• Yes, they should.

I firmly believe that every INDIVIDUAL should pay the same set taxes. However, I do not mean a flat dollar amount. Instead, it should be a flat 10% tax (15% if there is Federal AND State taxes in the given area). This would continue to be taken out of pay each cycle and there should be no possibility of owing at the end of the year. You either get a refund or you simple break even. People who are struggling do not need to be overburdened and people who are successful should not be punished (at least not in this yearly fashion) for it.

• Yes, they should.

• We all should be the same.

If I make $100,000.00 a year, I don't deserve tax benefits or breaks. If I make $10,000, I don't deserve tax benefits or breaks. ALL individuals utilize public services, on one end or the other, that requires taxes. Roads, government departments, whatever. You use it. I don't care who you are. I agree with another poster, it should be percentage based and that percentage base should be set! I feel in EXTENUATING circumstances where an appeal has to be made ( so you have to really have a good cause ), then and ONLY then should you get a tax break....And I mean extreme, such as I'm a single mother and my daughter is dying and racking up a high medical bill.

Businesses, from sole proprietorship to corporations, should be taxed on the same scale. Equal to a % of total gross profits and no breaks given for being in a low bracket or a high bracket.

• All people CANNOT pay the same taxes.

Every fiber in my being wants to vote YES to this question. In a fair system, all people should and would pay the same tax. One man, one vote. One man, one tax. Or pay the same percentage.

But our system is not, and cannot be fair. It's simple math. Total income taxes collected were around $1.5 trillion dollars. There are 117,000,000 households in the U.S. That comes to about $14,000 per household. That amount alone is more than the total income for many families. If you look at it from a percentage point of view, it's the same result: Everyone would have to pay 12% of their income just for income taxes to cover the budget. Right now, the bottom 50% pay just over 2%. Any way you cut it, it is simply not possible for everyone to pay either the same percent or the same flat amount.

• No, people should not pay the same taxes.

I think there should be a range for taxes. Up to $30,000 should be in the 10% range, $31,000 to $60,000 in another added 2% range, and anything above that in yet another range. I don't think it should a great amount, but it should be enough to help with economics.

Anonymous says2013-05-09T05:26:42.880
I vote no because the question is poorly worded