• Snakes Are Dangerous!

There are other reasons to be afraid of snakes than that one of them could be Satan in disguise, although that would be a great reason if it were actually possible. There are pet owners who are too irresponsible to keep even a gaping-mouthed, lethal, possibly-poisonous, speedy, creepy and durable reptiles that have even more vertebrae than they do in tightly closed cages. Some are boa constrictors and will choke you, some are poisonous, such as vipers or rattlesnakes, and some will just plain eat you. According to www.Bbc.Co.Uk/2/hi/south_asia/5314104.Stm, More people have died of snakebites in India than in any other country in the world. If they escape from their cages, there's no telling what hey could do besides kill their owners. After eating someone, they can infect groups of people with the bacteria that were all over their bodies by spreading them by hissing. If they become road kill, their fangs may damage car tires or even become stuck in the tires. Also, when kids are climbing trees, they may stumble upon a branch that's actually a camouflaged snake. These children are also likely to be very, very young and impressionable, so they will probably attack the snakes instead of heading in the opposite direction. This would give the snake enough time to kill them. Some of these snakes may also have once been pet snakes. The bottom line is, I think pet snakes were a bad idea from the start.

• Snakes are harmless,,

What many people said here is totally wrong. .. They have stupid thought that snakes harm people ,, it's not true snakes harm people only when people harm them.. Even people having dogs and cats often get bitten by them in that case even the dogs and cats are harmful creatures right.. Y do u people still have them as pets?? One of the loveliest creation by god are snakes.. Wake up guys and be practical

• Gross and stuff

Ew. Snakes r yuk yuk and they live in jungls no homes. They no good and blah. Slimed make me sad. And they r big and like to kill. They no cute they ugly they fat they slimy they big they small they no good that why
    Smart n stuff

• Snakes Are Dangerous!

There are other reasons to be afraid of snakes than because one of them could be Satan in disguise, although that would be a great reason if it were actually possible. Some people are actually scared of them because they can kill you. Even some of the little ones can do that. Some are poisonous and bite you, some are boa constrictors or pythons and will squeeze you to death, and some will just plain devour you. Plus, not every parent is attentive enough to notice their kids' irresponsibility. And some people are just too irresponsible to keep even a serpent in its cage. Unsupervised animals in open cages can escape very easily.

• They eat your other pets and kids

There have been 34 kids hurt by snakes and a lot ofother pets have died to these monstouros beasts. Some people let them roam free in the wild and they grow massive and try to eat mailboxes and even children. They also eatso much and take up so much space they get out.

• It is inhumane

They are never given enough room to move around and lack. It supports rodent mills and the inhumane killing of rats who unlike snakes have emotions, make bonds and can be housed nicely. Snakes are not capable of affection because they don't have emotions. This isn't opinion it's fact. So keeping them is not benefit them at all. Snakes are a conversation piece. Decoration for humans.

• A danger to you and the ecosystem!

For an easy look at the strain that keeping snakes as pets has caused, you have to look no farther than Florida. In the Sunshine State, exotic pythons that became too large for their owners to keep are killing native species. This needs to stop now! Take action and make safe decisions.

• To those wishing snakes to be illegal

Your rottweiler is more dangerous to a toddler than the average pet snake. 95% of the "horror stories" you hear about snakes kiliing or injuring children are blown up by the media. The average snake enthusiast has no desire to own venomous snakes, but just because Joe Blow thought a Rattlesnake would be a good pet and it killed his toddler, doesn't mean it is the snake's fault

• Snakes are not mans best friend.

My family migrated from Parana Argentina. Down under we have large deadly constrictors. People have to kill them. They will kill you dog, child other dangerous animals and even their owner. People who own such pets are selfish and putting other lives at rick. If you want to own such a pet move to the Amazon Jungle and see how long you survive. They even kill alligators. I live in the south and we have to watch where we walk for half of the year because if you get bit you need anti venom right away or you limb could be amputated. If dogs can be neutered so should deadly snakes. We must be living in the end times when this diabolical evil creature is fastly becoming mans best friend.

• Should pet snakes be illegal

Why would anyone want to a so called pet who can kill another pet or a child. My family migrated from Parana Argentina where they have anacondas they kill anything even alligators. If you want to own an animal like that move to the jungle of Argentina. People their kill them. A deadly snake is not your friend. You are endangering others. Garden Snakes o.K. Constrictors are evil and should be outlawed. If you can neuter a dog why not a python? Where are the laws to protect the public? We must be in they end times if a python has become mans best friend. I live in the south and if you are bitten by a snake you must get to a emergency room A.S.A.P. These deadly creatures are not mans beat friend rather all species enemy.

• To all you people who want pet snakes to be illegal...

The most common pet snakes are the corn snake, the ball python, the california king snake, and the Milk Snake They all are nonvenomous, have a reluctance to bite and are harmless to humans.
    And seriously, the argument I see on the opposing side are just stupid. Dear Loveshismom, "More people in India have died from snakebites than in any other country". That doesn't mean anything, who said the snakes were pets? Snakes do not eat humans!

