• Snakes Are Dangerous!

There are other reasons to be afraid of snakes than that one of them could be Satan in disguise, although that would be a great reason if it were actually possible. There are pet owners who are too irresponsible to keep even a gaping-mouthed, lethal, possibly-poisonous, speedy, creepy and durable reptiles that have even more vertebrae than they do in tightly closed cages. Some are boa constrictors and will choke you, some are poisonous, such as vipers or rattlesnakes, and some will just plain eat you. According to www.Bbc.Co.Uk/2/hi/south_asia/5314104.Stm, More people have died of snakebites in India than in any other country in the world. If they escape from their cages, there's no telling what hey could do besides kill their owners. After eating someone, they can infect groups of people with the bacteria that were all over their bodies by spreading them by hissing. If they become road kill, their fangs may damage car tires or even become stuck in the tires. Also, when kids are climbing trees, they may stumble upon a branch that's actually a camouflaged snake. These children are also likely to be very, very young and impressionable, so they will probably attack the snakes instead of heading in the opposite direction. This would give the snake enough time to kill them. Some of these snakes may also have once been pet snakes. The bottom line is, I think pet snakes were a bad idea from the start.

• Snakes Are Dangerous!

There are other reasons to be afraid of snakes than because one of them could be Satan in disguise, although that would be a great reason if it were actually possible. Some people are actually scared of them because they can kill you. Even some of the little ones can do that. Some are poisonous and bite you, some are boa constrictors or pythons and will squeeze you to death, and some will just plain devour you. Plus, not every parent is attentive enough to notice their kids' irresponsibility. And some people are just too irresponsible to keep even a serpent in its cage. Unsupervised animals in open cages can escape very easily.

• Gross and stuff

Ew. Snakes r yuk yuk and they live in jungls no homes. They no good and blah. Slimed make me sad. And they r big and like to kill. They no cute they ugly they fat they slimy they big they small they no good that why
    Sined,
    Smart n stuff

• Snakes are scary!!!

Snakes are in the bible people. But not in a good way. As a catholic I have read the bible. The snake is known as a serpent of evil. I think snakes are the devil in disguise. Or i'm crazy. You decide. That's just my opinion. Thank you. Bye bye snakes.

• Snakes are not pets

Ok I get what people are say. Still snakes can hurt you. Snakes are mad for the wild not as a pet. They can kill you and they can kill a lot of other people. So would you risk your family to have a pet snake as a pet in your house?

• Snakes are not pets

Im pretty shure everyone knows what a snake is but no matter what snakes can hurt you. Shure dogs and cats and even birds can but snakes when they bite can easily go through your skin and even veins. I have a friend that held a garden snake and it bit an artery. So yeah they are dangerous

• Snakes are dangerous

Some snakes are very poisonous that with one bite they will kill you. My friend had a snake and it killed his sister because it was out of control and most of the snake owners are very irresponsible. As a result, snakes have to be banned and have to be returned to the jungle where it belongs

• Snakes are harmless,,

What many people said here is totally wrong. .. They have stupid thought that snakes harm people ,, it's not true snakes harm people only when people harm them.. Even people having dogs and cats often get bitten by them in that case even the dogs and cats are harmful creatures right.. Y do u people still have them as pets?? One of the loveliest creation by god are snakes.. Wake up guys and be practical

• They are not domestic pets and should live in the nature. They are dangerous.

They are very dangerous and not a pet animal. They must live in the nature, where they suppose to live and not at home, which is wrong environment for them. Many people are afraid of snakes even if they harmless, which could lead to serious health problem (heart attack etc.). Too many snakes are escape and then you can find them in the streets or in neighbours homes/apartments.

• To all you people who want pet snakes to be illegal...

The most common pet snakes are the corn snake, the ball python, the california king snake, and the Milk Snake They all are nonvenomous, have a reluctance to bite and are harmless to humans.
    And seriously, the argument I see on the opposing side are just stupid. Dear Loveshismom, "More people in India have died from snakebites than in any other country". That doesn't mean anything, who said the snakes were pets? Snakes do not eat humans!

• No, if someone wants a snake they can have a snake!

Some people really enjoy owning a snake. Just because you are afraid of a snake that is under someone else's control, doesn't mean they have to compromise for your fear. If that's the persons choice of pet, then they should have the right of owning it!
    You wouldn't compromise giving up your dog because I'm scared of it biting me would you?

• I Own One

I love my pet snake. She is a loving being and would not hurt a human. When she is allowed to come out of her glass, enclosed, tightly sealed, snake proof cage... She stays in my hands at all times. I get the fact that some people are irresponsible. Buying and raising a snake is something that requires responsibility. The best thing to do to limit problems with irresponsible people is that to own a snake you must go through a training process or test. It should not be completely illegal to own a snake.

