Should people play violent video game like gta-5

Asked by: islombek
  • It doesn't cause violence.

First, violent video games have not been proven to cause violence. Personally, from experience, and I can't speak for all, but for me, violent video games are a way to get out my anger without doing it in the real world. In addition, there's no link that has been found between video games and violence. A lot of school shooters played violent video games, but is the mass shooting specifically link able to the video game or not? Those mass shootings weren't necessarily the result of video games. People have the ability to distinguish between simulated games like GTA 5, and the real world. In addition, even if violent video games do increase violence (not proven), it's not your job to monitor what people can do with permission, on their computers. And the only way a law or rule like this would be enforceable is to regulate and monitor everyone's digital devices.

• Yes they should be able to.

Just because the game has characters which are violent and the game it self has violence, it does not mean the player is going to be more violent because of the game.
    The game is made to be played for fun. If a person can't handle the game that is fine because the game has a rating.

• Yes, they should be allowed to do so.

There are NO supporting studies showing violent video games having any real effect on youth or adults.

In fact evidence seems to indicate the opposite: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/jcom.12129/full

Violent video games do not appear to actually, at leasdt in the large scheme of things, to modify behavior.

I also was subjected to violent media and games as a child, and I do not have violent tendencies. The causation for violence must lie in other facets of life.

• If they want to.

I don't (because I don't have money) but I would if I could. It hasn't been proven to cause mass shootings either. Also @islombek games like GTA can be used to relieve stress, not causing them to be violent. Mental illness, domestic issues, bullying and things like that are what cause people to be violent. (If violent video games cause people to be violent, then minecraft should make me a master swordsman, which it hasn't.)

• No people should not play

IF THEY PLAY VIOLENT VIDEO GAME LIKE GTA V The number one negative effect is they tend to inappropriately resolve anxiety by externalizing it. So when kids have anxiety, which they do, instead of soothing themselves, calming themselves, talking about it, expressing it to someone, or even expressing it emotionally by crying, they tend to externalize it. They can attack something, they can kick a wall, they can be mean to a dog or a pet."If you shoot somebody in one of these games, you don't go to jail, you don't get penalized in some way — you get extra points!"