• Snakes Are Dangerous!

There are other reasons to be afraid of snakes than that one of them could be Satan in disguise, although that would be a great reason if it were actually possible. There are pet owners who are too irresponsible to keep even a gaping-mouthed, lethal, possibly-poisonous, speedy, creepy and durable reptiles that have even more vertebrae than they do in tightly closed cages. Some are boa constrictors and will choke you, some are poisonous, such as vipers or rattlesnakes, and some will just plain eat you. According to www.Bbc.Co.Uk/2/hi/south_asia/5314104.Stm, More people have died of snakebites in India than in any other country in the world. If they escape from their cages, there's no telling what hey could do besides kill their owners. After eating someone, they can infect groups of people with the bacteria that were all over their bodies by spreading them by hissing. If they become road kill, their fangs may damage car tires or even become stuck in the tires. Also, when kids are climbing trees, they may stumble upon a branch that's actually a camouflaged snake. These children are also likely to be very, very young and impressionable, so they will probably attack the snakes instead of heading in the opposite direction. This would give the snake enough time to kill them. Some of these snakes may also have once been pet snakes. The bottom line is, I think pet snakes were a bad idea from the start.

• Snakes are harmless,,

What many people said here is totally wrong. .. They have stupid thought that snakes harm people ,, it's not true snakes harm people only when people harm them.. Even people having dogs and cats often get bitten by them in that case even the dogs and cats are harmful creatures right.. Y do u people still have them as pets?? One of the loveliest creation by god are snakes.. Wake up guys and be practical

• Snakes Are Dangerous!

There are other reasons to be afraid of snakes than because one of them could be Satan in disguise, although that would be a great reason if it were actually possible. Some people are actually scared of them because they can kill you. Even some of the little ones can do that. Some are poisonous and bite you, some are boa constrictors or pythons and will squeeze you to death, and some will just plain devour you. Plus, not every parent is attentive enough to notice their kids' irresponsibility. And some people are just too irresponsible to keep even a serpent in its cage. Unsupervised animals in open cages can escape very easily.

• Gross and stuff

Ew. Snakes r yuk yuk and they live in jungls no homes. They no good and blah. Slimed make me sad. And they r big and like to kill. They no cute they ugly they fat they slimy they big they small they no good that why
    Sined,
    Smart n stuff

• To those wishing snakes to be illegal

Your rottweiler is more dangerous to a toddler than the average pet snake. 95% of the "horror stories" you hear about snakes kiliing or injuring children are blown up by the media. The average snake enthusiast has no desire to own venomous snakes, but just because Joe Blow thought a Rattlesnake would be a good pet and it killed his toddler, doesn't mean it is the snake's fault

• Snakes are not mans best friend.

My family migrated from Parana Argentina. Down under we have large deadly constrictors. People have to kill them. They will kill you dog, child other dangerous animals and even their owner. People who own such pets are selfish and putting other lives at rick. If you want to own such a pet move to the Amazon Jungle and see how long you survive. They even kill alligators. I live in the south and we have to watch where we walk for half of the year because if you get bit you need anti venom right away or you limb could be amputated. If dogs can be neutered so should deadly snakes. We must be living in the end times when this diabolical evil creature is fastly becoming mans best friend.

• Should pet snakes be illegal

Why would anyone want to a so called pet who can kill another pet or a child. My family migrated from Parana Argentina where they have anacondas they kill anything even alligators. If you want to own an animal like that move to the jungle of Argentina. People their kill them. A deadly snake is not your friend. You are endangering others. Garden Snakes o.K. Constrictors are evil and should be outlawed. If you can neuter a dog why not a python? Where are the laws to protect the public? We must be in they end times if a python has become mans best friend. I live in the south and if you are bitten by a snake you must get to a emergency room A.S.A.P. These deadly creatures are not mans beat friend rather all species enemy.

• They eat your other pets and kids

There have been 34 kids hurt by snakes and a lot ofother pets have died to these monstouros beasts. Some people let them roam free in the wild and they grow massive and try to eat mailboxes and even children. They also eatso much and take up so much space they get out.

• Too Much Risk; Little Reward

To those bemoaning their rights being taken away: please go shout from the rooftops about all those amendments you've lost or are in the process of losing. Not your damn right to own a natural born predator.

I'm not going to harp about poisonous snakes or biblical interpretations of snakes. I'm arguing ecological impact.

While I am sure each one of these snake owners are responsible human beings there are many owners that aren't. Negligent owners of constricting snake, in particular those of the Python family, have done devastating damage to southern Florida wetlands and have possibly doomed many swamps an wetlands in the southeast. Burmese and ball pythons are now breeding at incredible rates while eating most of the biodiversity in the Everglades.

These snakes are a danger to these regions and will upset the delicate balance of wildlife in the region. Not to mention add another danger to these regions. To the poster that said monster snakes will be taken care of by animal control: sure, if you're in a suburb.

