• They should be allowed.

People in the coldest climates depend on fur to stay alive, and not allowing them to stay warm is just not reasonable. Would you, animal lovers, being kept from eating your salad because a crazy plant lover says it is cruel to kill them? What would you do if others were keeping you from feeding your children?

Posted by: Rafe
  • I believe people need fur in cold climates

I don't wear animal fur but I definently believe people in cold climates need it I don't see why celebrities need it so much though. Most animals in for farms are tortured for their fur and even skinned alive in China all for fashion! People in cold climates need fur not celebrities and start killing the animals much more humanely.

• Yes everyone should!

First, it is extremly warm. Second, it's very soft. Third, it is much mjch warmer and softer than faux furs. Fourth, you can use the rest of the animal its meat and many other different things. Fith, people who get the fur shouldn't be punished because it creates jobs and helps the economy. Also, they won't freeze to death because chances are very high that the animal will be killed, which is good because it wouldn't die a slow and horrible death, and we would get meat and other things.

• They're already endangered, why are we making it worse?

As if killing them with pollution and habitat loss wasn't enough, celebrities sport the fur of dead animals without giving it a second thought. Why should they, when there are perfectly fine synthetic options available? It makes sense for people living in mountain cultures where the long standing custom has been to use fur, as well as the rest of the animal, to keep from freezing to death, but as a human whim for the purpose of fashion, it is ultimately unacceptable. Even if people don't understand, the day will come when the animals we slaughter for fur will all be extinct, and we will only have ourselves to blame.

• Yes it is fine

If people kill animals for food why does it matter that those people are killing them for clothes. People should realise that animal fur could keep a poor person warm because if they saw an animal they would kill it clean it and then rap it around them or their baby/child . What would you want people dying of frostbite in country's that can't afford any blankets

• Yes it is fine

• They Should Not Wear Fur

First of all, poaching is illegal( though it still goes on) and fur hunting is basically poaching which means that that is hypocritical. And also going along with that, this is sending out a wrong message that fashion is above our morals and values. And there are so many alternatives to fur such as synthetic and wool these can keep you just as warm. And this fur is a want not need. So this is what I think, please respond if you have a rebuttal.

• In some cases, yes, it should be allowed.

People in cold climates should be able to wear fur coats to keep themselves warm. Real fur as a fashion though, shouldn't be allowed. Some people though need to wear fur so they don't get hypothermia outside! Also, in the meat industry it would be okay to make fur, as it would be wasteful to only use one part of the animal (some of the meat) instead of making as much use as possible for the animal's death.

• Yes, in some instances, animal fur is okay.

While a lot of us would agree that wearing animal fur like chinchilla and mink is wasteful and inhumane, some animal pelts might be left over as a by product of the meat industry (like fleece, yak pelts, cow hide, and rabbit pelts). It seems wasteful to throw these products away, so it would make sense that in some cases, and some cultures, these by products can be used to make useful products, rather than being wasted.

• Peoples could wear animal fur

If it doesn't matter for killing animal for meat, why does it matter in killing animals for clothes? Peoples don't only use animal fur for clothes. They also use them for the cold weather. Peoples living in cold areas need to wear warm clothes to survive the cold. And if the animal is dead for meat, why do you waste the fur? If we use fake fur for clothes, we could also pollute the land. So I think if we have to waste the oil for fake fur, it is better to use animal fur.

• I believe fur really goes to show how downright evil, petty, and vile some people truly are.

First off, let me clarify a few things:

I do not mind fur in places where people legitimately need it and they can't get coats like we have. Secondly, I do not mind thrift store fur. After all, if you're buying something second hand you're truly not playing any part in the suffering of animals. You're just simply furthermore making use of it.

Otherwise however, fur is absolutely disgusting. And the worst part is that people who wear fur don't have an actual legitimate argument, they just have excuses. I don't have enough room to bring up ever single issue though, so I'll focus specifically on fur versus meat:

I'm a vegetarian, and one shallow argument these people like to make is that since a lot of people eat meat, they have no place to argue against fur. They're both terrible, but the main difference between the two is that choosing not to support factory farming takes a lot of will power and choices that will completely change how you live your life, meanwhile choosing not to support fur will call for very little changes.

Craving?

How hungry are you for meat? Oh, all the time? Well, imagine cutting that out of your diet for the rest of your life. Already I'm sure it becomes quite clear how different the two are. I doubt that anyone who wears fur has a craving for it even 1/10th of what a meat eater has for meat. So, there. Already it's clear that choosing not to eat meat requires a lot more will power.

Enjoy your options!

Go ahead, go visit 10 random restaurants and tell me how many options you'd have left if you were to become a vegetarian. Yet again, I'm sure it becomes clear how much of a sacrifice choosing not to eat meat requires. Not only do you have to stop eating meat, but your options are also cut down to 1/4th of what they used to be. Fur? Hah, these people probably don't even lose even a measly 5% of their options, and these 5% measly options aren't over something like meat which they can crave.

Meat is everywhere!

