• They should be allowed.

People in the coldest climates depend on fur to stay alive, and not allowing them to stay warm is just not reasonable. Would you, animal lovers, being kept from eating your salad because a crazy plant lover says it is cruel to kill them? What would you do if others were keeping you from feeding your children?

Posted by: Rafe
  • I believe people need fur in cold climates

I don't wear animal fur but I definently believe people in cold climates need it I don't see why celebrities need it so much though. Most animals in for farms are tortured for their fur and even skinned alive in China all for fashion! People in cold climates need fur not celebrities and start killing the animals much more humanely.

• They're already endangered, why are we making it worse?

As if killing them with pollution and habitat loss wasn't enough, celebrities sport the fur of dead animals without giving it a second thought. Why should they, when there are perfectly fine synthetic options available? It makes sense for people living in mountain cultures where the long standing custom has been to use fur, as well as the rest of the animal, to keep from freezing to death, but as a human whim for the purpose of fashion, it is ultimately unacceptable. Even if people don't understand, the day will come when the animals we slaughter for fur will all be extinct, and we will only have ourselves to blame.

• Animals are endangered enough.

There are enough animal predators out there. Why should we make it worst? Most of the time when humans take the animal skin, they just leave the rest of the parts there to rot. How cruel is that? If there is faux fur, why can't we use it. You can hardly tell the difference.

• Yes it is fine

If people kill animals for food why does it matter that those people are killing them for clothes. People should realise that animal fur could keep a poor person warm because if they saw an animal they would kill it clean it and then rap it around them or their baby/child . What would you want people dying of frostbite in country's that can't afford any blankets

• Yes it is fine

• They Should Not Wear Fur

First of all, poaching is illegal( though it still goes on) and fur hunting is basically poaching which means that that is hypocritical. And also going along with that, this is sending out a wrong message that fashion is above our morals and values. And there are so many alternatives to fur such as synthetic and wool these can keep you just as warm. And this fur is a want not need. So this is what I think, please respond if you have a rebuttal.

• In some cases, yes, it should be allowed.

People in cold climates should be able to wear fur coats to keep themselves warm. Real fur as a fashion though, shouldn't be allowed. Some people though need to wear fur so they don't get hypothermia outside! Also, in the meat industry it would be okay to make fur, as it would be wasteful to only use one part of the animal (some of the meat) instead of making as much use as possible for the animal's death.

• Yes, in some instances, animal fur is okay.

While a lot of us would agree that wearing animal fur like chinchilla and mink is wasteful and inhumane, some animal pelts might be left over as a by product of the meat industry (like fleece, yak pelts, cow hide, and rabbit pelts). It seems wasteful to throw these products away, so it would make sense that in some cases, and some cultures, these by products can be used to make useful products, rather than being wasted.

• I believe fur really goes to show how downright evil, petty, and vile some people truly are.

First off, let me clarify a few things:

I do not mind fur in places where people legitimately need it and they can't get coats like we have. Secondly, I do not mind thrift store fur. After all, if you're buying something second hand you're truly not playing any part in the suffering of animals. You're just simply furthermore making use of it.

Otherwise however, fur is absolutely disgusting. And the worst part is that people who wear fur don't have an actual legitimate argument, they just have excuses. I don't have enough room to bring up ever single issue though, so I'll focus specifically on fur versus meat:

I'm a vegetarian, and one shallow argument these people like to make is that since a lot of people eat meat, they have no place to argue against fur. They're both terrible, but the main difference between the two is that choosing not to support factory farming takes a lot of will power and choices that will completely change how you live your life, meanwhile choosing not to support fur will call for very little changes.

Craving?

How hungry are you for meat? Oh, all the time? Well, imagine cutting that out of your diet for the rest of your life. Already I'm sure it becomes quite clear how different the two are. I doubt that anyone who wears fur has a craving for it even 1/10th of what a meat eater has for meat. So, there. Already it's clear that choosing not to eat meat requires a lot more will power.

Enjoy your options!

