• Yes, of course.

Now I believe a child at the age of eleven can have a mobile phone. At least my child would anyway. Think about this now, if a child can go out at with their friends unaccompanied by an adult at the age of eleven-twelve then why should they not have a means of contact with their parents. Now I know older generations had much more freedom and didn't have cell-phones but in this paranoid age shouldn't young people have a means of contact with their parents? I have found that most of the paranoid parents terrified about giving their child any freedom are the ones who do not want to give their children phones.
    This I struggle to understand. Why doesn't that parent give their son/daughter a basic cheap phone that can do nothing other that make calls, text and take photos and play music? What harm can that do? It simply benefits the child and parents. Parents can keep in touch with the child keeping the former happier and the latter safer.
    Now I would trust a twelve year old with a smartphone let alone a fifteen year old. This question shocks me. I do not understand why anyone would attempt to take so much control over a fifteen/ sixteen year old. They may not be completely mature and responsible but they will learn mostly through experience. Surely it is around that age, or even before, that the young person should be learning to handle money. Why tell them what to and not to buy?
    Wrapping a son/daughter in cotton wool for their whole life has no benefits. Why, when somebody becomes an adult (or if an adult is 18 in your books near adult) should they be finally handed something almost every other person in the nation can use by the time they are thirteen. It makes no sense to me that a teen be prohibited from having a mobile phone. People have said that the there are terrible websites out there and much more. But if you are so concerned then add filters to the phone.
    I fail to understand, also, how games affect a persons education. Perhaps staying up until three in the morning playing them can have a negative effect but there are plenty of ways to stop that. Games do not addle peoples minds. The graphics don't give you square eyes!
    "We managed without them" is an argument I hear from some older people.
    "Why should we spend money on getting you a smartphone when we did fine as children"
    These arguments are terrible. Our ancestors managed without radio, planes, cars, television, refrigeration, heating, hell they even got by without everything you had at one point grandpa. We don't want to be back in the dark ages. Progression is good. We want things you didn't have. It makes the world a better place.

• Exposure is a good thing

We are entering an age where global communication is the norm. Both people and companies are learning to use things such as SMS to keep their peers up to date with recent changes in the environment. In some cases, it is a requirement for a job to have some form of an open line of communication. Having people under the age of 16 learn and embrace these new philosophies early on in their lives will provide vital communication and media experience.
    Concerns such as a young person abusing phone privileges can be easily remedied with the use of a pre-paid cell phone plan, or arranging it so that they are responsible for the costs of keeping the phone (which can be negotiated through chore work or other tasks).
    The other major concern involves safe content for a young person to be exposed to. I say this is exactly why we should have young people on phones earlier on in life so that they know what sort of things are appropriate to be expressing over the phone versus what it not. It's similar to having a little kid being exposed to the Internet for the first time. It's better to start off while their young to teach these principles, than wait until a time when it's actually important.
    If there are concerns about who the child is contacting, it's surprisingly easy to trace back calls and messages. Phones are quite easy to monitor if a parent takes the extra time to check it now and again.
    Ultimately, cell phones open up a new window of communication that can be useful in a sticky situation. Teaching young people to respect that is more productive than restricting it.

• A few bad apples spoil the barrel.

Phones for people are more or less vital for people today, arguably more for younger people.
    Yes, thee is potebtial there for misuse; but
    a) the same can be said for almost everything these days,
    b) the potential for good and aid is far greater, and
    c) we shouldn't ban such a powerful and useul tool based on potential alone.

• Yes,people below the age of 16 should be allowed phones!

Yes people below age of 16 should be allowed phones because they become independent.
    Some use it well and some misuse it but mostly there are advantages.
    In case of an emergency cell phones are important.
    For example you go to a different city and you get lost what do you do?
    Look for your parents? Ask people the address of where you are living?
    Or call your parents to meet you somewhere?
    I guess calling your parents would be the best option.
    So I conclude that 16 year olds should be allowed phones!

• Yes they should.

