• They should be allowed.

People in the coldest climates depend on fur to stay alive, and not allowing them to stay warm is just not reasonable. Would you, animal lovers, being kept from eating your salad because a crazy plant lover says it is cruel to kill them? What would you do if others were keeping you from feeding your children?

Posted by: Rafe
  • I believe people need fur in cold climates

I don't wear animal fur but I definently believe people in cold climates need it I don't see why celebrities need it so much though. Most animals in for farms are tortured for their fur and even skinned alive in China all for fashion! People in cold climates need fur not celebrities and start killing the animals much more humanely.

• Yes everyone should!

First, it is extremly warm. Second, it's very soft. Third, it is much mjch warmer and softer than faux furs. Fourth, you can use the rest of the animal its meat and many other different things. Fith, people who get the fur shouldn't be punished because it creates jobs and helps the economy. Also, they won't freeze to death because chances are very high that the animal will be killed, which is good because it wouldn't die a slow and horrible death, and we would get meat and other things.

• They're already endangered, why are we making it worse?

As if killing them with pollution and habitat loss wasn't enough, celebrities sport the fur of dead animals without giving it a second thought. Why should they, when there are perfectly fine synthetic options available? It makes sense for people living in mountain cultures where the long standing custom has been to use fur, as well as the rest of the animal, to keep from freezing to death, but as a human whim for the purpose of fashion, it is ultimately unacceptable. Even if people don't understand, the day will come when the animals we slaughter for fur will all be extinct, and we will only have ourselves to blame.

• Yes it is fine

If people kill animals for food why does it matter that those people are killing them for clothes. People should realise that animal fur could keep a poor person warm because if they saw an animal they would kill it clean it and then rap it around them or their baby/child . What would you want people dying of frostbite in country's that can't afford any blankets

• Yes it is fine

• They Should Not Wear Fur

First of all, poaching is illegal( though it still goes on) and fur hunting is basically poaching which means that that is hypocritical. And also going along with that, this is sending out a wrong message that fashion is above our morals and values. And there are so many alternatives to fur such as synthetic and wool these can keep you just as warm. And this fur is a want not need. So this is what I think, please respond if you have a rebuttal.

• In some cases, yes, it should be allowed.

People in cold climates should be able to wear fur coats to keep themselves warm. Real fur as a fashion though, shouldn't be allowed. Some people though need to wear fur so they don't get hypothermia outside! Also, in the meat industry it would be okay to make fur, as it would be wasteful to only use one part of the animal (some of the meat) instead of making as much use as possible for the animal's death.

• Yes, in some instances, animal fur is okay.

While a lot of us would agree that wearing animal fur like chinchilla and mink is wasteful and inhumane, some animal pelts might be left over as a by product of the meat industry (like fleece, yak pelts, cow hide, and rabbit pelts). It seems wasteful to throw these products away, so it would make sense that in some cases, and some cultures, these by products can be used to make useful products, rather than being wasted.

• Peoples could wear animal fur

If it doesn't matter for killing animal for meat, why does it matter in killing animals for clothes? Peoples don't only use animal fur for clothes. They also use them for the cold weather. Peoples living in cold areas need to wear warm clothes to survive the cold. And if the animal is dead for meat, why do you waste the fur? If we use fake fur for clothes, we could also pollute the land. So I think if we have to waste the oil for fake fur, it is better to use animal fur.

• I believe fur really goes to show how downright evil, petty, and vile some people truly are.

First off, let me clarify a few things:

I do not mind fur in places where people legitimately need it and they can't get coats like we have. Secondly, I do not mind thrift store fur. After all, if you're buying something second hand you're truly not playing any part in the suffering of animals. You're just simply furthermore making use of it.

Otherwise however, fur is absolutely disgusting. And the worst part is that people who wear fur don't have an actual legitimate argument, they just have excuses. I don't have enough room to bring up ever single issue though, so I'll focus specifically on fur versus meat:

I'm a vegetarian, and one shallow argument these people like to make is that since a lot of people eat meat, they have no place to argue against fur. They're both terrible, but the main difference between the two is that choosing not to support factory farming takes a lot of will power and choices that will completely change how you live your life, meanwhile choosing not to support fur will call for very little changes.

Craving?

How hungry are you for meat? Oh, all the time? Well, imagine cutting that out of your diet for the rest of your life. Already I'm sure it becomes quite clear how different the two are. I doubt that anyone who wears fur has a craving for it even 1/10th of what a meat eater has for meat. So, there. Already it's clear that choosing not to eat meat requires a lot more will power.

Enjoy your options!

Go ahead, go visit 10 random restaurants and tell me how many options you'd have left if you were to become a vegetarian. Yet again, I'm sure it becomes clear how much of a sacrifice choosing not to eat meat requires. Not only do you have to stop eating meat, but your options are also cut down to 1/4th of what they used to be. Fur? Hah, these people probably don't even lose even a measly 5% of their options, and these 5% measly options aren't over something like meat which they can crave.

