some types of protein which are necessary for good health and are challenging (though not impossible) to obtain otherwise.

• Yes, people should eat meat

Yes, people should eat meat because in a diet that contains meat, it can be very healthy to a person. In a way, nature has provided humanity to be able to eat different organisms, and be able to extract nutrients from them. Also, eating plants are similar to eating animals because they also are organisms that have lives.

• It's a good source of iron.

Meat has a better source of iron than vegetables. If we all became vegetarian, then eventually there would be no plants left and then what would we do? The meat industry would also start to decline as the workers lose their job because there is not enough work for them.

• YES, People Need Meat

People should eat meat because meat provides a lot of good animal protein that human bodies need to function and thrive. Plant protein is good, but i believe meat protein is better. Many people are vegetarians for animal rights reason, but many others simply believe meat is too fattening to eat. This is not true. They are many varieties of lean meat.

• People are Omnivores

Have any of you people that said no heard of this beautiful thing called bacon. It just absolutely amazes me that more people said no than yes. There are multiple forms of meat that you haven't even tried. Have you ever heard of don't judge a book by its cover.

• People are Omnivores

• Cuz its good.. Ever heard of bacon?? I <3 mcdonalds and KFC!!!!! #chicken

I luv it. Its delicious! I luv it. Its delicious! I luv it. Its delicious! I luv it. Its delicious! I luv it. Its delicious! I luv it. Its delicious! I luv it. Its delicious! I luv it. Its delicious! I luv it. Its delicious! I luv it. Its delicious!

• It is much more complex than this dichotomy

As humans we are indisputably evolved to be omnivores, including some animal products in our diet. Morally I believe, we have a responsibility to all beings to minimise suffering wherever possible. Not eating meat does not mean no cruelty is endured by animals, everything we do as living beings is a result of energy taken from another life force, including many animals directly, indirectly or inadvertently. The same amount of energy (on average) is required to sustain one person or another. Eating vegetable matter to sustain ourselves reduces the amount of animals killed directly. However, animals will still die indirectly as a result. This is not to say that no further scrutiny of animal industries is necessary, or that reducing overuse of animal products (and food in general) should be ignored. Given a significant proportion of the worlds' population over eats and certainly animal products are overused. There are some appalling practices in animal agriculture that should be abolished. As stated before all measures should be taken to minimise animal suffering, which is currently not the case in the agricultural industry, resource industry or energy provision industry.
    Eating meat is not morally reprehensible if it is done with thought and consideration for animal ethics and sustainability.
    Not eating meat does not wipe the slate clean of any impact on animals.
    Everyone can do more and I intend to keep learning and striving to do so.

• Yes it's tasty

I would kill everything in my way of trying to eat pig hahahaha in your face vegatarians ha ha hai would kill everything in my way of trying to eat pig hahahaha in your face vegatarians ha ha hai would kill everything in my way of trying to eat pig hahahaha in your face vegatarians ha ha hai would kill everything in my way of trying to eat pig hahahaha in your face vegatarians ha ha hai would kill everything in my way of trying to eat pig hahahaha in your face vegatarians ha ha hai would kill everything in my way of trying to eat pig hahahaha in your face vegatarians ha ha hai would kill everything in my way of trying to eat pig hahahaha in your face vegatarians ha ha hai would kill everything in my way of trying to eat pig hahahaha in your face vegatarians ha ha hai would kill everything in my way of trying to eat pig hahahaha in your face vegatarians ha ha hai would kill everything in my way of trying to eat pig hahahaha in your face vegatarians ha ha hai would kill everything in my way of trying to eat pig hahahaha in your face vegatarians ha ha hai would kill everything in my way of trying to eat pig hahahaha in your face vegatarians ha ha hai would kill everything in my way of trying to eat pig hahahaha in your face vegatarians ha ha hai would kill everything in my way of trying to eat pig hahahaha in your face vegatarians ha ha hai would kill everything in my way of trying to eat pig hahahaha in your face vegatarians ha ha hai would kill everything in my way of trying to eat pig hahahaha in your face vegatarians ha ha hai would kill everything in my way of trying to eat pig hahahaha in your face vegatarians ha ha ha

• No

If someone came over to my house for dinner and I served them dog meat they would freak out. People love their pets, they acknowledge their value as living creatures with emotions and a will to live. So why is it that cows, pigs, and other farmed animals are deemed acceptable to slaughter in mass for human consumption? Yeah animals aren't as smart as humans, but does that give us the right to eat them? Theres a lot of dumb people out there, can I eat them too?
    Raising animals for slaughter is the number one contributor to green house gas emissions, factory farms waist more food then they produce (in feeding animals so that they grow); and it is common practice in factory farms to cut bits and pieces off living animals without any anesthetic. Sure it tastes good, but is eating meat really worth it? I don't think so.

• No. No cattle should undergo torture.

I actually am not a vegetarian (I eat chicken and pork) but I do not believe in eating cow. Especially in this day and age with factory farming, who knows what is happening to that poor innocent animal. As an American, I also frown upon eating dog, cat, and horse. I mean, those are pets, and horses especially are loving companions.

• It's completely unproductive

In this day in age, there is no need to eat the flesh of animals, unless it is needed for survival. Today's factory farms do nothing but torture defenseless creatures. Whether you view other animals, notice I say other animals as humans are animals as well for those who were unaware or just choose to reject that fact, as less than humans, they should still be treated with respect. Not to mention the terrible things that eating the flesh of animals causes, such as cancer, diabetes ect. Also, the factory farming of animals does tremendous amount of damage to the earth. Ruining soil. Destroying forest. Wasting millions of gallons of water. If we just stopped eating this garbage, no one In this world would go hungry. It takes 15 pounds of grain to produce 1 pound of meat. It's completely unproductive. It makes no sense to grow food to feed food. It's just not necessary. And it's doing so much harm just for people's taste buds. And as people say, " I'm free to eat whatever I want" and yes that's true, you are free to do as you please so long as its not hurting anyone else, but when you pay to have someone torture and slit the throats of millions of animals a day. You are hurting living creatures. If you have no more respect for this earth than that, then I feel very sorry for you.

