• Snakes Are Dangerous!

There are other reasons to be afraid of snakes than that one of them could be Satan in disguise, although that would be a great reason if it were actually possible. There are pet owners who are too irresponsible to keep even a gaping-mouthed, lethal, possibly-poisonous, speedy, creepy and durable reptiles that have even more vertebrae than they do in tightly closed cages. Some are boa constrictors and will choke you, some are poisonous, such as vipers or rattlesnakes, and some will just plain eat you. According to www.Bbc.Co.Uk/2/hi/south_asia/5314104.Stm, More people have died of snakebites in India than in any other country in the world. If they escape from their cages, there's no telling what hey could do besides kill their owners. After eating someone, they can infect groups of people with the bacteria that were all over their bodies by spreading them by hissing. If they become road kill, their fangs may damage car tires or even become stuck in the tires. Also, when kids are climbing trees, they may stumble upon a branch that's actually a camouflaged snake. These children are also likely to be very, very young and impressionable, so they will probably attack the snakes instead of heading in the opposite direction. This would give the snake enough time to kill them. Some of these snakes may also have once been pet snakes. The bottom line is, I think pet snakes were a bad idea from the start.

• Snakes are harmless,,

What many people said here is totally wrong. .. They have stupid thought that snakes harm people ,, it's not true snakes harm people only when people harm them.. Even people having dogs and cats often get bitten by them in that case even the dogs and cats are harmful creatures right.. Y do u people still have them as pets?? One of the loveliest creation by god are snakes.. Wake up guys and be practical

• Snakes Are Dangerous!

There are other reasons to be afraid of snakes than because one of them could be Satan in disguise, although that would be a great reason if it were actually possible. Some people are actually scared of them because they can kill you. Even some of the little ones can do that. Some are poisonous and bite you, some are boa constrictors or pythons and will squeeze you to death, and some will just plain devour you. Plus, not every parent is attentive enough to notice their kids' irresponsibility. And some people are just too irresponsible to keep even a serpent in its cage. Unsupervised animals in open cages can escape very easily.

• Gross and stuff

Ew. Snakes r yuk yuk and they live in jungls no homes. They no good and blah. Slimed make me sad. And they r big and like to kill. They no cute they ugly they fat they slimy they big they small they no good that why
    Sined,
    Smart n stuff

• To those wishing snakes to be illegal

Your rottweiler is more dangerous to a toddler than the average pet snake. 95% of the "horror stories" you hear about snakes kiliing or injuring children are blown up by the media. The average snake enthusiast has no desire to own venomous snakes, but just because Joe Blow thought a Rattlesnake would be a good pet and it killed his toddler, doesn't mean it is the snake's fault

• Snakes are not mans best friend.

My family migrated from Parana Argentina. Down under we have large deadly constrictors. People have to kill them. They will kill you dog, child other dangerous animals and even their owner. People who own such pets are selfish and putting other lives at rick. If you want to own such a pet move to the Amazon Jungle and see how long you survive. They even kill alligators. I live in the south and we have to watch where we walk for half of the year because if you get bit you need anti venom right away or you limb could be amputated. If dogs can be neutered so should deadly snakes. We must be living in the end times when this diabolical evil creature is fastly becoming mans best friend.

• Should pet snakes be illegal

Why would anyone want to a so called pet who can kill another pet or a child. My family migrated from Parana Argentina where they have anacondas they kill anything even alligators. If you want to own an animal like that move to the jungle of Argentina. People their kill them. A deadly snake is not your friend. You are endangering others. Garden Snakes o.K. Constrictors are evil and should be outlawed. If you can neuter a dog why not a python? Where are the laws to protect the public? We must be in they end times if a python has become mans best friend. I live in the south and if you are bitten by a snake you must get to a emergency room A.S.A.P. These deadly creatures are not mans beat friend rather all species enemy.

• They eat your other pets and kids

There have been 34 kids hurt by snakes and a lot ofother pets have died to these monstouros beasts. Some people let them roam free in the wild and they grow massive and try to eat mailboxes and even children. They also eatso much and take up so much space they get out.

• Too Much Risk; Little Reward

To those bemoaning their rights being taken away: please go shout from the rooftops about all those amendments you've lost or are in the process of losing. Not your damn right to own a natural born predator.

I'm not going to harp about poisonous snakes or biblical interpretations of snakes. I'm arguing ecological impact.

While I am sure each one of these snake owners are responsible human beings there are many owners that aren't. Negligent owners of constricting snake, in particular those of the Python family, have done devastating damage to southern Florida wetlands and have possibly doomed many swamps an wetlands in the southeast. Burmese and ball pythons are now breeding at incredible rates while eating most of the biodiversity in the Everglades.

These snakes are a danger to these regions and will upset the delicate balance of wildlife in the region. Not to mention add another danger to these regions. To the poster that said monster snakes will be taken care of by animal control: sure, if you're in a suburb.

While I take on relish in banning these snakes there are too many chances of accidents and negligence spoiling the environment for everyone .

• Snakes are scary!!!