While I take on relish in banning these snakes there are too many chances of accidents and negligence spoiling the environment for everyone .

• Snakes are scary!!!

Snakes are in the bible people. But not in a good way. As a catholic I have read the bible. The snake is known as a serpent of evil. I think snakes are the devil in disguise. Or i'm crazy. You decide. That's just my opinion. Thank you. Bye bye snakes.

• To all you people who want pet snakes to be illegal...

The most common pet snakes are the corn snake, the ball python, the california king snake, and the Milk Snake They all are nonvenomous, have a reluctance to bite and are harmless to humans.
    And seriously, the argument I see on the opposing side are just stupid. Dear Loveshismom, "More people in India have died from snakebites than in any other country". That doesn't mean anything, who said the snakes were pets? Snakes do not eat humans!

• No, if someone wants a snake they can have a snake!

Some people really enjoy owning a snake. Just because you are afraid of a snake that is under someone else's control, doesn't mean they have to compromise for your fear. If that's the persons choice of pet, then they should have the right of owning it!
    You wouldn't compromise giving up your dog because I'm scared of it biting me would you?

• I Own One

I love my pet snake. She is a loving being and would not hurt a human. When she is allowed to come out of her glass, enclosed, tightly sealed, snake proof cage... She stays in my hands at all times. I get the fact that some people are irresponsible. Buying and raising a snake is something that requires responsibility. The best thing to do to limit problems with irresponsible people is that to own a snake you must go through a training process or test. It should not be completely illegal to own a snake.

Some problems that arise with making it illegal is that now there are many snake owners who must get rid of there pet. Where do you send it? Killing it would be animal cruelty. Setting it free in the wild makes more problems for the local population. Another problem is that there would be people who go to jail for illegal trafficking of snakes, keeping a snake they already had, or creating animal creulty by killing there pet.

• They are quiet than other pets. Also a snake is easy to feed.

Dogs or other pets like cats and birds make a loud sound. And that sound can bother us. But snakes doesn't. And we only need to give the snake a rat for ood for a week. But dogs or other pets need to give them food and that will ge tierd.

• You didn't say dangerous snakes so no

Most snakes people keep aren't that dangerous. So I can't even imagine what would make someone think they should be illegal.

Maybe one of them is the devil in disguise?

So... Here are so more characters because you apparently need to write fifty characters to have an opinion. Yea huh

• Most snakes aren't dangerous

Most people think that snakes are super deadly and can kill you but most people are wrong most snakes arent even dangerous especially pet snakes like ball pythons corn snakes and many Many more not all pythons are monsterous and huge in fact most of them are tiny and not even dangerous

• Most snakes aren't dangerous

• Snakes are great pets

They are great pets that don't require much maintenance and if handled properly and housed, they are little to no threat to humans and they live long healthy lives. Only venomous snakes should have regulations. Only the BIGGEST snakes in the world can eat humans. You are far more likely to be killed and injured by a pet dog. The ignorance and fear surrounding snakes needs to be put to an end

• Pet snakes are not dangerous.

Anyone who believes pet snakes are dangerous is talking out of ignorance and baseless fear. What are we going to do next, make the ocean illegal due to the irrational fear of sharks?

I have a pet ball python named Genghis Khan (Geng for short)

It seems that people believe snakes should be kept in their enclosure 24/7 and nobody ever takes them out. That isn't true though. Snake owners take their pets out of the enclosure all the time. Mine likes to chill around my shoulders and neck or lap when I play video games or watch movies. Sometimes he cuddles my cat (Milo)

Pet snakes are almost never venomous and if someone chooses to own a venomous species, it's their own fault and not the snake's if they are injured. However, last time I fact checked there was only one death from a pet snake in US history. Compared to thousands by pet dogs.

Ball pythons are not venomous, and yes Geng has bit me before. He's the first and only snake I have owned so I was bound to make a couple mistakes.What most people imagine is this huge gaming wound but in reality. The three times I was bit, it didn't hurt. It was less than a bee sting. It didn't break the skin or leave a mark, and it was my own fault every time.

@ the person who said they eat too much

My snake eats a mouse once every 6 days. You eat meat, veggies, fruit, dairy, grains 3+ times a day, and snakes eat too much?

@ They eat your other pets and kids

Snakes can't eat people. It's physically impossible for them. Also, Geng cuddles my cat on a regular basis. So that's a bunch of bullshit.

@Everyone who keeps throwing stupid statistics like "x number of people are killed/injured by snakes " or anything of the sort..

That's a useless and irrelevant statistic. Those snakes are not pets, nor are they the species of snakes that people have as pets. That doesn't help your case any it just makes you look stupid.

• Pet snakes are not dangerous.

@ the person who said they eat too much

@ They eat your other pets and kids

Loveshismom says2014-08-07T13:56:07.353
My brother used to own a pet snake
BblackkBbirdd says2015-06-07T13:12:33.097
I can't tell if the yes voters are being serious or trolling