Should people under 18 people allowed to get a tattoo?

• Express yourself! Sixteen

I believe if a 16 year old can make decisions about having sex, getting pregnant, moving out and buying a scratch card then they can make decisions about tattoos. Sure some individuals are stupid enough to get pointless tattoos because their mate thought it would be funny however not everyone will and some people can be stupid at 18 or 40.. As long as they dont get a name tattoo'd on them unless it is family related or a date of a relationship then I dont see the issue? As long as they do their research, get to know the procedure and go to a reputable studio then they'll be fine. I am 17 and I got a tattoo at 16.. It has meaning and I love it! I will definitely be getting more.. Tattoos are a way of expressing yourself and I feel if people are mature enough to make decisions about sex and pregnancy/moving out and getting piercings etc then tattoos are just an exception. Sure if they want it that badly then they should be able to wait but I have thought about my tattoo since I was 11 years old and when I was 16 it was still something that help a lot of meaning and so I got it. As long as its meaningful, done somewhere well-known and something they want then let them? Why not? I love tattoos, its a way of showing who you are as a person and people with piercings, tattoos, colourful hair should be allowed to express themselves even in the workplace or in schools because thats who they are and just because someone has tattoos it does not make them a bad person or a drug addict. Tattoos have absolutely not link to drugs, drinking or smoking. And teenagers with tattoos are NOT more likely to get into trouble.. I have a tattoo and I work in a care home and Ive never done anything to get myself into trouble any more than any normal teenager!! Tattoo is body art and they are beautiful, some people hate them others love them, it depends on you as a person and nobody should be prejudice of tattoo'd individuals.

• I'm 16 and I have one.

I'm a very creative person and I've always loved body art. Just 2 days ago I got my first one on my hip with the word family and a small bow under it. It looks amazing and I paid for it myself. I only agree with this if the tattoo has a lot of meaning and isn't something you would be ashamed to show your mum or dad.

• Why not?

It's their choice. If they think they're ready to get a tattoo, then let them. There's really no stopping it. It's up there with drinking and smoking and having sex. They'll do it no matter what you do, because if they really want one they'll get one. I got my first tattoo a month after I turned 16 and I'm not even 17 yet and I have 5 of them. I don't regret it because I knew all of the facts before getting it and I was ready. Let people make their own mistakes and if they truly hate the tattoo THAT much, there are removal options.

• Express yourself- tattoos

• Express yourself-tattoo life!

At the end of the day, its their choice. As long as the tattoo is not of a name from a relationship or best friend or something which is meaningless then why not? I am 17 and I got my first tattoo at 16 years old. I love it! I has a lot of meaning to me and when I turn 18 I will eventually get more. Tattoos does not lead to drugs or drinking.. Tattoos are simply a way of expressing yourself. If a 16 year old has thought about what they want with great detail for a long time then I don't see the problem in them getting one. Tattoos are body art! Not everybody likes them but most 16 year olds these days are able enough to make decisions.. If they can have sex, move out, buy scratch cards and get pregnant.. I don't see why they cannot have tattoos. (Providing they go to a well-known reputable studio). Sure if they want it badly enough they should be able to wait.. But I had wanted my tattoos since I was 12 and I had thought about them a lot and there are ways to get rid of them now if needed or cover-up tattoos. Most 16 year olds are just as mature and grown up as 18 year olds and others aren't.. Just like 18 year olds.. But if they make a stupid choice its their fault but for the people who are sensible I honestly think they should be allowed to express themselves.. Just like I think people should be allowed tattoos, piercings and colourful hair at schools and in the workplace. Let people be themselves!

• Who even cares.

If I want a tattoo or something permanently on my body, I should be allowed to do it. It's my body and it doesn't effect anyone else if I have a tattoo. If I'm old enough to drive and be behind the wheel of a highly powerful car I should be able to get a flower on my sholder or anything else.

• You should be able 2 get a tattoo underage if u have the correct knowledge

Im 16 and I have 3 tattoos all done by some of the best artists in the field who can charge rates going from 100$ a hour to 450$ a hour.
    If u are a avid tattoo fan and u you get something neutral or artistic by anyones opinion I say why not? If u are getting your term idols portrait I wld not suggest doing that at the age of 18 ether.
    If u are going into it knowing well what u are getting into and not getting crap work done then by all means I support the art form and I support documentation of your life on your body as it goes on my first tattoo is the word misunderstood its a constant reminder of how I felt when I was younger growing up in a religious freak home that didn't look at fact or logic. I love that tattoo more then my other 2 tattoos which are elaborate art works and take up much larger space, tattoos is a way to mark yourself as a individual which I think is key in anyone's life.
    So yes you are 16 and want a tattoo but do u want it in a place u cant cover Up Easily? Will I regret it? Is my artists good or do I have a untrained eye? How will it positively or negatively effect my life? All questions u shld ask yourself before I have already pretty much made the decision to be a tattooed person tho none of them are in visible places when im fully dressed but they do cover a large amount of real estate im for it but make sure u want it and not think u want it

• It depends how the parents are

Some parents are over protected and some parents ain't,i live with my grandmother and she is letting me get one and im only 15 years old.In my opinon it all depends on how the parents are if they say yes then go ahead and if they say no im pretty sure people can wait till their 18.