Some problems that arise with making it illegal is that now there are many snake owners who must get rid of there pet. Where do you send it? Killing it would be animal cruelty. Setting it free in the wild makes more problems for the local population. Another problem is that there would be people who go to jail for illegal trafficking of snakes, keeping a snake they already had, or creating animal creulty by killing there pet.

• They are quiet than other pets. Also a snake is easy to feed.

Dogs or other pets like cats and birds make a loud sound. And that sound can bother us. But snakes doesn't. And we only need to give the snake a rat for ood for a week. But dogs or other pets need to give them food and that will ge tierd.

• You didn't say dangerous snakes so no

Most snakes people keep aren't that dangerous. So I can't even imagine what would make someone think they should be illegal.

Maybe one of them is the devil in disguise?

So... Here are so more characters because you apparently need to write fifty characters to have an opinion. Yea huh

• This is our rights being taken away.

Ban snakes why? For what reason should snakes be banned. Snakes should be allowed to be kept just like any other pet. Having them to be banned is just taking away peoples rights to own one. It's just unfair. But again for what? Snakes being Satan, outrageous. They can harm our kids, yes just as well as a dog or any animal ,but sadly snakes perfure to stay from loud kids and plain sight, the only way it could attack a kid would be if the kid was being unattended and wondering around somewhere were no ones around. Big scary snakes could go around and eat everything ,but if there were a big snake someone would take notice and call animal control before it could do any harm. Why a snake as a pet they should belong in a wild they are untamed. If that was the case then why are snakes like ball pythons becoming more tame through captive breeding just like how wolves slowly but eventually become what we know as dogs. People love snakes and have a huge passion a hobby a job they dedicate their lives for them. Banning snakes take away peoples rights , their passion ,their hobby ,their own job away just because of ignorance and fear of others. We should all educate ourselves to know about each and everyone of us. Just listening to one side and not the other is unjustifiable. People we need to fight for each others rights if not how do we expect to have any.

• You gave dogs a chance why not snakes

Only 1/3 of snakes in the world are venomous, and as far as religion goes, in the bible it says "serpent". Serpent means any sort of creature with scales (reptiles). Even if your bible says otherwise in another passage a snake was a symbol of Jesus. People say you should not keep snakes as pets because they are wild. That's not entirely true either, most people buy their snakes from a pet store, and at a pet store they are handled a lot. Snakes are very very reluctant to bite anything besides their food. Some people don't get their snakes from stores, but they most likely get them from a reliable resource, they wouldn't get it from somebody they didn't trust. Anything can be domesticated (dogs were) we snake owners don't just go out to the woods to get our snakes that would be stupid unless you're a trained professional b/c they are wild and if you go to grab them they most likely will strike at you. If you have not handled a snake, there are ways to handle them if you must without getting bit, and without harming the snake. Such examples are using a snake hook or calling a professional. Those who are afraid of pet snakes killing and biting, you don't have to worry in fact, dogs and cats bite more people/year in the U.S. (in India its a different story) than snakes. Millions of pet wounds are reported/year the vast majority is cats and dogs. Venomous snakes bite a lot also, the difference is a lot are not pets they are neglected animals or outside/around homes. 8000 people/year are bitten by venomous snakes due to careless human behavior, but only 12 bites are fatal! Even with venomous snake pet owners there's only a 20% fatality rate. Where snakes kill 12/year, dogs kill 31/year! (this is not just the pit bull breed)

• At least make sense before you word vomit about "satanic" snakes

You people saying yes should at least do some intelligible research first. Only a third of snake species are venomous. They will only strike at you because they defensive. Snakes are not Satan in disguise, for your information the bible had a passage using a snake as a symbol of Jesus. Satan can disguise himself as anything. Snakes like corn snakes are non venemous and cannot kill you with their size because they stay small. Please get your facts straight, go to a pet store and ask to handle a corn snake or a ball python. Snakes can be friendly and domesticated.

• The animal is always as good as the person that tamed it

I will be blunt about it most people are afraid of snakes because of what they had herd about them but when you handle the animal they will be puppy dog tamed. Do not take it out on the animal just because of what you have herd. Try handling one.

• That's ridiculous. I have 3 snakes and they are completely harmless.

All of my snakes are completely harmless. They don't even bite. I am also a responsible owner, so they have locks on their tanks so there is no chance of them getting out. I also have a small Pomeranian and they've never caused any harm to him either. I love my snakes so much I would die if I couldn't keep them. They are my companions and they aren't hurting anyone, so why do you care if I keep them?

Loveshismom says2014-08-07T13:56:07.353
My brother used to own a pet snake