• It's our right and without them we will be powerless

If we were not allowed to have guns the government would do what every they wanted to do to us. I hate how people think that it would be a perfect world without guns. Think about it, drug dealers can get whatever kind of drugs they want to so, are criminals not going to be able to get guns. No, criminals will have guns and be able to attack anyone because there would be no personal gun ownership. Why do you think that criminals attack schools. It's not because they want to kill children it's because they know that there arent any guns inside of a school building.

• We need guns

Having a gun is our right and without them we become powerless. Statistics show a criminal is less like to harm a citizen if they are armed with a weapon. Why do you think there are so many school shootings? Its because every criminal knows there is no way a school could fight back! We are a powerless community without the secured protection of a gun.

• Needed for Protection

People should have the right to own and carry a gun for the protection of themselves and others if they qualify. Also, owning a gun is a right guaranteed to us, and people need to realize that if the citizens are armed, the gov't cannot overthrow its citizens with tyranny.

• "Guns are needed!" Says Grant Lesch.

If we ban guns, then only bad people will have guns! But if people can defend themselves, they have more of a chance of living, would you want a gun in your hand, or not allowed to have a gun and get shot because you have no defense against bad guy? Think about it.

• Shall Not Be Infringed!

A free society absolutely needs guns at their disposal. Our nation (U.S.) was founded by men who had had enough of a kings tyranny, and used guns to even the playing field and earn their independence. Putting aside the fact that I have a God given right to protect myself and my family, guns are a necessity in a free society. If you read the writings of the founding fathers, i.e. the federalist papers, or even look at some quotes made from Jefferson, Madison, Adams, and Washington, you will see that their intent was clear. They wanted to make sure that every citizen had a right to bear arms, not only for the possibility of foreign invasion, but to protect themselves from an overreaching government. I hear people say all the time that there is nothing one citizen with an assault rifle can do against a tyrannical government that has an army at its beck and call. I wholeheartedly disagree. Look at Vietnam, Afghanistan, and Iraq, where insurgents stood up to the might of the United States Military. It can be done if the cause is just. Its also been spoken that the reason Japan didn't try a land invasion in WW2 was because they were afraid there would be a man with a gun behind every blade of grass. Besides being a deterrent against government tyranny, they are an equalizer against bad men. The right to protect my family is God given, and having a gun to do that is imperative. The police do not have a constitutional duty to protect us as citizens, as seen in Warren v. District of Columbia. This means that I only have myself and my family to depend on our safety. Besides if you look at it statistically, guns kill less people than cars or diabetes or medical malpractice. The number of gun murders has been steadily dropping for the last 20 years. Gun violence has declined as well. Taking all this into account, I have to wonder why there is a big push to try and take away some of my second amendment liberties. If someone tried to systematically dismantle the first amendment, I think people would be up in arms about it.

• Boom boom boom!

People should be able to carry a gun to protect themselves from criminals,and all those other bad people in the world. But i think before someone can own a gun people have to check there background information just in case that person has a criminal record. If people own a gun there would be less criminals killing innocent people.

• Monst definately yes.

People who choose to own firearms and are eligble shouldn't be hampered. Its has been shown time and again states with strict gun control have far higher crime rates and oddly enough far higher rates of gun related crimes than States with high gun ownership and where concealed weapons permits are obtainable.

The later also tend to enjoy a far lower vilent crime rate.

Disarming law abiding citizens just empowers criminals to prey on the citizens who follow the law.

• Yes they should

FBI statistics show, criminals are less likely to assault a citizen if they feel they are armed. Guns are the most efficient means of self defence and shooting is actually quite therapeutic. We have a right by the 2nd amendment to own guns, and no one should have the right to limit the rights of the people, if that happens, it's a slippery slope that only ends with no rights at all

• Need I say yes, its an constitutional amendment.

Considering the 2nd amendment grants us the right to bear arms I would have to say... yes. Every law abiding citizen should have a fire arm if deemed capable of use. The amendment was implemented to protect the citizens of the United States from a tyrannical governement. They wrote it in 1776 for a reason and that reason we still need to stand for. I don't know about you but I want to keep my right to protect my family in this unstable economy. Why is it our government can buy up billions of rounds of ammunition and two million dollars worth of paper targets that resemble old people, woman, and children? Not to mention the drones and light armored tanks that the DHS is buying. ... and they want to take away your rights and freedoms as Americans. America is the greatest country in the world, why change it? Why put ourselves in the same position that the men that fought for this country during the revolutionary war were in? Doesn't make sense to me.

