• I think we should give money to beggars

I think we should give money to beggars because it makes us feel good, even if the beggar just ends your money on drugs or alcohol.these poor people are just like you and I they just haven't had the luck that we have had in life. We mustn't be judgemental thinking that they are either an alcohol or a drug addict for example.

• Depends ?

I give a few dollars if I don't know them if i'm out of town. but the ones I see every week, when the say they will pay you back and don't and then hit everybody in the parking lot up for a dollar. the ones who do that make it hard for the pork joker who might really be out of fuel or needs a meal. as long as the don't hit you every time and the able to do themselves.

• Yes, I think it is alright to give money to beggars

Yes, I encourage everyone give money to people in need. Not only is it good to help people out who are in need, you never know when you could find yourself in a similar situation. If you needed a meal you would most certainly want people to help you out. Have compassion for those who are less fortunate than you!

• Yes, you should give alms to beggars.

Helping those in need is an act of kindness humans should be more prone to practice, as many homeless and destitute people have been victims of terrible circumstances and are only trying to survive. Of course, you should always use your common sense and judgment when choosing who to give your money to.

• They Are People Too

Beggars are people too and they may have experienced a bit of hard luck, but they need to eat and buy many of the things we take for granted. You never know what life can be like until you don't have the basic necessities in life. Granted some of these individuals are con artists, but don't let that discourage you from helping a fellow human in need. Life by the mantra "pay it forward" because kindness will come back to you n your time of need.

• They may be hungry.

I fear that they made really need the money to eat and it bothers me. I made be wrong, but so it. Besides, it's only a dollar. The one immediate benefit I almost always receive is the driver who sees me do this will let me immediately in traffic. It works every time.

• It a good thing to do

My country is a poor country and there are many homeless people begging for money everyday, but i do give them, i am not rich but i know how hard it is to be poor and don't have anything to eat, i can say that people nowadays find are trying to find more money so they can fill their ambition, buying big new house, luxury cars, and travel around the world, but the beggars they just need money to buy foods, so they can survive. So why don't people try to compare more between this issue? With that money u giving is just a piece of cake to u but its a good thing for them.

• Yes they should

Duh. If u were poor u would want people to give u money. It is clearly a last resort for the beggars who are people too, and they need more money to survive. The least people living in their lavish homes can do is help the poor beggars. Thank you.

• Yes, for the sake of kindness

I do give money to beggars. I feel that, even if I can't really help the person, maybe I can just let them feel that someone cares. I agree that, if at all possible, it is better to offer them a cup of coffee or something to eat (rather than giving them plain cash), but if I pass a beggar on the street, I'll give them a few coins.

• Yes we should give people money who need it.

Be selective to whom you give money however. Some need it a lot more than others. Look at the person not through them, look at them. Give them a dollar if they need it. You cant generalize. Give 3-5 dollars a week to the needy is the right thing to do.

• No, you should not give money to beggars.

Because most of the beggars we see are not even in need, most of them are just too lazy to work but they need money. If we give the panhandlers money they will think that it is better to beg than to work, If America's people thought that, America as a country would fall to its knees.

• Begging is a Profession

George Orwell said it best: A beggar, looked at realistically, is simply a businessman, getting his living, like other businessmen, in the way that comes to hand. He has not, more than most modern people, sold his honor; he has merely made the mistake of choosing a trade at which it is impossible to grow rich.

• It would be better not helping the street beggars

Street beggars usually have lack of hope for their lives. So it is common for you to waste your money because they spend their money on drugs. Just making you feeling better cannot be the reason of helping beggars. They became like how the are now because maybe they did not care themselves when young. It is better to sped money on charities. Making the beggars drink too much drug can cause them to dye. Your kind offer will lead them to more serious laziness than ever.

• We Do Charity

We already give money to charities to support these people who are in need. I trust them because I know they will be able to spend my money wisely. Instead of those on the streets who could spend it on whatever. Instead of giving money take them to a shelter where you know they can get help. It's not guaranteed your money will go to good use.

• Begging is shameful

We should seriously take steps to stop this evil of begging. People should stop giving on the signals as this gives easy money and encouragement to the beggars. Infact instead of beggars, people who give them should be penalised. Government should take strong steps against them especially very very strong step where children are involved. How can we sleep peacefully when millions of our fellow countrymen live their life begging.

• I think we should not give money to beggars.

It is the beggars' fault being poor. If they worked hard as we or our parents do, they would certainly be a person like us. So we should not give our money to beggars to give them chances for them to raise their power and be a successful man or woman.

• Drugs, Drugs, Drugs

I work long hours for very little pay and because of that I value the money I have worked hard to earn. I fail to see why I should give my hard earned money to someone who sits on the street all day. In addition I pay a fortune in taxes that supposedly go towards welfare, I am not handing out additional money (especially since I live in Massachusetts which has really high taxes). Finally a majority of the the beggars are either scams or drug users.
    Beggars need to earn the money got be handed being a parasite on civilization.

• Beggars should not be given money

The beggars are doing the beggary as they are lazy to work, they are unaware about any work, they think beggary is the easy way to earn money than doing work.
    We should not give money to the beggars simply as we don’t know exactly if they are beggars or not. If we give it to a charity it would be useful. I very strongly suspect that all the money that a beggar collects goes to alcohol or drugs.

• There are many reason

That some are faker and some beggers use drugs there for they spend your money on drugs and do you think that it is right way no if you really want to do something for beggars then make a charity for them and if we help them with money then they said it is very easy way to earn money

• Only if you want them to take your entire wallet!

Just need a dollar to get yourself a hot dog and you recently got cancer and AIDS and you don't have a job? Sure... Then I pull out my wallet which he is watching curiously, sees a couple 20's and decides to grab it and run or beat the ever-living crap out of me and take it. You can't tell who is sincere sometimes, but if you have to listen to a 5 minute back-story its probably a bunch of bull.