It's unavoidable at every single corner and we are raised eating meat. Not only is it something that's hard to get out of, but it's also something that's practically enforced upon us when we're younger. Once again, I bring up the craving argument due to the promotion. Fur? It's not everywhere, so these people don't really have the entirety of society promoting them to do the worse thing.

Sacrifice:

Choosing not to eat living creatures is a gigantic sacrifice that completely changes your eating habits for the rest of your life, meanwhile choosing not to wear fur almost calls for absolutely no sacrifice. If these people want to wear a fur coat without harming any animals, then it's not like they have to completely give fur up; they can always just buy thrift fur.

• Hinging on the word "should", then no.

Using any definition of the word should, no we should not wear fur.
    But we can if we want to.

The problem arises in the fur industry, as any industry tends towards greed and waste.

A person should be able to wear fur if he wants to, but there shouldn't be any obligation, as that would be ridiculous.

• Human animal cruelty

Humans should stop wearing fur. For one, this type of clothing does not help the animals at all. This type of act is already cruelty. This fashion sense is just to support the crave of people for unique fashion. And since it is not a NEED then this is cruelty in its simplest form.

• Killing of an animal for fashion?

Let me start by saying I do NOT mean it is wrong for people who live in climates where they need it for clothing/warmth. But here in the U.S. And the like only use it for fashion. Killing animals for fashion is wrong.

I believe animals need more protection of their rights as they DO have them, and using them for the point of fashion is not right.

• It's not ok!

The moment you buy real fur you're saying it's ok to make animals suffer. Half of the fur sold in the U.S comes from China where many animals are skinned alive. They stomp on their heads, throw them on the ground and are proud of their work.
    I think it's sick if you're proud of wearing real fur.
    Well, if you think you really need it and you can seriously make sure the animals you're wearing had a good life and were killed and skinned "correctly" (without suffering) then it's kind of fine to me.

• It's not ok!

• I Say No.

I don't think people should wear animal furs unless it is for their survival. In cold climates it may be more acceptable but in warm areas where people wear fur for looks, it is not. If you want to hear my opinion and my reasonings, visit my google blog at http://liamsanimalawarenesspage.blogspot.com

• Why people shouldn't wear animal fur. :D

Every single day animals are being treated poorly and killed on a fur farm. If you keep on killing animals for fur accessories and products, you may make these species extinct, even though some people may say real fur is warmer but that is not true anymore because there are many available alternatives than animal fur to keep us just as warm.
    Animal lives are important too. They deserve to be treated right at all times. Farm workers are brutally killing these animals by strangling them to death. Some are electrocuted. These animals have to go through brutal death just for the people who wanted fur products.
    Did you know that fake animal fur looks exactly like real animal fur? An article states that fake fur is made with thin pieces of plastic fibers and some are from different synthetic materials which would be a very good alternative to animal fur. Real animal fur are very costly and just think about what these animals have to go through. The only way of saving these animal from painful death is by buying the cheaper alternative products that do not involve animal cruelty. So next time you wanted that ostrich feathered jacket, think about these beautiful animals in the farm and what they have to go through.
    Many years ago, People used animal fur to keep themselves warm during snowy and cold weather. People in the cold states are used to wearing animal fur. A study says adults and children in cold places may get hypothermia just because they don't have enough warm clothing to keep themselves warm during cold season.
    Although, it is very important to wear something warm during cold weather, it is not necessary to wear animal fur for many reasons. Animal fur is very costly, these animals have to go through severe cruelty and some animals are now extinct because of these type of demands. We do not have to kill animals anymore because we now have access to other materials. We don't need to keep on killing animals to make expensive fur coats anymore. No animal should have go through this brutal death just for the sake of wearing fur jacket. We can wear fabulous fur products for cheaper prices that do not have to involved killing animals.
    Now, I want you to say NO to wearing animal fur!!

• No people should not be allowed to wear any fur!

Why would anyone in their right mind torture an animal to make themselves look good? What is wrong with this world! How dare silly little bimbos strut around in a dead animal’s fur thinking its ok? What about if the fur you were wearing was from your pet dog, would you agree with it still? Wake up and smell reality for gods sake!!!!!!!!!!I’ll tell you what, how about you let someone rip your skin off you? Id happily volunteer! Delusional! That’s what you monsters are…absolutely delusional!

• Animals Should not be Killed for the Sake of Fashion

In this modern day and age, we have access to other materials rather than real animal fur that will keep us warm. These materials are in fact cheaper as well, so people can afford them. The only reason someone nowadays might wear animal fur is to look cool, but most people do NOT think it looks cool. They agree with me. Why should an innocent wolf or leopard die so a few select people will look up to you, or you can feel cool, when there are plenty of other ways to achieve the same thing. :3 Thanks for reading my opinion!

2Niquers2 says2013-09-15T19:22:46.843
"Should?" No it is a chose, but I think that if you are hunting animals none of it should go to waste or else there is no reason to kill that animal.
Craighawley215 says2014-06-05T18:48:48.927
To those who are protesting fur on the basis that it is cruel to animals, I can assure you that there are far worse practices than the fur industry.