• We can be our self's

We can be us. What's wrong with that. It's our body's and if we want to get a tattoo or a pierce and we should. I'm 14 I want one but can no because we have to be 18. The first amendment states freedom of expression and that's how it should be

• Yes people that are under age should be allowed to get tattoos

Everybody is in charge of their own bodies and nobody should be able to stop anyone from expressing themselves. Tattoos can be an escape for certain people. They can hold a special meaning or symbol towards them. Underage people can even emancipate; which means being able to maintain themselves why not be able to get a damn tattoo?!

• People under the age of 18 years should not be permitted to get a tattoo.

Many people often forget that when you get a tattoo, you can NOT donate blood to patients suffering blood loss of some sort. Tattoos also harm your body and people often regret getting a tattoo at such a young age with such little meaning to themselves. If children under the age of 18 years want a tattoo, I don't see why they can't wait until they are older if they want the tattoo so much. It will stay with you for the rest of your life, constantly reminding you of your stupidity, brashness and impulsive decisions. SAY NO TO TATTOOS!

• Way too young!

You don't know what you want that young and knowing how it can impact your life. You need to make sure that you know what the consequences are could/going to be in the future, including getting a job. Not a lot of jobs will take people that have them. At 18, you know what can happen if you get one, like not getting a job for example. Also, you need to make sure that you don't regret your decision on getting one. They hurt a lot more to be removed, and they don't always get completely removed. You can be yourself and make the decision, but make sure that you at least 18 because you do and should know what it could impact on your life later. You are also growing and by the time that you are finished, it could be stretched out and there is nothing that can be done about it. At that young of an age, you preferences change and something that you like 16 can change when you hit 18. I have been thinking about getting one for 2 years and what I wanted before has changed into something else than what I originally wanted to get in the first place.

• No, children under 18 years old should not be allowed to get a tattoo

No, children under 18 years old should not be allowed to get a tattoo for two reasons. First, anyone under 18 years old typically cannot enter into a legally binding contract because of their age. Another reason why they shouldn’t be allowed to get a tattoo is because of parental consent. They are still minors and not allowed to do certain things without their parents’ approval.

• No, individuals under 18 should not be permitted to get tattoos

No, individuals under 18 should not be permitted to get tattoos. That Sponge Bob Square Pants or Buttercup (from the Power Puff Girls) sure seems like a cool idea when youre 15, but 10 years later... not so much. If your over 18 and choose to get a bad tattoo you are of age and can legitimately shoulder that choice all on your own.

• No one should ever get Tattoos!

• They are still minor, not adult (18) yet.
    • At a young age, having less experience, people do certain things that they regret later.
    • A tattoo is, and before creating anything permanent on the body one should consult a matured individual, preferably an adult in their household.
    • Tattoos can cause skin cancer or other skin diseases.
    • Looks very unprofessional and in many places they can lose employment offers.

• People under the age of 18 are to immature

In my opinion of this argument citizens under the age of 18 should not be allowed to receive a tattoo as in my opinion and through my experience i have decided they are too immature, i have met a number of teenagers who want to get a tattoo and even a few parents who want tattoos on their underage children but the majority of the tattoos they want are immature silly and they will likely seriously regret them when they are older if they were to get them. I understand not all teenagers are immature and not all teenagers wanting a tattoo are immature but through my experience and what seems to be a majority of them are immature and shouldn't be allowed to get a tattoo until they are older and their brains are more evelved and they have matured more

• Adult repent of adolescent decisions

Important that they have clear what they want, because as adults they can repent, then the best solution would be to put an age limit where the person is mature enough to where they may choose to put it, they are satisfied that really, IS WHAT THEY WANT!! Limit age at 21.

• Be an individual and say NO

Being young there are so any other things in life to worry about and having a tatt does not make you an individual or express your creativity it merely portrays an image that will definitely regret in the years to follow and can restrict your employment choices. By all means have one when you are older and it has more meaning for you.

• There are exceptions!

My grandma was my best friend and just recently passed the only way I could cope was to get a tattoo to remind me she is always with me even when I don't have something of hers. I am 16 and I know I will not regret my decision. I paid for my tattoo and it was done sanitary. Its very beautiful and I love it.

• Way too young!

If you have to nag your parent(s)/guardian(s) for permission/consent and have them to fill out paperwork for a tattoo, then you are still too young to get one. Wait until you are in your 20's or older, that way if they complain about your tattoo you can say you are an adult and can make your own decisions.