• The Best Defense

There is nothing wrong with guns themselves. Owning a gun does not cause a person to commit evil acts; rather, those who want to commit evil acts already might want to use guns to do so. I think people should own guns because those who use guns for evil purposes are clearly already willing to break laws. Therefore, they would not be deterred by laws against guns. Those who do not want to use guns for evil purposes are no threat, because they aren't going to hurt anyone. They should not be forced to be less well-defended against any assailant who attacks them simply because guns CAN be used for evil purposes. I certainly would not want to be using a kitchen knife in defense against a gun, and I shouldn't have to. My use of a gun in this situation would do no more than allow me to defend myself, and possible injure a person who is already a danger to society.

• No one ever!

No one should ever own guns. It is not needed in the modern age and is wasting money that could be used to help other people that are less well of than other selves. I am anti against all this kind of thing. It should be banned permanently to the extent that not one person in the world owns a gun.

• Well I Hate Guns

And that's not the half of it, what is this s**t about people having the right to bear arms, it's all a load of rubbish. Compare the amount of gun related deaths/p/a in a country where guns are legal to one where they aren't, you'll see a big fall, when people own guns to protect themselves from criminals, that's when the criminals start carrying guns, it's a problem that causes itself, and it's stupid.

• Guns don't kill people. They also don't protect you from car crashes.

I've never taken a gun anywhere. How many times have I been mugged or assaulted: zero. I am far more at risk in a car with or without a gun. Guns don't protect you from anything. Even in the unlikely event that someone would pull out a gun and demand you give them your wallet. What are you gonna do Rambo? How are you going to pull out your gun, turn off the safety, and shoot him before he unloads his magazine into your carcass? In a shooting, how will a gun make things safer? Does anyone ever take into account that real life scenarios are far more stressful than at the shooting range. Can you really trust yourself to shoot the bad guy and not someone behind him. What if your hands shake, how accurate would your aim be if your terrified for your life.

Would I feel safer if everyone had guns? No when everyone has guns, your life is literally in the hands of general morality. It might decrease shootings, which is the only thing people seem to think about when concerning the gun debate, lets talk about other deaths that would increase if everyone had guns: Suicide rates, Accidental gun related deaths, crossfire related deaths, self defense related deaths, and murders in general.

Guns don't kill people. They just fire deadly projectiles at fatal velocities and if you happen to get caught in its flight path, you die. For this reason people shouldn't have guns, and those that insist on having them should at least keep them locked up and out of reach. Adam Lanza, the man responsible for the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre got his weapons from his mother's gun cabinet.

• How can you be safe in a society where everyone has a gun?

Do you trust everyone that you know around you enough for them to carry a weapon that can kill you in an instant. Theres enough drama and conflicts between people, to not add access to lethal weapons into that equation. Sure you might feel safer if you have a gun and you know someone is going to attack you. Then again, if someone wanted to, they can just act normal and nice, pull a knife or a gun when your backs turned. So whats the point in having the gun when you cant reach for it anyway.

Atleast in a non gun society, if someone wants to murder you, they have to think of harder ways to do it instead of just pulling a trigger.

• People should not own guns!

I think people should not own guns. Owning guns is a double-side sword for us.People who have a kind and righteous heart own guns perhaps have a good effect for our society.In some existent,we can believe that they will do some essential action when the emergency situation occurring. But i can not imagine what if the thief or murder own guns.What they will do and how to do?I fell scared when this thought pop-up in m my mind.
    I argue that depending on the rules and regulations to control the use of guns is very essential and reliable.So,i can draw my conclusion which is i disagree people own guns.Guns should be controlled by government,for example,the troops or polices.

• No people should not own guns.

Nobody should be allowed to own guns, as it would save many thousands of lives by ridding the world of them. People should have to learn the defend themselves instead of relying on the pull of a trigger in order to succeed, as it would allow there to be less deaths and accidents that would happen.

• People die due to guns even if in the right hands

You wake up in the middle of the night to hear feet walking into your room you grab your gun. The door opens and you shoot. Turn on the light and you find your kid flat on the floor in a pool of blood. Now do you think that you should have bought that gun.

• Guns are a waste of time.

You don't need guns to protect yourself. If that's what you are concerned about there are other weapons you can use. Chainsaws, crowbars, swords, etc. Guns are expensive and overrated. Plus it would safe more lives since those weapons aren't projectiles. You can escape a melee weapon. A firearm you can't.

• Because of self harm and harming and threatening people

I think they shouldn't have guns because of threatening people like banks, shops, people around the world and multiple other things that can happen very dangerously and as well the little kids think that it might be a toy and start using it. So they shouldn't have them at any time whatsoever because records and the police cant keep up with them and we will have no defense and protection against the people all over the world.

• No guns .

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no.