• Yes people need to eat meat

If, considering the possibility that this does happen, we all stop eating meat, then the livestock population would rise and we would be battling the said livestock for control of the vegetables and fruit. This would lead to an all out war, which we would eventually lose. Then the livestock would rain supreme and we would be tiny, skinny little people under their mighty feet. The livestock that we had stopped eating would start eating us and we would have the same conundrum all over again. So, we owe it to the human race to continue eating yummy beef and delicious chicken and juicy pork just to prevent an oncoming apocalypse. Remember, animals hold grudges. Don't let other peoples ignorance blind you from that fact.

• Yes, if they want to.

Not to argue that vegetarianism is problematic, if one so chooses, but eating meat is entirely legitimate. Animal life does not share the same value as human life, though cruelty to animals is of course morally wrong and betrays much about a person's character. Animals which are raised for food should be treated humanely. But eating meat is acceptable and specifically permitted by God. Also, meat provides some types of protein which are necessary for good health and are challenging (though not impossible) to obtain otherwise.

• Yes, people should eat meat

Yes, people should eat meat because in a diet that contains meat, it can be very healthy to a person. In a way, nature has provided humanity to be able to eat different organisms, and be able to extract nutrients from them. Also, eating plants are similar to eating animals because they also are organisms that have lives.

• YES, People Need Meat

People should eat meat because meat provides a lot of good animal protein that human bodies need to function and thrive. Plant protein is good, but i believe meat protein is better. Many people are vegetarians for animal rights reason, but many others simply believe meat is too fattening to eat. This is not true. They are many varieties of lean meat.

• It's a good source of iron.

Meat has a better source of iron than vegetables. If we all became vegetarian, then eventually there would be no plants left and then what would we do? The meat industry would also start to decline as the workers lose their job because there is not enough work for them.

• We actually need to eat meat

Okay first of all many of you vegetarians and saying we are not designed to eat meat. You people say we cannot eat meat because we don't have sharp teeth, large mouths, and short intestines like carnivores. First of all we are not carnivores! We are OMNIVORES, this means we eat both plants and animals. Okay i just had to get that out of the way. Also have you ever thought about how this could effect our economy?Millions of people have jobs because of the meat industry. My grandpa is a farmer... He would loose his job. Also my aunt, uncle, cousin, brother, and myself would all lose our jobs if we stop eating meat. Also you claim that the animals are being tortured in farms. Yes I can agree to a certain point that factory farms could have better conditions for that animals. But the solution isnt to ban meat all together... We could just improve the conditions on farms.I would also like to ask is it healthier to stop eating meat and need protein power? Or to eat a healthy balanced diet of greens and meat? We need meat for its protein and nutrients!

• Eating meat can stop psychological

It tastes good. I crave it. I am lethargic both physically and mentally without it. I also have canine teeth. Vegetarians and vegans often say that humans have evolved to a point where they don’t need to eat meat to survive. While I would be able to live without meat, my life would not be as good. Just as cows can live on corn meal rather than grass, humans can live only plants, but maybe they shouldn't’t. I believe there is a biological reason I crave meat: My body needs it.

There is good and bad meat. I am only encouraging you to eat good meat. Yes, I realize it’s more expensive, so I urge you to eat good meat less frequently or in smaller portions. Eating a cow that was pushed on a forklift and eventually onto your plate is unhealthy for you and inhumane to the cow. Doesn’t it seem better to eat a smaller, healthier, happier steak than a forklift-ed one?

• Meat is gooooooooooooooooooood

I i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i ii i i i i i i iiiiii ii i i i i i i i i iii i i i i ii i i ilove meat i i i i i i

• Good source of iron

You should eat meat because it gives you lots of iron that your body needs to survive. I have been a meat eater all my life and have rarely come down with the flu and other things like that. I love meat and i stand by that forever and ever

• We should eat meat tbh, but in moderation.

Look honestly meat is good, and there are health problems but 1. I never heard of people having these problems in prehistoric times. But that's besides the point I THINK WE SHOULD continue to eat meat its good for protein,iron, and fats we need we need protein for growth of tissues and muscles, plus we need to be iron efficient and some fats are good for us, what if it was the other way around about "feelings" and what not see i'm not saying I would eat a squirrel or a house sparrow or something but if it just takes animals like Cows,Chicken,Pigs,Turkies,Lambs if you think about it what other purpose are they here for? If we don't eat them they could over populate and soon the whole world will be like India with chickens literally crossing the road to get to the other side, I'M SERIOUS honestly 9 billion chickens are born EVERY DAY, and you're telling me I have to eat a freaking carrot on the floor and some potatoes to substitute that? IF SO then I shouldn't eat at all because obviously we can't eat. Plus, if this is such a big deal why weren't we debating on these things back in the days when meat were basically all we ate, i don't see anyone complaining about my steak and potatoes. But even though we can and should eat meat we can't act like cavemen. We can't just go like monsters to a restaurant to order "can I get a t bone steak with some chicken wings and fries with also some lamb AND pork chops" because thats just extreme cruelty and a dinner of a heart attack. Too much protein can be hard on the liver too but we should eat meat. Just in Moderation

