Should people play violent video game like gta-5

Asked by: islombek
  • Yes they should be able to.

Just because the game has characters which are violent and the game it self has violence, it does not mean the player is going to be more violent because of the game.
    The game is made to be played for fun. If a person can't handle the game that is fine because the game has a rating.

• Yes, they should be allowed to do so.

There are NO supporting studies showing violent video games having any real effect on youth or adults.

In fact evidence seems to indicate the opposite: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/jcom.12129/full

Violent video games do not appear to actually, at leasdt in the large scheme of things, to modify behavior.

I also was subjected to violent media and games as a child, and I do not have violent tendencies. The causation for violence must lie in other facets of life.

• If they want to.

I don't (because I don't have money) but I would if I could. It hasn't been proven to cause mass shootings either. Also @islombek games like GTA can be used to relieve stress, not causing them to be violent. Mental illness, domestic issues, bullying and things like that are what cause people to be violent. (If violent video games cause people to be violent, then minecraft should make me a master swordsman, which it hasn't.)

• No people should not play

IF THEY PLAY VIOLENT VIDEO GAME LIKE GTA V The number one negative effect is they tend to inappropriately resolve anxiety by externalizing it. So when kids have anxiety, which they do, instead of soothing themselves, calming themselves, talking about it, expressing it to someone, or even expressing it emotionally by crying, they tend to externalize it. They can attack something, they can kick a wall, they can be mean to a dog or a pet."If you shoot somebody in one of these games, you don't go to jail, you don't get penalized in some way — you get extra points!"