Should people pray at school even though it makes some others uncomfortable?

• Of course they should

Why would someone praying make someone else feel uncomfortable? It does not hurt them. The person who feels uncomfortable is the one who has a problem and needs to get over it!

Denying the right to pray is denying freedom of speech as well, and that is a criminal offense.

• Respect for others' religions

It should be expected for someone who is religious to pray when they feel it is necessary. It is their religion and if they are praying, then they probably have something going on that they believe that they cannot solve on their own, that they need their god or higher figure to help them with.

• People should pray

Praying is a very important act in almost all religions. People pray to the one who they worship, and other people shouldn't feel bad about doing so. It is very normal for people to pray, and it is wierd for people to feel bad about it. Lol lol lol lol

• I definitely think so!

I am a Christian, and many of the other students at my school share my religious beliefs. In reality, though, there are also plenty of atheists and muslims too. Any religions has the right to pray at school. I certainly wouldn't feel good if i was suddenly prohibited for talking to my God.

• Freedom of expression and freedom of religion

Those two freedoms are core in what we commonly consider "free" societies. I don't pray myself, but I still believe that people have the right to pray even when it makes others uncomfortable. Honestly i don't care if other people feel uncomfortable. I have as much freedom to not pray as others have to pray. I go to a Catholic school and it really annoys people when i refuse to pray or say the pledge. But they recognize that I have my rights and they have theirs. People should just learn not to get into other people's business so much

• Pray on your own time

School is a place for learning, not praying . Don't force others to do it. It makes some people completely uncomfortable, which is understandable. Imagine praying to Allah instead of jeasus? Worshiping the Japanese gods? I support learning other religions but not enforcing them onto people especially kids. Leave it at home.

• What? No! What the heck!

Everyone knows that school and religion are supposed to not be together. Plus, if it were, literally any religion would be allowed. Christians, jews, wiccans, catholics will be able to take advantage of this and basically screw up the entire schedule. If they want to pray, there can be a designated praying room a student can use up to 3 times a day (any more and it will just be used to skip class).

• Ignorance for other Religions

I don't like how only Christianity is represented in the American government. In the pledge of allegiance, "under God" was added. "In God We Trust" is on our money. It's ignorance towards Buddhism, Islam, Taoism, and countless others. Not to mention the cases in which atheists are discriminated against because of their beliefs.

• Obvious hypocrisy and morals

Well how about people actually listen to what others have to say and not themselves. It's not a case of they need to get over it, that just makes the person feel worse. How would you like it, if every day, some one smacked your bum or did something sexual like that and it made you feel uncomfortable? Would "get over it" suffice then? If it makes them feel uncomfortable then don't. If it doesn't then go right ahead. A good saying: Religion is like a p**is, its nice to have one, but please don't whip it out in public or try and force it down my children's throats.

• Circumstances for this to happen...

In order to make someone uncomfortable by praying you obviously aren't doing it as is allowed in public schools- non-disruptively in your free time. If you are praying in such a manner as to make other students uncomfortable you obviously are doing so in a disruptive manner, and thus should not be doing such in school.