FOLLOW ME ON IG @manoo.Is.Global

• No

If someone came over to my house for dinner and I served them dog meat they would freak out. People love their pets, they acknowledge their value as living creatures with emotions and a will to live. So why is it that cows, pigs, and other farmed animals are deemed acceptable to slaughter in mass for human consumption? Yeah animals aren't as smart as humans, but does that give us the right to eat them? Theres a lot of dumb people out there, can I eat them too?
    Raising animals for slaughter is the number one contributor to green house gas emissions, factory farms waist more food then they produce (in feeding animals so that they grow); and it is common practice in factory farms to cut bits and pieces off living animals without any anesthetic. Sure it tastes good, but is eating meat really worth it? I don't think so.

• No. No cattle should undergo torture.

I actually am not a vegetarian (I eat chicken and pork) but I do not believe in eating cow. Especially in this day and age with factory farming, who knows what is happening to that poor innocent animal. As an American, I also frown upon eating dog, cat, and horse. I mean, those are pets, and horses especially are loving companions.

• It's completely unproductive

In this day in age, there is no need to eat the flesh of animals, unless it is needed for survival. Today's factory farms do nothing but torture defenseless creatures. Whether you view other animals, notice I say other animals as humans are animals as well for those who were unaware or just choose to reject that fact, as less than humans, they should still be treated with respect. Not to mention the terrible things that eating the flesh of animals causes, such as cancer, diabetes ect. Also, the factory farming of animals does tremendous amount of damage to the earth. Ruining soil. Destroying forest. Wasting millions of gallons of water. If we just stopped eating this garbage, no one In this world would go hungry. It takes 15 pounds of grain to produce 1 pound of meat. It's completely unproductive. It makes no sense to grow food to feed food. It's just not necessary. And it's doing so much harm just for people's taste buds. And as people say, " I'm free to eat whatever I want" and yes that's true, you are free to do as you please so long as its not hurting anyone else, but when you pay to have someone torture and slit the throats of millions of animals a day. You are hurting living creatures. If you have no more respect for this earth than that, then I feel very sorry for you.

Posted by: Aus
  • The decision to not eat meat is about much, much more than someone's moral opinion on whether it is ethical to slaughter animals.

300,000 whales, porpoises, and dolphins are killed each year in fishing nets, plus an additional 100 million sharks per year. 1/3 of all shark species are nearing extinction. There are only 400 north Atlantic whales left in the world due to lobster farming. Koala bears will be extinct in the next 50 years because their habitat is being destroyed for livestock. In the past few years we over-fished cod populations to near extinction. Their populations will not recover within our lifetime. This is the case for thousands and thousands of species on Earth that you all already know about, like orangutans.

The world's rain forests are home to 50% of all living things on earth and produce 20% of the world's oxygen each year. 91% of the Amazon rain forest and 95% of Brazil's rain forest have been destroyed to raise livestock.

1/2-1/3 of all carbon emission produced each year comes from animal farming. That is more pollution than the entire transportation system: every train, every car, every plane. It is more than the pollution from fossil fuels.

6 million children will starve to death this year because plant food in their area is fed to animals. 1/4 of the grain produced in third-world countries is given to livestock. In 2011 there was a record amount of grain harvested in the world: 2.5 billion tons. Half of that was fed to animals in the meat and dairy industry. 77% of the grain in the world goes to livestock.

45% of the landmass of earth is used in some way to support livestock farming. 78% of land in the US is used for livestock farming, but only 3% of the 90 million cows and 70 million pigs on livestock farms in the US are in open pastures (and they still use 78% of the land agriculture in the US). Only 3% of livestock in the US live in open pastures, which means animals like egg-laying hens live in such crowded conditions (each hen gets less than the size of an I-Pad) that they will never be able to spread their wings during their entire lives, or touch the earth, or see sunlight, or breathe fresh air. The conditions for all animals on factory farms is hellish.

