Should people have to take a test before they have children?

• It would be nice, but impossible to implement

Firstly how would you measure a person's intelligence? Many would suggest the use of an IQ test, however IQ tests do not measure divergent thinking which is important in innovation and entrepreneurship. What needs to be discussed is how to develop a social framework to accommodate for different levels of intelligence.

• Human lives are at risk

From personal experience, I don't think some people should just be granted the right to have children. As soon as I stepped off the path my parents wanted me to take, they stopped buying enough food for the three of us and didn't speak to me anymore. A good friend of mine has a similar story. His mother spends all of their income on alcohol and nothing on food. We both live in a first world country, in which this behaviour is not expected, but is going unnoticed for the most part. Furthermore, I would not have a problem with these habits if my friend and I were earning our own money, but unfortunately due to the scarcity of jobs and the flawed welfare system in place, that is not possible, but that is another argument altogether. Getting back to the point, I think any potential parents should be assessed through a test of mental strength, which would not be as easy to plan for as a test of intelligence would be. I think if there were such a test, it would mainly assess how people cope in times of struggle, and whether or not they can stay positive when things get shitty, keep providing for their family, don't turn into a bum, etc. I believe these are crucial in not only building strong habits for their potential child, but also for the welfare of the child. Speaking once again from personal experience, my mother thought she had a stroke and it really scared her, but after the hospital told her she was all good, the thought of potentially having a stroke had already left it's mark on her, and now she only buys things for herself to cheer herself up or distract her from the problems/responsibilities of life. She hasn't had a job in a decade and has been living off of my father's welfare payments since then. She has had multiple nervous breakdowns in the past which have mentally scarred a sibling of mine, acting as a source of insecurity. With all that said, my point in the argument should be fairly clear now. It's simply about the welfare of dependant individuals. Parents have a lot of power and are supposedly the most responsible demographic of people but I see them misuse their power all the time, often against their children, both mentally and physically. A lot of the time I am extremely hungry at my house and there's nothing I can do about it but I still try to turn the situation around by seeking employment/trying to get qualified to teach quickly, and for those reasons I believe potential parents should be tested as much as possible mentally in every way. We're talking about human lives here.

• It will help the world become a smarter, safer place.

Most people believe that God gave them the right to reproduce, But from a scientific standpoint, certain people are, in my opinion, not smart enough to become parents. If the idiots of the make an abundance of children they cannot take care of, then the world will be full of sad orphans. If the children grow up having stupid parents who reinforce their stupidity as uniqueness and the way to be themselves, the the world will collapse from having to many idiots leading the world. On the other hand, if the more intelligent people are the only ones allowed to reproduce, then the world will become a better, smarter place.

• Sex is a responsibility not just pleasure...

Having sex in not just because you want or need it. Its a big responsibility and everyone should understand that there is consequences as STD's or ending up being pregnant. People who are irresponsible tend to have pregnancies and child and neglect their child or don't teach them to be well behaved, and act responsibly and this is because them themselves don't know that either... I have seen parents with children who are dirty and have runny noses and their physical appearance just looks bad. If you can barely take care of yourself you should not have kids or practice safe sex...

• Yes, I do agree.

I understand that having kids and how breakthroughs in medical science (AI, IVF, surrogacy,ISCI etc.) have allowed more people to become parents. I'm honestly sick of people saying "It's my choice or my (God-given) right to have kids or not." From my viewpoint, having children should be treated as a privilege, but society treats that as a right. I've heard of people who would make amazing and loving parents but have difficultly conceiving and/or fertility problems and then there are these irresponsible and careless people who can't practice sex responsibly and there are a bunch a neglected, unsupervised kids running around the place and ruining everything. There are some people that should not be parents. End of story.

• Adolescents don't think!

Teenagers or young adults have no experience of what having a child is like. They think they can do whatever they want because their becoming adults. I think they should take a test to see if they can truly understand what it's like to have a child. If People can take the test and pass, then they have the right to have a child. However, if they don't pass then they have no knowledge and no experience about having/ taking care of a child

• Some people just aren't fit to be parents.

Although one's body may be physically ready to reproduce, it doesn't mean they are mentally prepared to take on such responsibilities.

It will be difficult to keep someone from having unprotected sex... Perhaps the people should be threatened with fines and jail time for getting pregnant before testing and approval? How would we enforce such a thing?