Having your own cell phone is a good thing, if not a needed thing for people, especially those under 16. It is a great way to contact friends when you can't by other means, and is probably the only way to contact family or 911 when you are alone in an emergency.

• They should be

Because y y y y y 5 aert aer ae4y34 4 3q q34 34 6 764 6kr67 y tdrtsyst ts ydsd hs rdsd r r er r r r r r r r rrr rrr rr r r r r r r r r r r r claire o grady

• They should be

• It helps communicate

While it haas it's ups and downs, a child under 16 should be able to have a phone. Kids ages 11+ start walking places and going places without an adult. It should also be a parent's choice when their child can have a phone, not the law. Also, kids can feel left out if someone older than them has a phone and their not aloud to.

• Cell Phones Can Expand Our World

Not all kids who get a phone will become addicted to it. A phone is a device that can teach kids responsibility and organization. It is also an easy way to get in touch with friends and parents. We live in a digital age, so why not work with it instead of against it?

• Yes yes yes

Yes y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y. Y y y y y. Y y y y y y y. Y y y y y y y y y y. Y y y y y y y. Ty. Y y y y. Y

• There are many risks

For starters young people under 16 tend to easily become addicted to their mobile phones. This addiction means many wont even visit the lavatory without their phone in hand and if they have it taken away many describe they feel like they have lost and arm or a leg. That is not healthy.

Young people need close supervision when using the I termed as there are many dangers.

Young people often use phone to intimidate or bully others.

• I grew up without a cell phone and I grew up just fine.

It is very easy to get addicted to something at such a young age. Chances are that a child with cell phone will not only lose his focus academically but also lose interest in extra curricular activities. It is important for a child to develop his social skills and personality at young age and handing them a cell phone can curb these developments. Plus, why do they even need a cell phone? So no, children below 16 should not be given a cell phone.

• One simply has to look at what the older teenagers do with their phones...

Tweens and early teenagers often become addicted to anything that is passed their way, be it video games or occasionally drugs. One simply has to look at what these teenagers do with their phones.

Let me give you a personal anecdote of mine: I was on the bus watching my younger sister and her friend text on their phones. I then asked my sibling who she was texting. She answered me she was texting her friend, right next to her.

So, using one's own voice to talk has gotten out of fashion apparently. People become too strongly addicted to their phones too easily. One simply needs to look at adults. I believe people younger than 16 should be taught to socialize face-to-face, not over a phone.

• Children under 16 must not be allowed to have a phone

They start a long hour talks with their friends.This can turn them into dumbs in acadamics as they will not concentrate on the academics.This can destroy thir career.If students choose a wrong way and fall in love,this can even pull them back in academics.They will start discriminating among themselves in respect of money and style.

• Not to be misused but used under in urgent need or emergency

No,

Bcoz they might misuse, & highend phones has lot of access to videos , camera, chatting, browsing any illegal sites, playing games where it will affect mainly on their education.
    It should be only used for mainly communicating in a emergency but not for misusing on any of the above.

• No they shouldn't

Kids should not have phones under the age of 16 because lots of teens have head phones in their ears and that is really bad for you. Kids can do in mature thing on phones like prank calls and other silly things. It is pretty clear that kids under the age of 15 shouldn't have phones.

• They should be

• Get Out and Play!

I have noticed that children under the age of 3 have now become attached to these devices. When I child who is not even capable of forming a sentence or citing the alphabet without the letters in front of them is capable of going on YouTube looking up different there's a problem with our societies ethics. I believe a kid under 15 shouldn't have these devices because these devices have already corrupted the communication in society today. Children have lost outdoor interest because of technology. A lot of children in America have become obese or on the road to becoming obese. Technology, especially cell phones, have corrupted the world!

• Get Out and Play!

• Only Adults Should have Phones

The simply lack the brain power to use a cell phone. Adults are simply superior to teenagers, so only adults should have cell phones. They don't pay any attention in class with the distraction in their hands. They don't have the maturity level to know when to have their phones in and out of their greedy little hands.