You can produce 15 times more plant protein than animal protein on any area of land. You can produce 30,000 lbs of plant food per acre but only 50 to 480 lbs of meat per acre.

In the last hour alone over 8 million animals were slaughtered, 114,153 tons of grain was fed to livestock while 684 people starved to death, 6,000 acres of tropical rain forest was destroyed and replaced by cattle, and over 4 million tons of greenhouse gases were dumped into the ozone by livestock farms.

• It is destroying the planet

The production of meat is ridiculous. The process of feeding the animal, giving it land, injecting it with antibiotics requires more resources then what then end result is! Can people really not grasp this basic concept that meat production/factory farming is unsustainable? By the time the earth is dried up, no more water left and world hunger has reached unthinkable heights, it will be too late.

• Regarding the food chain

Many meat supporters use the excuse that even if we don't eat the animals, predators will so it's okay for US to eat them. Yeah, no. Despite the fact that animals are eaten by others, you can't teach it NOT to kill nor can you teach it the importance of nutrients, vitamins, calories, proteins, etc. If you take for example a lion, which is carnivore, you can never make it stop killing and eating meat simply because it will not be able to live without it. But us humans - capable of speech, reasoning, research, and many other things - can understand what is good or not to eat thanks to many researches by scientists and such. Not only we can determine the amount nutrients and other things in food and the amount our body needs, but we also have morals. Do you think an animal is capable to learn that? No. Therefore we can't change the food chain, we can't change an animal's diet except human's because we are able to know what's healthy and what's not.

• Eating meat is wrong

I have been meat & dairy free for a month and I feel awesome. Meat and dairy drags you down. I feel that animals can't make decisions on what they eat, but we can.. We know that animals feel pain, yet we kill them for our eating needs. Chickens and cows are treated awful and I could never eat another meat product again, knowing what farmers do. If we all switched to a plant based diet it would be a much better world.

• We don't need meat to survive

I am only 14 years old and want to be a vegan. I always thought having a vegan diet was useless because I thought that cows produce milk naturally. After having to a school talk I chose a vegan diet cuz I had no idea why people did it. Then I realised that the cows produce milk for their calf and they are taken away from their mum at 1 year old and they are given things like dead chickens for supplements. This just hurts the mother and calf and the chickens that were unnecessarily killed. I'm sick of everyone eating meat and I want everyone to stop. I have only recently been aware of what they do in slaughterhouses when I started watching videos of it and reading more and more and those people omg they annoy me so much an animal has a life they have feelings they get scared and have emotions too. And one of my friends said so you don't want o eat meat just because the animals die, that is one of the reasons but she will never fully understand because I told her to watch a video and she didn't meat eaters don't want to see what they do because they are ashamed and they just get taught that you need it when you don't need milk you can get it from almonds! And yes they die but they don't jus die . They skin some animals with no pain killers and slit their throats when they are alive. I haven't been able to concentrate much at anything I do because all I think about now is that I wish I was not a human because they are so mean except like vegans and vegetarians and would rather die than eat meat for my life, please just because you like the face watch a video of what they do and follow mercy for animals on Fb and watch a vid and you will change your mind. What goes around comes around people. Please stop eating meat the people who say I would never kill a cow like for the meat by eating meat that what your doing. The killing is for the buyer and if you don't like what you see maybe you should stop cuz you know what you are making this happen if you are not vegan or veg maybe you are reading this about to eat a animal product. What on your plate once screamed for its lie and suffered from the day it was born to the day it dies. Please just try it you will be heather than ever just look up vegan recipes with nutrition idk about you but id rather shorten my life than have this continue but guess what vegan diet is the healthiest you can get and you live longer and it stops loads of diseases !

• Because your taking a life

I mean why do you need to kill something to fulfill ur nutritional needs, taste and appetite. If its wrong to kill another human being......How on earth is it "OK" to kill a animal that also has a life, breaths and has a soul. Don't convince urself that its normal human evolution, we need the protein (try beans, legumes, tofu broccoli and see how much protein u get), we have the perfect set of teeth's to cut meat etc. (we have perfect hands to kill too.....Why not make murdering legal). Why is a human beings pain superior to an animals pain???? The pain an animal has to endure to serve your stomach is just not worth it........Think about Karma!!!.......What goes around comes around. (however, you can keep justifying it in your head and enjoying the delicious juiciness of meat and building your strong beautiful protein bodies)

• Animals should be treated with more respect.

Animals are living things with souls. People treat them like garbage all around the world. I know that people and animals are part of the food chain and for centuries we have eaten the, but in my opinion something should be done. People should stop eating animals and start to treat them with some respect.