Should personal devices be allowed in a classroom environment?

• Yes, personal devices should be allowed in a classroom.

I think having personal devices in class would be useful because it can be used as an educational learning device. As the personal devices are allowed throughout a national wide spread of educational value to boost there understanding in the lesson they are learning about in a environment they understand and can connect to.

• Yes they should

They should be allowed because they are cool and I like them. I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I

• Yes they should

• Yes they should

• Yes they should

• Schools spend less

Schools can spend less paying for the electricity that is charging iPad's or tablets or even having to spend money on for iPad's and tablets when kids are bringing theirs to school, meaning the school's can spend more on interactive activities such as field trips or guests coming in with expertise.

• Schools spend less

• Schools spend less

• Kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkm kkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkk

F u fu u f u f u f u f fuufu ufu u fuf uu fu uffu uf uffu fu u ffu f uf uf u fu fuf u fu fuf u fuf u fuf u fu fuf u fu fuf u fu fuf u fuf uf uf u fuf u fuf u

• Yes (from a network administrator...!)

We allow any devices on our campus.
    In order to connect to our WiFi (we are rural and have NO mobile data coverage for tablets or mobile phones) - the pupils have to enroll using our mobile management software.
    With integration to our School MIS; we can enable and disable apps and programs accessible to the pupil during lesson time to those the teachers feel are most useful for them.
    Coupled with a similar approach to web-filtering, we can ALL have the best of both worlds :)

• No, of course not.

If not because it's distracting, then because it's rude. Teachers and administrators work tirelessly on their often less than satisfactory incomes and restricted hours to provide the best education possible. Even if you claim that your personal device is being used for educational purposes, students will without a doubt abuse the privilege and not give their teachers the attention they deserve. If you use a personal device, not only are you not giving the teacher your attention, you are also depriving yourself of your own education.

• Not in my experience- too much abuse.

First, there is an unequal distribution problem. Only some students have smartphones or tablets, and it would give an unfair advantage in assignments.
    Second, for every one legitimate use of technology in the classroom, I have experienced twenty violations- texting, watching videos, cheating on tests, playing games. Phones and tablets are far more of a distraction than they are a help- it encourages students not to bother paying attention to their teachers and to not care if they disrupt those around them.
    Third, it actually serves as a crutch. If you are constantly using the internet to look things up, you never learn the material on your own. Then, when you have an exam or project where you cannot use the internet you have no ability to perform- you haven't actually LEARNED anything.

• Affects the student's concentration in class!

How many of you check every one minute or so if a new message has entered your mobile phone? How many of you spend more time on their cell phones than in doing your homework? Maybe you do not realize it but, most of you are dependent of their iphones, tablets, ipods...
    Having a personal device in a classroom environment decreases the ability of the student to concentrate as he/she wonders:"Why isn't he/she replying me? Does he/she no longer loves me?"... And so on and the student come back to school the other day with the homework undone as he did not hear what the teacher said to do. It is true that personal devices can be used as a learning device but simultaneously, these devices may in the long run become a distraction in class and instead of learning, you yearn for your iphone.

• Posted by: Damian494 Report Post Like ReplyChallenge 0 1

Posted by: Damian494
    Report Post

Like ReplyChallenge

0

1

Kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkm kkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkk F u fu u f u f u f u f fuufu ufu u fuf uu fu uffu uf uffu fu u ffu f uf uf u fu fuf u fu fuf u fuf u fuf u fu fuf u fu fuf u fu fuf u fuf uf uf u fuf u fuf u

Report Post

Like Reply

0

0

Yes (from a network administrator...!) We allow any devices on our campus.

Posted by: chrisk.999
    Report Post

Like ReplyChallenge

0

0

Yeah of course I think that students should be able to bring personal devices to school because first, it could be used to research information, Personal devices equals more responsible, it is more organize if all the homework and documents are in one devices, there are limitless websites to choose from, lastly, its fun to use.

Starting from my first point, students can use the personal device as a tool to research information about a project or homework. Yeah I know that some immature students use that time to fool around, text and play but that a risk that teachers need to take. Why waste 5-10 minutes to turn on a computer instead of turning on a ipod or phone with a click of a button. This helps researching faster to get the information faster. Plus personal devices are usually faster the computers and less laggy

Second point, Personal devices equals responsible, if a parent knows there child properly , they know that their kid is responsible to carry a personal device. If not, wait a few more years. With a personal device, they care about the device more then anything. Making sure it does not get lost.

Third point, it is more organize if all the homework and documents are in one devices. With personal devices, students can store homework and documents to show the teacher without writing the work in paper and pencil. Doing the homework the old fashion makes the work easy to lose, while with personal devices, they can store the work on the internet and simply give it to the teacher without that silly excuses of "my dog ate my homework" or " I forgot it at home". With personal devices teacher knows if students did or did not finish there homework without wasting time.

Third point, There are limitless websites. In many schools, Schools block websites like drugs. In grade 6 or 7 (don't remember) students need to choose a drug

• It is not good!

Teacher without that silly excuses of "my dog ate my homework" or " I forgot it at home". With personal devices teacher knows if students did or did not finish there homework without wasting time.

Third point, There are limitless websites. In many schools, Schools block websites like drugs. In grade 6 or 7 (don't remember) students need to choose a drug and research about it. But if schools block, they cannot find any information on there topic and waste time trying to find the right website. With personal devices, they can choose many websites to help assist there homework

Last point, its fun to use. At students free time they can go on there personal devices to play. If students are tired and does not want to go outside, they can play on their personal

• Personal devices should not be allowed in a classroom environment.

Personal devices should not be allowed in a classroom environment. The use of these devices only distract in a classroom setting. I believe they should be left at home in the first place because not only are they distracting but they get lost and stolen which adds more burden to teachers and staff at the school.

• No of course not!

Devices come with many distractions and should not be allowed in a classroom environment. From the teachers view its frustrating because the students are not paying any attention and are focused on texting, social networks, and internet. But from the students point of view its fun; really your just taking-away-your-education!

• Its all about anxiety vs control

Nowadays teenagers have thier small world.. They like indoor activities like watsapp conversation , being social on networking site ,,,, etc for dem classroom and bathroom doesnt matter .
    If anyone want to take personal devices to the school due to safety point , they must give devices to teacher becoz while in school they are not dat in danger, before leaving school they can have it from their teachers..
    Everyone knows that students dont take personal devices to d classroom to explore the lesson or subject anyway...
    """ they just dont have patience """

• It will divert student's attention to his personal devices.

Using a device in a classroom for whatever reasons will direct attention to that object which will eventually lead distraction. If a student, for example, uses his cellphone to search in the internet for an information, he will get distracted from the class. What should be done rather is that if a student don't know an information mentioned by the teacher, then he should write in a paper and search it after the class so that he can fully listen to the teacher. Those personal devices will just affect the environment of the classroom as students will be diverted to their devices.

• We Were Allowed To Have Them My Senior Year

And froma studen't standpoint, it was great. But it was absolutely a distraction. Speaking for myself, I can sum it up in one word PINTEREST, the monarch of internet time suckage. I often found myself opening up PInterest when we were told to be researching this or that. Many of my classmates would spend time on Twitter to catch up on the latest cyber catfight instead of working on assignments.