And what kind of skills/intelligence should one be tested for in order to be a parent? I've met physically disabled people who make great parents... And people who are successful behave as bad parents.... So how would we figure out who is right for the job?

• For the future of Humanity

The long term survival for humanity depends on us eventually stepping out fro our world and colonizing space. This requires a population that is united, educated, and striving for a common goal. Obviously some drastic changes must occur in our structure of modern society, and some serious innovative advancements in all fields of science and technology. How can we reach this state of being an all wise and powerful enlightened race when the ones holding us back can have and raise children unchecked? I admit, to enforce this would have to be the most well thought out process and seem extreme to those unqualified parents, but it has to happen if we are even to take long term survival seriously.

• The world is overpopulated

Whether we want to admit it or not the world we live in is decaying. Resources are drying up. We have famine and lack of clean water and air everywhere we look and as a result we have more and more wars erupting. We are also still currently highly addicted oil. Despite the fact that we are moving forward with green energies we are still facing the likely possibly of massive worldwide food shortages and ecological disaster within the next 50-100 years. We should not be subjecting our children and grand children to the bleak future. Those who are currently on the planet now just need to do everything we can to make the future as bright as possible without adding anymore population. A vast majority of the population on this planet can barely take car of themselves. For most of us if the current "system" collapsed tomorrow there would be no readily available sources of food and freshwater to sustain us and the world would spiral into utter chaos. The sustainable level of maximum population is 2-3 billion.... Right now we're at over 7billion. Do the math and do the research for yourself if this does anger you. You need to have a positive outlook in life but you also need to be realistic.

• License to Vote, Hunt, Drive, etc....

Being a parent entails far more responsibilities than many things that require us to pass a test and posses a license! There is a strong argument against this, because we live in the United States of America, where everyone should have the freedom to raise a family. However, our children also have the right to be safe from negligent parents! A test should not be so stringent that only 50% of the nation would be allowed to become parents, but it should at least weed out the people that are CLEARLY unfit to be parents. Is it morally right to allow such people to have their children, and then take them away when they are left in a hot car for hours? Or is it morally correct to prevent it from happening at all? Our children haven't a chance if we are not going to be responsible parents. Let's reduce the frequency of these tragic stories, and prevent unfit would-be parents from having kids!

• Good luck enforcing it.

I actually kind of like the idea, but it's completely unenforceable, considering that people are able to procreate without any permission or even involvement of the state. What is going to happen if people who fail the test decide to have a kid anyway? Men in black come and take the kid away? I don't think anyone wants to live in that kind of state. It's just not going to happen.

• Even Stupid People Have the Right to Breed

It's a free country and no one should have to take a test before having children. Even though we might think some people probably shouldn't have kids, everyone deserves the right to be happy by raising children. Taking a test before becoming parents is tacky, distasteful and unconstitutional. We don't pay to vote, nor should we have to take a test to be parents.

• No, this is a form of Eugenics, which is morally unacceptable in a compassionate society.

The opportunity for procreation is one of the inalienable natural rights of all living creatures. To disallow it completely based upon a government mandated selection process would be immoral. It would easily lead to genocide of certain groups that don't conform to the ideals tested for, in the same way that Hitler used ethnic testing and cleansing to create his 'master race' in what he believed to be progress towards a better Germany.

• Famous dex ft ugly god

Put a hole in a nigga like a cheerio ,like a bitch to she a silly hoe what i just got me a glock yeah, i just got me a new glock , im wiping niggas like a mop ,yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah thanks ugly god

• 21 savage ft metro boomen

9th grade I was knocking n***a out , n***a like holy filed fast forward 2016 I'm screaming fuck a deal 21 21 21 21 21 21 21 21 21 21 21 21 21 21 2 1 21 21 21 21 21 21 21 21 21 21 21 21 21 21

• 21 savage ft metro boomen

• 21 savage ft metro boomen

• 2erefcejhkl hu hb hb

Fef
    nfjenfnfjnknknk kjkkjlkmnkm knnk nm kknknknkln knlkjhnj uhu huhjhiuhui hiuihuihuih iu uihuiijihuhu huuhughuihuihj huhuhu uh uihuih ui hui ui ui uih uii jii hij hj iji h u ui u uhu hiu i ui iu ih iu iu iu i u uu i hui ui u hi ui ui u iu huih uih huhiu ui hiu ui hui hui u h uu ui uhui hu huih iu

• 2erefcejhkl hu hb hb

Fef