Posted by: Aus
  • The decision to not eat meat is about much, much more than someone's moral opinion on whether it is ethical to slaughter animals.

300,000 whales, porpoises, and dolphins are killed each year in fishing nets, plus an additional 100 million sharks per year. 1/3 of all shark species are nearing extinction. There are only 400 north Atlantic whales left in the world due to lobster farming. Koala bears will be extinct in the next 50 years because their habitat is being destroyed for livestock. In the past few years we over-fished cod populations to near extinction. Their populations will not recover within our lifetime. This is the case for thousands and thousands of species on Earth that you all already know about, like orangutans.

The world's rain forests are home to 50% of all living things on earth and produce 20% of the world's oxygen each year. 91% of the Amazon rain forest and 95% of Brazil's rain forest have been destroyed to raise livestock.

1/2-1/3 of all carbon emission produced each year comes from animal farming. That is more pollution than the entire transportation system: every train, every car, every plane. It is more than the pollution from fossil fuels.

6 million children will starve to death this year because plant food in their area is fed to animals. 1/4 of the grain produced in third-world countries is given to livestock. In 2011 there was a record amount of grain harvested in the world: 2.5 billion tons. Half of that was fed to animals in the meat and dairy industry. 77% of the grain in the world goes to livestock.

45% of the landmass of earth is used in some way to support livestock farming. 78% of land in the US is used for livestock farming, but only 3% of the 90 million cows and 70 million pigs on livestock farms in the US are in open pastures (and they still use 78% of the land agriculture in the US). Only 3% of livestock in the US live in open pastures, which means animals like egg-laying hens live in such crowded conditions (each hen gets less than the size of an I-Pad) that they will never be able to spread their wings during their entire lives, or touch the earth, or see sunlight, or breathe fresh air. The conditions for all animals on factory farms is hellish.

You can produce 15 times more plant protein than animal protein on any area of land. You can produce 30,000 lbs of plant food per acre but only 50 to 480 lbs of meat per acre.

In the last hour alone over 8 million animals were slaughtered, 114,153 tons of grain was fed to livestock while 684 people starved to death, 6,000 acres of tropical rain forest was destroyed and replaced by cattle, and over 4 million tons of greenhouse gases were dumped into the ozone by livestock farms.

• No. Not unless they need it for survival.

In general, eating animals is not an efficient use of natural or human resources. It is far more sustainable to focus on a vegetarian diet, especially in the age of factory farming. Those who adopt a vegetarian diet are on average healthier and have lower rates of cancer and other diseases. Unless your life is threatened and meat is the only food, there is no need to eat it.

• Every essential substance is available elsewhere

Vegetables can provide the body with the right amount of carbs, proteins, and fats. They can provide every necessary vitamin except for vitamin B, which can be supplemented in synthetic pill form. The synthetic vitamin B is not the same, but it is sufficient in maintaining necessary vitamin B levels in the human body. Ethically, plants are incapable of experiencing what humans call suffering. They have no brain or nervous system, which is necessary for what humans call pain. Eliminating animals from the human diet will result in less suffering in the world.

• Meat is unsustainable

There are so many reasons why we don't need to eat meat any more.
    Sure we are omnivores, cave men ate meat and it tastes good.
    But we have evolved to a society that is capable of farming plant foods on a large scale, we don't need meat , protein, calcium, B12 are all available in alternative foods.
    Environmental, ethical, economical, and health reasons to name but a few and accountability for ourselves as human beings and our archaic attitude to animals and I have yet to hear a sufficient, research based argument to offer sufficient proof that eating meat is appropriate.
    And by the way, you don't like the taste of meat, you like how it's cooked and seasoned.
    Replace it with a meat free alternative and you wouldn't know the difference 😊 Peace!

• Why can we decide to eat animals ? Animals don't have a voice so we need to be their voice.

Why can humans eat animals ? It's not fair that they get to eat animals. For an example when a bear roams around a neighborhood and hurts a human. That bear gets either put down or put back in its natural habitat. Only because the human kind thinks that they are more superior to other animals doesn't mean they have to kill them and eat them. Every living thing should get treated with respect and decency. Humans shouldn't even be wearing animal's skin either. Only because animals can't speak doesn't mean they're ok with it. People already took most of their homes doesn't mean we have to take their lives too.

• Philip Wollen's speech about the meat industry

There are too many factors regarding the environment & global concerns to worry about whether or not we are designed to be able to eat eat meat. We do not need to & it's the right choice to make for the future of our planet. People have chosen veganism since the begining days of anciebt India & Greece starting with Prometheus & Socrates as renowned founders of this lifestyle. Many intelligent & powerful men & women choose it. That alone speaks volumes.

• Reasens to not eat meat, eggs or dairy.(fish is not a vegetable it's meat)

Meat, eggs and is VERY high in fat and cholesterol of which both cause obesity, types of cancers, strokes, heart attacks and heart decease. Any Way, that's just the health reasons, let's begin on the environmental impact.

Okay, so we all know that the environment is under attack well did you know that the meat, dairy and egg industry is to blame? Up to 55% of our pollution comes from the meat, dairy, egg industry. Nuff said