Should people use animals for their purposes, if it means the endangerment of fauna?

• Animals are sub-human therefore do not deserve rights.

I believe that animals are not on the same level of as humans in that they do not have the mental capacity that us humans do. I do believe in using animals for our own good. But if they are endangered then so be it, it is for the betterment of humans and all that is righteous and eternally great.

• What do you consider yourself?

I hate to tell all of you who feel like because you're a human, your significantly superior to every other living being on earth, but humans are animals. Humans fall into the category of mammals. That's common knowledge (I hope). And if this is so, why is it okay to harm an animal for your gain or benefit, yet it is against the law as well as the standards of society to harm another human. I am not saying we should not be able to eat animals, because that is way the natural world works and always has (however the way we eat animals now is entirely wasteful and unnatural). Why do domesticated animals such as dogs, have more rights than animals in the wild (who are not endangered)? What determined the scale of what is more important than others.. Why is it humans, domesticated animals, endangered species, and then others. There is no significant difference. And for those of you who think you are more important to the world than a species of insect, if that insect died out, it would effect it's entire food chain, killing off other species and accelerating the growth of others, effecting more food chains (within the food web), eventually becoming detrimental to the food chain us humans feed off of. EVERY BEING MATTERS.

• No, it's immoral.

People should never use animals for their purposes, even if it doesn't mean the endangerment of fauna. Even though so many people claim to love domestic animals, they even use them for their own purposes, by over feeding them and then leaving the animal to deal with the health consequences. There needs to be a lot more support for animal rights, in general.

• No we should not.

Animals should be used for food. Other instances like shoes for alligators or furs or purses should cease. We do not want our animals becoming extinct. It is important to think ahead for the future. We have lost some really beautiful animals and I do not want that to continue to happen.

• No, we should not endanger our animals.

We should use animals for food. We should take only what we need and only that. People waste too much. I also believe the use of animal fur is horrible. Hunters tend to kill a deer for their horns, or a bear for its fur. They don't need the meat and if they keep hunting, the fauna (animals) will eventually become extinct.

• No. No no

It's horrible that anyone would answer yes to this? It's truly disgusting. There is nothing on this earth that deserves to go extinct because of greedy humans. We (humans) have no right to rid this world of any of it's inhabitants. We live on this earth as they do. They have just as much right to it as we. My heart drops whenever I hear about an animal going extinct because of human selfishness.

• No, it's immoral.