Meat is everywhere!

It's unavoidable at every single corner and we are raised eating meat. Not only is it something that's hard to get out of, but it's also something that's practically enforced upon us when we're younger. Once again, I bring up the craving argument due to the promotion. Fur? It's not everywhere, so these people don't really have the entirety of society promoting them to do the worse thing.

Sacrifice:

Choosing not to eat living creatures is a gigantic sacrifice that completely changes your eating habits for the rest of your life, meanwhile choosing not to wear fur almost calls for absolutely no sacrifice. If these people want to wear a fur coat without harming any animals, then it's not like they have to completely give fur up; they can always just buy thrift fur.

• Hinging on the word "should", then no.

Using any definition of the word should, no we should not wear fur.
    But we can if we want to.

The problem arises in the fur industry, as any industry tends towards greed and waste.

A person should be able to wear fur if he wants to, but there shouldn't be any obligation, as that would be ridiculous.

• Human animal cruelty

Humans should stop wearing fur. For one, this type of clothing does not help the animals at all. This type of act is already cruelty. This fashion sense is just to support the crave of people for unique fashion. And since it is not a NEED then this is cruelty in its simplest form.

• Killing of an animal for fashion?

Let me start by saying I do NOT mean it is wrong for people who live in climates where they need it for clothing/warmth. But here in the U.S. And the like only use it for fashion. Killing animals for fashion is wrong.

I believe animals need more protection of their rights as they DO have them, and using them for the point of fashion is not right.

• I don't think so.

Human's science technology is improved a lot.
    We don't need animal fur to keep us warm.
    People wear animal fur for only their fashion.
    Think in this way.
    You are very peaceful and happy.
    Suddenly, giants come and kill you for your fur.
    And they need your fur for only fashion, not for survive.
    It's so cruel, isn't it?
    So we should stop killing animals for their fur.

• I don't think people should wear animal fur.

In winter, what do you usually wear? Many people wear parka or thick coat. However do we have to wear animal fur? I don't think so. Let's talk about it.

Firstly, we don't need animal fur to keep us warm.
    As you know, humans technology improve.
    So, we have many materials that keep us warm like fake fur.
    So, I don't think we have to wear animal fur for keep us warm.

Secondly, we wear animal fur for only fashion.
    As I said, we don't need animal fur to keep us warm.
    Then, why we wear it?
    It's because of fashion.
    Many animals are killed for their fur.
    But, we don't need animal fur to survive any more.
    So, I think killing the animals for fur is definitely wrong.

Finally, because of humans, some animals are in endangerment.
    They are dying just because of humans avarice.
    Think about this way.
    Suddenly, many giants came to our city and killed us for skin?
    And they use our skin for only fashion?
    How would you feel?
    Before we do something, we have to change the situation and think.

For these reasons, I think people should not wear animal fur.

• People shouldn't wear animals fur.

Its to cruel to kill animals to stay warm. Animals have precious lives as same as humans. KIllinf them and destroy their lives are to cruel behavior. We should protect it, not destroy it. Also some people think animals fur are fashionish than aother clothes. However, there are many kinds of clothes that didn't use animals fur to be a fashion star. Therefore I disagree to wear animals fur.

• People should't wear animal fur.

It's to cruel to kill animals for us to be warm. Animals have their own precious lives. I think we should protect their lives, not kill their. Some people think they can be more fashionish if they wear animal's fur. However, we don't need animal fur to be fashionish. We can be a fashion star not using animals life. Therefore, I think we shouldn't wear animals fur

• Peoplw should not wear animal fur

I think it's too curel to kill animals for us to be warm. Animals life is important as same as humans life. We should protect their lives, not kill it. Also we don't have to wear fur for good fashion and to be warm during winter. Other fashionish clothes are so many clothes in the world. Therefore, I think we should't wear animals fur

• No, I don't think so.

People use fur with many problems. Because of making clothes, and design new fashions. But this is extremely to our animals and there can be a big differences of the animal food chain. One day, these animals will extinct because people kill too much animals :( And all the animals have feelings. And animals are not smarter than humans, but animals are living creatures like us. So we need to protect the animals like ours doing. Second, animals can have families, But when the families are killed, they cannot survive. So we need to reduce killing animals for making clothes or wearing animal furs. And third, When it goes like this, almost all animals and plants will die. And the food chain of survivals will all vasebreak!!! So when all the animals die, we can't live, too. We can't eat delicious meat and vegetables. Now, we need to stop killing animals because of clothes or fashion.

2Niquers2 says2013-09-15T19:22:46.843
"Should?" No it is a chose, but I think that if you are hunting animals none of it should go to waste or else there is no reason to kill that animal.
Craighawley215 says2014-06-05T18:48:48.927
To those who are protesting fur on the basis that it is cruel to animals, I can assure you that there are far worse practices than the fur industry.