Should people who can't afford quality healthcare and education get quality healthcare and education for free?

Asked by: FT
  • According to the UN yes.

According to the UN's Universal Declaration of Human Rights, the answer is yes.

Refusing to give people health care, and education based on their income violates articles 2,25 sections 1 and 2, 26 section 1,

article 2:Everyone is entitled to all the rights and freedoms set forth in this Declaration, without distinction of any kind, such as race, color, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, property, birth or other status. Furthermore, no distinction shall be made on the basis of the political, jurisdictional or international status of the country or territory to which a person belongs, whether it be independent, trust, non-self-governing or under any other limitation of sovereignty.

Article 25:(1) Everyone has the right to a standard of living adequate for the health and well-being of himself and of his family, including food, clothing, housing and medical care and necessary social services, and the right to security in the event of unemployment, sickness, disability, widowhood, old age or other lack of livelihood in circumstances beyond his control.
    (2) Motherhood and childhood are entitled to special care and assistance. All children, whether born in or out of wedlock, shall enjoy the same social protection.

Article 26.

(1) Everyone has the right to education. Education shall be free, at least in the elementary and fundamental stages. Elementary education shall be compulsory. Technical and professional education shall be made generally available and higher education shall be equally accessible to all on the basis of merit.

Http://www.Un.Org/en/universal-declaration-human-rights/index.Html

• Yes I think so

I think so because people around the world are not as wealthy as people around them they try there hardest to get money and put a shelter over there head and food o there plates and when they look at other people working 1/12 as hard as them and are doing education having friends. These poor families are thing there hardest to do every thing and they should just be be able to addend school and doctor appointments free.

• Health and education

Is important. Just because they don’t have that much money, doesn’t mean they shouldn’t have health care or education. If they don’t get educated, they will not earn enough money so their kids won’t get educated and will not earn enough money and it will keep on like a spiral. Also if they do not get health care then they might catch an infectious disease and they will not be treated and someone else might be infected and the infection will spiral out of control

• Education Solves Problems

If education is beefed up for everyone- even if they typically couldn't afford it, then the world would be one heck of a better place. If we can get our poor to rise up and our rich to stay smart then we will have a great nation and world. If there's more education then people won't make stupid mistakes that we've made before and will also learn to defy cultural standards set for them, and will learn how to unify as one through our own opinions.

• Poor people (and rich people) just dont need any health care or an education.

Youve got to admit you dont need health care or education. I have got through life without going to school and I can form sentences just fine. I can read write and do anything I want. I have a good life living with my mother and writing comments on this website. Healthcare isnt required anyway. Actually its kind of important. I cant make my mind up. I like health but educations a no no. Thats why I want to vote no. Now im thinking about saying yes but actually no. So no. Thats my answer.

Posted by: sssb
  • There's much more to it than just being free

Of course I support that people should have access to quality healthcare and education for free. In some cases, yes this is important for a lot. In fact, a lot of poor families have access to free education. I have a free education and a good one too. In terms of healthcare, it's a little more difficult than just giving away healthcare for free. Maybe being able to pay less or get insurance is an option. But just having free healthcare is something that can affect peoples jobs and things like that. Finding people in the system that are poor, setting up their healthcare for them, that can be hard. It may get to the point where EVERYONE has free healthcare. All I'm saying is that it's more than just giving away things for free

• I can without healthcare and college just fine.

If you think even for a second that you have earned these luxuries in poverty, you are just a freeloading faggotnigger. The world can do without your useless pile of flesh just fine. I am against abortion, but I can't stand the sight of these damn fetuses getting what they haven't earned

Posted by: FT