• Yes.

There are few things in the world more important than being able to convey a thought clearly, cleanly, and logically.

The great failure of the current American culture and school system is the lack of importance placed on the learning and execution of the Standard American English language.

Grammatical errors are an indicator of limited education and automatically bias the more educated against the less educated. A well spoken, articulate person will achieve much greater and more widespread success socially and likely in his career with less effort than would be required were he to speak in broken and distorted English.

• Yes They Should

While everyone makes mistakes, the only way language is preserved is through diligence to its appropriate structure. When grammatical mistakes are made it hints at a lack of education and care. This is the main reason it upsets people when errors are made. It's important to maintain language and so there is no reason not to be upset about grammatical errors.

• YES, people should.

Correct grammar or fluency in communication is a very strong tool for success in the global economy. Parents send their children to schools so these children can become successful people someday. Presidents, CEO's, CFO's, general managers, chief executives, head/directors, chief editors are among the most successful people who have great communication skills.

• However one caveat

My vote goes to yes not simply for readability and principle, but because studying and understanding a language has merits which run deeper and range farther than the mere ability to reproduce it for others' consumption. It is a mental exercise that enhances thinking and living, and I would argue that is a good thing for all rational creatures to pursue.

However, one caveat. We understand that languages evolve. They evolve by breakdown, by contraction, and hybridization of words, idioms, and syntax. I argue that, in truth, if spelling and grammar are breaking down, they are doing so in a fairly natural fashion and because our brains and precluding "proper" forms with forms that are more accessible. There might be reason to consider these breakdowns windows into efficiency, but you'd have to ask a real linguist. I am but an amateur. The example I will leave is how we all recognize that English is woefully complex in spelling and pronunciation, let alone grammatical structure. On one hand, this gives us vibrant and varied narrative freedom, but also burdens readers and writers an immense backlog of language to learn and perfect if they hope to master the language. It might be worthwhile to streamline, for accessibility.

• Yes, because language is deteriorating.

One should not be really picky about grammar or anything else bcause life is too short. Still, it is a good idea to attune oneself to the English language so that grammar mistakes are noticed and corrected internally. We are getting very sloppy about language, which should be a beautiful way to communicate.

• People should know if what they are doing is wrong.

I get upset because this world is falling apart because of lazy, stupid people. If we keep letting people be ignorant, it's only going to get worse. Ignorance is only bliss until reality catches up to you. I hate having the ability to see everything that is wrong with this world and not having the power to fix it.

• Grammar mistakes convey a lack of communication skills

I am an instructor who teaches writing intensive courses. I find that students are more concerned with getting their degree than in the quality of their work. They either don't know how to make corrections or they don't care. It bothers me that students don't take the time to re-read their assignment, and correct their errors.

• No, getting upset does not help the language.

Language is a tool for people to communicate with each other. Grammatical error should not be a hindrance for communication. As long one is able to understand the message conveyed the grammatical mistakes should be overlooked. We now live in a globalized world where people from different background have to learn new languages to communicate. Rather than being upset over grammar we could help them to get better at it!

• Perfect grammar is not the point of language.

Language is a tool that allows us to communicate. In order for it to be effective, it must be used properly- however, so long as you can make yourself understood with it, it is being used properly. Language has no absolute rules that everyone must follow- and the greatest writers and thinkers have challenged and modified these rules in the past to the great benefit of us all. A small mistake is meaningless if it does not obscure communication, and an intentional disregard for some aspects of grammar is fine as well, so long as the intended communication is accomplished.

• It is fair to assume that it's a handicap not to be able to write correctly, however...

Assuming that not writing correctly is a handicap, should people be bullied or condescended upon for that? I understand that certain occupations requiring excellent writing skills may not be accessible to someone who is not up to the task, but shutting someone up because he makes orthographic errors is incongruous because we write to communicate thoughts.
    For example if I wrote to you to inform you that "your houze is going to be forclosed i two weeks..." I think you would understand the meaning pf what a message is.

• Depends.

Some people make mistakes and that's fine, plus English is a ridiculous language. When people make spelling mistakes on Facebook, it's really nothing to concern yourself over; it's not your problem (although it can be amusing to see people commenting about spelling mistakes).
    Although I do think sometimes primary school teachers should make more of an effort with things like apostrophes, your/you're etc. My school was pretty good with your/you're, there/their/they're, here/hear and to/too, but didn't talk about lose/loose which seem to be more commonly interchanged.
    However, when writing something to be published, or a scientific report, it's kind of important to check your spelling and grammar, if you know that's not your strong point. Proof-read, use spellcheck and dictionaries, and ask someone if you're really not sure. (also, if you're writing a Facebook status about spelling and/or stupidity, it's not a good look if you have a lot of mistakes.)
    Lastly, when you get upset about grammatical errors, it can be quite a hit to their confidence, especially if they're not very good at spelling and grammar.

• No, I don't think its worth getting upset about.

People make grammar and spelling mistakes all the time. It is not worth getting upset about mistakes. When you make a mistake, you learn from it, not get upset about making that mistake. You can also learn from big mistakes too. Some people could make big grammatical mistakes, but its not up to people to get upset about their mistakes, those people should help the other people get it right next time instead of getting upset!

• Not really.

People should not get upset about grammar mistakes unless they make the piece of writing unreadable. Small grammar mistakes usually go unnoticed by most people, so it is not worth getting upset about. Only in school should these mistakes be taken into regard, and they usually only count for a small deduction. As long as the writing is well thought out, and generally well written small grammar mistakes should not be taken into much regard.