• Without a doubt.

I am sorry to be so critical but I think that the common argument that only people who work and have resources should have kids is utter garbage. NO ONE should be having kids at this point, whether it's resourced or unfortunate, or dumb or smart people.
    The reason I say this is for reasons that have commonly pointed out. Water is scarce. Literally only one percent of water is drinkable. More people leads to greater population in urban areas, which leads to potential issues like pollution ( although not directly responsible) and lack of housing. It also can lead to an increased demand for jobs, which are unfortunately not being created fast enough in our current situation.
    It's also not fair because more people can make the standard of living higher. It's not fair for the taxes of hard working people to go up because their compatriots only care about following the crowd and having kids.
    The reasons for people having kids nowadays are ridiculous. Stop being sheep and be a little more original. Don't have kids because it is a popular trend or because your close friend just had an adorable little boy. Folks need to be a little more judicious and start realizing this matter is bigger than all of us.

• Matter of survival

Its the one thing we can do NOW to curb climate change. As things stand humans are closer to extinction than they ever have been. It's wrong to bring one child into this world until we can take meaningful steps to combat this problem. Would you want to be born in 2018?

• Less is more.

So many of our problems, environmental, economic, societal, and political will cease to be problems if the human race would shrink to more reasonable levels. The planet was never meant to hold 7 billion people. This puts a strain on resources, the worlds economy, leads to mass migration, civil unrest, and general misery. The human herd needs to be culled.

• Humanity is a curse on the planet

We represent an extinction event. Thousands of species have disappeared and many thousands more because of us. Tigers, rhinos, elephants will likely be extinct in wild within our life time. The oceans and air poisoned. Should we discharge all of nukes, or only some, which many theorists seem inevitable, that will only add another layer of destruction. Again, we are not compatible with life on earth. We have no chance of successfully colonizing another world, and we will be doomed upon a planet that we have rendered inhospitable for populations as they currently stand. Our only chance is for a calamity to wipe out a large percentage - let's say 70% or more, while sparing the right technology base and enough experts to develop sustainable habitats and food production. Humans could conceivably thrive in technologically advanced and sustainable communities, but in much much smaller numbers. The problem is that reptilian brain. We are hard wired for exorbatant reproduction, conflict and consumption. It's not our fault; we are simply fatally flawed. Life on earth will be much better off when we disappear, and we will fade as a curious and spectacular anomaly, a flash of remarkable achievement and destruction in the eternal uncaring void of the universe. Have a nice day!

• Kids having kids

There are to many young people having kids. The children that are having kids have no idea what they are doing. They then are a burden to the society and to there parents. Then the average person or persons that need welfare or help from the government cannot get it because people are having kids to gain a check. We should put a limit on how many kids people can have and when they can start having them. Doctors should make something that you can put in men and ladies to prevent accidents when there young. I feel if you are working a good job and you are over 25 you should start your family.

• Get another type of life ! There is so much more to do other than breed.

Slow human breeding down and give the planet a chance to be itself. Its flora and fauna need some time to recover. I can think of many more things to be doing in life than raising children that will just end up in societies wheel of being a corporate slave of some type. I used to look at photos of travelers when I was younger and ask how does "she" get to travel to those exotic places. The answer I almost always got was, "she doesn't have kids." Not that kids will stop you from traveling eventually but they would certainly be a restriction financially and on your time. And kids are just time wasting, destructive, money draining machines in general. Do something else that is productive. Volunteer, work full time, start a business, pursue creative hobbies, travel, climb Mount Everest if you want. Save the planet and get a life all at the same time !

• Stop having children

Hell yes ! No shit sherlock - of course humans need to stop reproducing. We all know it, yet we still make it a stupid custom to give gifts to women having babies and the government still gives money to people having babies. STOP. I give them a condom for having a goddamn baby and never speak to them again. Brainless breeders. The utter lack of foresight is absolutely disgusting.
    Report Post

• Hell yes !

No shit sherlock - of course humans need to stop reproducing. We all know it, yet we still make it a stupid custom to give gifts to women having babies and the government still gives money to people having babies. STOP. I give them a condom for having a goddamn baby and never speak to them again. Brainless breeders. The utter lack of foresight is absolutely disgusting.

• Too many people

Too many people. Besides, babies are ugly. It’s already not fair that people are spaying dogs ‘n’ cats, which they don’t to humans. It is also not fair that people are killing more cats then they do to ugly little babies. Another reason is that we overpopulate, taking over other animals lands and even killing them. And there are many children out there waiting to be adopted. From the past few years, there were less people (good thing) and now, twice billion people are here now. More people = more traffic, more pollution, and less animals. I’m saying, they should start spaying newborns just like they do to our poor pets.

• Too many people

Too many people. Besides, babies are ugly. It’s already not fair that people are spaying dogs ‘n’ cats, which they don’t to humans. It is also not fair that people are killing more cats then they do to ugly little babies. Another reason is that we overpopulate, taking over other animals lands and even killing them. And there are many children out there waiting to be adopted. From the past few years, there were less people (good thing) and now, twice billion people are here now. More people = more traffic, more pollution, and less animals. I’m saying, they should start spaying newborns just like they do to our poor pets. And when the human population starts shrinking up to 4 billion people in the world, they should stop the spaying.

• Wait wont we all die out

I know that there are being advances in science and at sometime people could live much longer but that is not now. So if we all just stopped having children then wouldn't in about a hundred year we would all die out from age. There wouldn't be any new scientist to replace the old and come up with new ideas so we would not progress in science in time.
    I'm not saying that we should not care about over population. We should at best put a limit on the amount of kids your aloud to have maybe 1-2.
    Also any a temp on controlling our population would be very hard to do since there are more than 200 countries in the world. Meaning that the effort would have to go international not just national or state wide.

• The enemies would love that this country not have more children

That would be great for the terrorist that we stop having chikdren. They would probably increase production if we did stop. The children are the future it is where we become unselfish and it brings out the best in us. Look at how much control is placed on society by children being present. TV would be one promo after another with no children around. Ultimately all the caring is because of the children. We would become of little value to anyone if it were not for children who are truly pure and innocent

Posted by: rvs
  • As a matter of personal choice, no.

People should have all the children they want to have, provided that they can support these children. You can argue that increasing human population is having negative impact on the world, but not having children isn't the solution to this problem. If people want children, they should be able to have them.

• The wrong people would keep having children.

Although I think with the billions of people we have on this planet, a reduction in population is needed. But the problem there is that the population is not evenly distributed. Only first world nations would go along with a population reduction scheme. The third worlders would continue to breed, and not contribute to the betterment of society.

• No, people should continue to have children.

The global population growth rate is slowing and the trend is reversing. Children are not a problem for the planet, or for us in general. There is no compelling reason why people, broadly speaking, should stop having children. The question itself is so vague and bizarre that it defies a coherent answer.

• stop having children

I personally disagree,I believe that There is no set age that women should stop having children. After the age of 35, women are at a higher risk for complications with pregnancy. Doctors will discourage pregnancy after 40 however there are many women who deliver healthy babies well into their forties.

• No They Shouldn't

While I believe it is normal to question bringing more children into the world I don't think it's a definitive reason for people to stop having children. I believe children are one of the main purposes of life and being a parent I can't imagine life without my child. I certainly wouldn't want to be this far in life without the responsibility of passing the world on to the next generation. Life without children would be unbearable to me.