Should people who perform date rape acts be subject to torture?

• Yes, I think they should

The methods that other countries use have been lost on us. We should bring back the public canes and whipping, that way people would think twice about this method. Date rape is a disgusting method to get your jollys,but they should know that if you do it, you will pay.

• No, but I would not be opposed

I am not for torture by any means, but when someone does a heinous act such a date rape, I do not feel any pity for them. I never have and never will. You want to violate someone that badly and end up paying the repurcussions for it, I am not going to lose a second of sleep.

• We should not torture.

No, people who perform date rape acts should not be subject to torture, because we should not torture in our society. They deserve lengthy prison sentences for what they have done, but I do not think that society is helped at all by torturing people. We need to have just punishment in a civil society.

• Torture should not be an option for punishment of date rape or any other crime.

No one should ever be subject to torture. Torture is a violation of human rights and dignity, and it should never be used as punishment for criminal acts, including date rape. For a person convicted of committing date rape, a reasonable punishment would be a combination of jail time, restitution paid to the victim, community service and counseling.