Snakes are in the bible people. But not in a good way. As a catholic I have read the bible. The snake is known as a serpent of evil. I think snakes are the devil in disguise. Or i'm crazy. You decide. That's just my opinion. Thank you. Bye bye snakes.

• To all you people who want pet snakes to be illegal...

The most common pet snakes are the corn snake, the ball python, the california king snake, and the Milk Snake They all are nonvenomous, have a reluctance to bite and are harmless to humans.
    And seriously, the argument I see on the opposing side are just stupid. Dear Loveshismom, "More people in India have died from snakebites than in any other country". That doesn't mean anything, who said the snakes were pets? Snakes do not eat humans!

• No, if someone wants a snake they can have a snake!

Some people really enjoy owning a snake. Just because you are afraid of a snake that is under someone else's control, doesn't mean they have to compromise for your fear. If that's the persons choice of pet, then they should have the right of owning it!
    You wouldn't compromise giving up your dog because I'm scared of it biting me would you?

• I Own One

I love my pet snake. She is a loving being and would not hurt a human. When she is allowed to come out of her glass, enclosed, tightly sealed, snake proof cage... She stays in my hands at all times. I get the fact that some people are irresponsible. Buying and raising a snake is something that requires responsibility. The best thing to do to limit problems with irresponsible people is that to own a snake you must go through a training process or test. It should not be completely illegal to own a snake.

Some problems that arise with making it illegal is that now there are many snake owners who must get rid of there pet. Where do you send it? Killing it would be animal cruelty. Setting it free in the wild makes more problems for the local population. Another problem is that there would be people who go to jail for illegal trafficking of snakes, keeping a snake they already had, or creating animal creulty by killing there pet.

• They are quiet than other pets. Also a snake is easy to feed.

Dogs or other pets like cats and birds make a loud sound. And that sound can bother us. But snakes doesn't. And we only need to give the snake a rat for ood for a week. But dogs or other pets need to give them food and that will ge tierd.

• You didn't say dangerous snakes so no

Most snakes people keep aren't that dangerous. So I can't even imagine what would make someone think they should be illegal.

Maybe one of them is the devil in disguise?

So... Here are so more characters because you apparently need to write fifty characters to have an opinion. Yea huh

• Educate before you Debate

1 snake that is venomous = ALL SNAKES ARE EVIL AND WILL KILL YOU MAKE THEM ILLEGAL. I don't see the logic behind that. Someone brought up anacondas, most people don't own a damn anaconda, and captive animals are often a lot less aggressive, especially if you work with them. "They kill ur pets and kids" - that's why a lot of kids nowadays have snakes right? Assisted suicide or something? As for pets - most snakes are NOT even close to being big enough to eat a cat or dog, and if they eat your hamster, well, be more responsible. In fact, snakes are great tools to teach kids responsibility. Get your heads out of your asses and please just do your own research instead of going off stereotypes pounded in by the media.

• Educate before you debate

Its not that hard to do the tiniest amount of research to see why snakes make great pets. And resorting to biblical reference of snakes as an argument? Snakes are just lizards without legs. I understand their are defining differnces but not any that make them more deadly, and yes, some snakes are venomous, but they already require permits in most states. Get your heads out of your asses, do your own research before you make an argument.

• They are awesome

Snake help with a lot of things. They are amazing wonderful creatures. People just need to do more research and know what they are getting themselves into. Snakes are amazing and if you don't agree don't take that away from people that want these exotic and awesome creatures. Thank you.

• Snakes are pets just as much as any other animal.

Dogs kill hundreds of more people each year then snakes do in a decade. As a responsible, careful snake owner, I have a simple opinion. Live and let live. If you don't like snakes, don't keep them. But please don't enforce your propaganda on others. As for religious depictions of snakes, there isn't much to go on. Some snakes are dangerous. Some aren't. Certainly a tiny, harmless grass snake can't be held to the same standards as a boa constrictor because of an ancient religious text. Please do some research before claiming that snakes are the most dangerous pets. Ever heard of a dog? Ten times more dangerous then any snake. Oh and please, snakes rarely eat dogs or cats. It's the other way around most of the time. Spend some time learning about these amazing animals instead of condemning them and their owners. :)
    -A responsible snake owner and lover.

• Snakes aren't always dangerous

Have any of the people saying yes ever met a domesticated snake?
    They are noodles with puppy mouths. The majority of snake owners have non- lethal snakes, and the ones who decide they are up to the challenge of owning a potentially dangerous snake are responsible for any injury or damage done to themselves or the snake. Look up pictures of pet ball pythons, the ball python is a constrictor, so it only bites when it feels threatened, when its scared it rolls into a ball and doesn't move. This means if it bites you it's your fault.
    Constrictors are the most common pet snakes because they are not dangerous to have in the home. If you have small children then having a large snake outside of it cage is not a good Idea, safety always comes down to common sense. Snakes are only dangerous if you don't know what you're doing.

Loveshismom says2014-08-07T13:56:07.353
My brother used to own a pet snake
BblackkBbirdd says2015-06-07T13:12:33.097
I can't tell if the yes voters are being serious or trolling