Should people under the age of 18 be allowed to marry?

• Yes, if they are mature

There should be an assessment test for anyone who is marrying for the 1st time (measuring foresight and independent judgement) and if you pass the assessment you should be allowed to marry. Foresight means the ability to predict and how you can judge what's in the future and whether you will regret those marriages or not. But definitely not under 15.

• With Parental Permission

People under the age of 18 should be allowed to marry with parental permission or with permission of the courts. Liberated teens have certain rights under the law. Special circumstances would need legal permission from local courts in order to marry. In most states, children 16 and older can be married with parental consent. Otherwise, 18 is fine for everyone.

• Yes and no.

If the person under 18 is pregnant than I support it but in any other situation I do not. I think people should at least be 18 because then they are a point where they can start to support themselves and provide for one another without worrying about money and their family.

• I believe they should

Think about it this way: As another person said, some people know who they want to marry before they are 18, and if they wait, something may happen to make this impossible. But I DO NOT believe that parents should have the right to force their children into marriage. I believe that children should have a choice to get married as long as both parties of the marriage have gotten parental permission.

• I believe they should

• 15 and up

I feel like if your 14 or 15 you should be able to get married. I feel like the age of consent should be 14. A lot of people wont live to 18, ad they want to get married and its unfair for them. No matter the sexuality, they should be able to get married.

• Yes i do

FfkhfuhewhRFOIWEYH GUFbaKFeggEUTIGWEI VH E HGFUKEWTUFGIZV V JGJG JGKHGK GJGK J KG KJGM GJ GH GJH GHKGK GHK G G G G G G GG GG G G G GGGGGGGGGGGGG G G G G G G GGG GG G G GG G G G G G G G G G G

• It should be allowed

Teens between the ages of 15-17 already found the person they want to marry and that will not change their mind no matter how hard to try to do so. Grant it there is bad side effects to it but your forgetting the greatest side effect of all, love and happiness. We all heard about the side effects that are bad but there are some that are the greatest side effects of all and like I said you can't change a teen mind that easy. Let the person who they love so much marry them. It should be allowed in the states because everyone have a dream and we are the land of dreams.

• It should be allowed

• It should be allowed

• I don't think so.

I don't think someone under the age of 18 should be allowed to marry, partly because of the fact children cannot even have sex until 18 (in most places) so seeing them married would be ironic, that's just the beginning though.

Children under the age of 18 are NOT developed enough to make an informed decision that could influence their lives forever, sure there will be the odd couple married under 18 that will be happy for the rest of their lives but what about the other kids?

People under the age of 18 don't fully understand marriage, relationships or the world yet. They could be paying alamony or child support before they even leave highschool because of messy divorce, can you seriously justify that?

Kids are just that, kids. Until you can move out and take care of yourself and have a career you shouldn't even consider the possibility of marriage, people that aren't even deemed by the government as "educated" should NOT be allowed to sign a contract that can negatively influence their life forever.

• People under the age of 18 should not be allowed to marry.

People under the age of 18 should not be allowed to marry because they are too young. Marriage is a serious commitment and people who are immature should not take such a serious step in their lives. It is necessary for consensual adults to make the decision to get married or not.

• No,it should be outlawed

Child marriage has brought several severe negative effect to our children .1.It threaten the health and life of girls.Complications from pregnancy and child birth are the main cause of death among adolescent girls below the age of 19.Pregnant girls age from 15 to 19 are twice as likely to die in child birth.

• This purely taking advantage

Come on guys,i do not understand the yes said,but it's obviously that children can't commit any serious relationship such as marriage because they still have to live under parents circumstances.Marriage is only for an mature adults who graduate from university and have their own wage and be independent of their own.

• I disagree with

Child marriage is heavily condemn by UNICEF organisation and they try to figure it out how to stop this.According to UNICEF says that Child marriage is one form of child sexual abuse,since children aren't mentally and physically mature to be a parents of a child.They have to help themselve.IT should.

• It's far too young

Young people are still developing in so many ways, how can they make a desicion about who they want to spend the rest of their life with. Research shows that the younger a person is at marriage the greater chance of the marriage ending in divorce and the greater chance that children will be involved and become a part of a broken family.

• No it's irresponsible.

If they honestly truly loved each other they could wait till their of age.

Also, later in life they could meet someone who they have more things in common with or a better connection with.

Just wait till your ready with no doubt in mind that this is really what you want to do.

• No, it's immature

If they truly love each other they should be able to wait until they're older why should they jump into this type of commitment when they're still so young. Right now it feels like they love each other but what if a year into they're marriage they meet someone else and realize the huge mistake they've made.

• Pipuoi iuig hvtyed rzaeueye td rdzz rsts ttdtt td tre td ttdttd

These days teens tend to start their sexual lifes (just like I am) at a very young age (according to this fallen, morally poor society we live in). I stand strong for young men and women who are looking for their lifetime spouse and I am looking forward to the day I'll marry as well. God bless the relationships in Christ.