• No, if someone wants a snake they can have a snake!

Some people really enjoy owning a snake. Just because you are afraid of a snake that is under someone else's control, doesn't mean they have to compromise for your fear. If that's the persons choice of pet, then they should have the right of owning it!
    You wouldn't compromise giving up your dog because I'm scared of it biting me would you?

• I Own One

I love my pet snake. She is a loving being and would not hurt a human. When she is allowed to come out of her glass, enclosed, tightly sealed, snake proof cage... She stays in my hands at all times. I get the fact that some people are irresponsible. Buying and raising a snake is something that requires responsibility. The best thing to do to limit problems with irresponsible people is that to own a snake you must go through a training process or test. It should not be completely illegal to own a snake.

Some problems that arise with making it illegal is that now there are many snake owners who must get rid of there pet. Where do you send it? Killing it would be animal cruelty. Setting it free in the wild makes more problems for the local population. Another problem is that there would be people who go to jail for illegal trafficking of snakes, keeping a snake they already had, or creating animal creulty by killing there pet.

• They are quiet than other pets. Also a snake is easy to feed.

Dogs or other pets like cats and birds make a loud sound. And that sound can bother us. But snakes doesn't. And we only need to give the snake a rat for ood for a week. But dogs or other pets need to give them food and that will ge tierd.

• You didn't say dangerous snakes so no

Most snakes people keep aren't that dangerous. So I can't even imagine what would make someone think they should be illegal.

Maybe one of them is the devil in disguise?

So... Here are so more characters because you apparently need to write fifty characters to have an opinion. Yea huh

• The only reason people want snakes to be banned is because they're misinformed

For one thing, pet dogs alone have killed more people in the US than snakes, not just pet snakes; and a snake would actually do almost anything in its power to avoid attacking a human using camouflage, and when that doesn't work, they try to flee, and if that doesn't work, they may strike, but more often than not it's a fake strike with their mouth closed to avoid being harmed themselves. Snakes ultimately are not the evil creatures that want nothing more than to kill and devour humans like the media makes them out to be, they are innocent creatures. And by the way, this is the twenty-first century, snakes should not be banned just because they're "Satan in disguise." Snakes can make very good pets that do not bother anybody, and can be quite educational. Plus they got cute faces.

Posted by: HCI
  • Snakes make good pets

Snakes are crazy. They haven't been proven to show higher emotions, rather primitive emotions, like fear or pleasure. But I know from personal experience that snakes have personalities. I have three ball pythons, and they all act astonishingly different. One is just a sweetie. She's docile and curls up around my arm when I pick her up, and just sits there. Heck, half the time I feel like she's purring (Metaphorically, obvs). Another is very energetic and gets easily excited. When I take him out of the cage he acts so pumped. My last is a little sassy. She doesn't mind being picked up, but I don't think she enjoys it as much as the others. She prefers to just chill.
    Point: Snakes are expressive and amazing creatures. With proper care, a large enough tank, and enough knowledge of the species snakes make great pets.
    And to all you who says snakes are dangerous and kill their owners... Don't get a venomous snake. Easy. The bite of a ball python might hurt a little, but it won't come close to killing; it feels pretty close to a cat bite. Most snake breed don't like to bite either, and only do so when threatened, just like any other animal, humans included. I'd possibly make it illegal to get a venomous snake without a permit of some sort, but other than that, no, snakes shouldn't be illegal as pets.

• Every animal should be illegal

If the argument for snakes is reason to ban them then pretty every animal should be banned oh no they bite well so does every animal ever oh no thang can kill things oh my god dogs kill more people than snakes. Besides any snake that can actually kill someone like venomous snakes and 20ft constrictors won’t be kept by just anyone most pet snakes are harmless ball pythons and corn snakes or the possible hog nose which the worst thing they could do is bite and their bites don’t even hurt that bad

• Snakes are practically harmless.

I'm reading through all the 'yes' answers, and all i see is "No! Snakes are slimy and gross. No! Snakes will kill you. No! Snakes are dangerous. No! Snakes will eat everybody in your neighborhood, your distant cousin, your dog, your cat, your parents.."

I'm about 93% sure that most of the yes answers are simply trying to aid the myths and lies that were carved into our minds as a child.

If you do your research, people, you will figure out that about 2 people per year die of snakes from constrictors, and a few a year from the actually venomous pet snakes. (Sorry, i know, i worded that weirdly.)

Dog caused deaths a year- an average of ten or more

People(gun) caused deaths a DAY- an average of NINETY-SIX.

If i use the logic you guys are using, then that means we should ban pets, and not only pets, but people too.

• Snake are awesome

Snakes are never aggressive. They are just defending themselves like any other animal. Snakes do not attack people. They are more scared of us than we are of them, so they feel like they must defend themselves. Snakes don't chase people. Most cases of this are because a snake was scared and the closest escape route happened to be near a human

Loveshismom says2014-08-07T13:56:07.353
My brother used to own a pet snake
BblackkBbirdd says2015-06-07T13:12:33.097
I can't tell if the yes voters are being serious or trolling