Go ahead, go visit 10 random restaurants and tell me how many options you'd have left if you were to become a vegetarian. Yet again, I'm sure it becomes clear how much of a sacrifice choosing not to eat meat requires. Not only do you have to stop eating meat, but your options are also cut down to 1/4th of what they used to be. Fur? Hah, these people probably don't even lose even a measly 5% of their options, and these 5% measly options aren't over something like meat which they can crave.

Meat is everywhere!

It's unavoidable at every single corner and we are raised eating meat. Not only is it something that's hard to get out of, but it's also something that's practically enforced upon us when we're younger. Once again, I bring up the craving argument due to the promotion. Fur? It's not everywhere, so these people don't really have the entirety of society promoting them to do the worse thing.

Sacrifice:

Choosing not to eat living creatures is a gigantic sacrifice that completely changes your eating habits for the rest of your life, meanwhile choosing not to wear fur almost calls for absolutely no sacrifice. If these people want to wear a fur coat without harming any animals, then it's not like they have to completely give fur up; they can always just buy thrift fur.

• Hinging on the word "should", then no.

Using any definition of the word should, no we should not wear fur.
    But we can if we want to.

The problem arises in the fur industry, as any industry tends towards greed and waste.

A person should be able to wear fur if he wants to, but there shouldn't be any obligation, as that would be ridiculous.

• Human animal cruelty

Humans should stop wearing fur. For one, this type of clothing does not help the animals at all. This type of act is already cruelty. This fashion sense is just to support the crave of people for unique fashion. And since it is not a NEED then this is cruelty in its simplest form.

• Killing of an animal for fashion?

Let me start by saying I do NOT mean it is wrong for people who live in climates where they need it for clothing/warmth. But here in the U.S. And the like only use it for fashion. Killing animals for fashion is wrong.

I believe animals need more protection of their rights as they DO have them, and using them for the point of fashion is not right.

• Stop killing animals

Firstly, I think animals should not be killed and their fur is used for cloths.
    Secondly, if you cut off their fur they could freeze to death and also it's very sad why do people do it.
    And finally, I think people who do it should be punished and should go to jail for six years

• Stop killing animals

• Why would you wear fur?

Let me ask you a simple question, why would you wear fur? Because it's the latest trend? Because it looks good? Because it's high in fashion?
    I feel that it is cruel to use animal fur as clothing. First they catch the animals with traps that severely injures them, then (along with 800 other animals) brought in a truck to a fur farm, being treated like trash. After they are skinned alive, once the fur is all off they are thrown into a pile of animals which have already been skinned. So if you still feel to wear fur you belong with the animal cruelty.

• Stop wearing innocent animals

It is beyond cruel and disrespectful. If you have pets, just think of it as you wearing them... Would you? How would you like it if animals started wearing humans (if it was possible)? Would you like to be stuffed in a small wire cage with others? Do you want to be killed by having your neck being stepped on, electrocuted, bludgeoned, suffocate in a gas chamber, or skinned alive? Think about it... SERIOUSLY!

Posted by: lg
  • Not like this.

I understand people who are wearing furs for their warmth in really cold place, you know. But in u.s. or other warm places that you can spend the winter warm enough with a single coat? I disagree to wear them. Minks or angora rabbits have their feelings too, and ignoring them? I don't think that is right. When I heard the thing about that rabbits scream when they got their skin cut when they are alive, it broke my heart in to pieces. Don't you think they are so little and adorable to kill violently? I am not a vegeterian nor any member of the donation companies. However, I want you to at least think about them when you see the fur coats and imagine how did they died.

• Animal have their own rights whether giving human their fur or not

I believe animals made a very important life in nature, some people might think they just animals but they are more than that. They have family like anyone else, they learn to survive, love and loyal unlike human so evil and always does something wrong and think its cool to wear fur

Research this topic: Toronto
2Niquers2 says2013-09-15T19:22:46.843
"Should?" No it is a chose, but I think that if you are hunting animals none of it should go to waste or else there is no reason to kill that animal.