• It's not fair and it ruins fun.

It doesn't make sense to me that people get arrested for just playing a game. What's next? Karaoke user get dragged to prison for singing one of their favorite songs, or someone being sued for reading a book out load without paying the author. All jokes aside, Downloading ROMS should not get somebody arrested because they are simply as I said just playing a game. Some people don't have the money to buy games from the producers and turn to this method to play the game anyway.
    Arresting people who download ROMS to me is just a stupid and pointless effort to fill up the jails. Rapists, Murderers, Drug Dealers and Terrorists should be the people occupying jails. Not people who download ROMS.

• Big companies can handle a small loss.

While it is true big companies such as Nintendo are losing a couple million on games that could be sold, how much more billions are they making on games that are legally sold? They can handle this loss. After all, they are one of the biggest companies in gaming. Why arrest someone for a download when you can arrest a rapist or a murderer? The downloader would be taking valuable prison space for an innocent crime.

• No, the crime itself is very vague

Take someone like me. I have bought Super Mario world time and time again. I swear I've spent $100 on that game. Do I own it now? Nope. I'm not paying for it again either. I think once you buy a game you should own the rights to it. These companies just swindle us by taking advantage of lost property.

• No, Internet shouldn't be policed

The Internet is tool of the younger generation to put their mark on history. With old politicians trying to put their two cents into a industry they know nothing about is absurd. If something is floating around out there and is downloaded it shouldn't be the down loader that is held responsible but the up loader who put the material up in the first place.

• No, they should not.

This is one of many minor infractions of archaic laws which needlessly fill prisons. We spend more money housing white collar criminals than we need to. While downloading copyrighted items is illegal, it is not a major crime and only deserves a fine at most (at no more than the cost of the item itself).

• No, they should not.