• Snakes Are Dangerous!

There are other reasons to be afraid of snakes than that one of them could be Satan in disguise, although that would be a great reason if it were actually possible. There are pet owners who are too irresponsible to keep even a gaping-mouthed, lethal, possibly-poisonous, speedy, creepy and durable reptiles that have even more vertebrae than they do in tightly closed cages. Some are boa constrictors and will choke you, some are poisonous, such as vipers or rattlesnakes, and some will just plain eat you. According to www.Bbc.Co.Uk/2/hi/south_asia/5314104.Stm, More people have died of snakebites in India than in any other country in the world. If they escape from their cages, there's no telling what hey could do besides kill their owners. After eating someone, they can infect groups of people with the bacteria that were all over their bodies by spreading them by hissing. If they become road kill, their fangs may damage car tires or even become stuck in the tires. Also, when kids are climbing trees, they may stumble upon a branch that's actually a camouflaged snake. These children are also likely to be very, very young and impressionable, so they will probably attack the snakes instead of heading in the opposite direction. This would give the snake enough time to kill them. Some of these snakes may also have once been pet snakes. The bottom line is, I think pet snakes were a bad idea from the start.

• Snakes Are Dangerous!

There are other reasons to be afraid of snakes than because one of them could be Satan in disguise, although that would be a great reason if it were actually possible. Some people are actually scared of them because they can kill you. Even some of the little ones can do that. Some are poisonous and bite you, some are boa constrictors or pythons and will squeeze you to death, and some will just plain devour you. Plus, not every parent is attentive enough to notice their kids' irresponsibility. And some people are just too irresponsible to keep even a serpent in its cage. Unsupervised animals in open cages can escape very easily.

• Snakes are harmless,,

What many people said here is totally wrong. .. They have stupid thought that snakes harm people ,, it's not true snakes harm people only when people harm them.. Even people having dogs and cats often get bitten by them in that case even the dogs and cats are harmful creatures right.. Y do u people still have them as pets?? One of the loveliest creation by god are snakes.. Wake up guys and be practical

• Gross and stuff

Ew. Snakes r yuk yuk and they live in jungls no homes. They no good and blah. Slimed make me sad. And they r big and like to kill. They no cute they ugly they fat they slimy they big they small they no good that why
    Smart n stuff

• They are not domestic pets and should live in the nature. They are dangerous.

They are very dangerous and not a pet animal. They must live in the nature, where they suppose to live and not at home, which is wrong environment for them. Many people are afraid of snakes even if they harmless, which could lead to serious health problem (heart attack etc.). Too many snakes are escape and then you can find them in the streets or in neighbours homes/apartments.

• They eat your other pets and kids

There have been 34 kids hurt by snakes and a lot ofother pets have died to these monstouros beasts. Some people let them roam free in the wild and they grow massive and try to eat mailboxes and even children. They also eatso much and take up so much space they get out.

• Too Much Risk; Little Reward

To those bemoaning their rights being taken away: please go shout from the rooftops about all those amendments you've lost or are in the process of losing. Not your damn right to own a natural born predator.

I'm not going to harp about poisonous snakes or biblical interpretations of snakes. I'm arguing ecological impact.

While I am sure each one of these snake owners are responsible human beings there are many owners that aren't. Negligent owners of constricting snake, in particular those of the Python family, have done devastating damage to southern Florida wetlands and have possibly doomed many swamps an wetlands in the southeast. Burmese and ball pythons are now breeding at incredible rates while eating most of the biodiversity in the Everglades.

These snakes are a danger to these regions and will upset the delicate balance of wildlife in the region. Not to mention add another danger to these regions. To the poster that said monster snakes will be taken care of by animal control: sure, if you're in a suburb.

While I take on relish in banning these snakes there are too many chances of accidents and negligence spoiling the environment for everyone .

• Snakes are scary!!!

Snakes are in the bible people. But not in a good way. As a catholic I have read the bible. The snake is known as a serpent of evil. I think snakes are the devil in disguise. Or i'm crazy. You decide. That's just my opinion. Thank you. Bye bye snakes.

• Snakes are not pets

Ok I get what people are say. Still snakes can hurt you. Snakes are mad for the wild not as a pet. They can kill you and they can kill a lot of other people. So would you risk your family to have a pet snake as a pet in your house?

• Snakes are not pets

Im pretty shure everyone knows what a snake is but no matter what snakes can hurt you. Shure dogs and cats and even birds can but snakes when they bite can easily go through your skin and even veins. I have a friend that held a garden snake and it bit an artery. So yeah they are dangerous

• To all you people who want pet snakes to be illegal...

The most common pet snakes are the corn snake, the ball python, the california king snake, and the Milk Snake They all are nonvenomous, have a reluctance to bite and are harmless to humans.
    And seriously, the argument I see on the opposing side are just stupid. Dear Loveshismom, "More people in India have died from snakebites than in any other country". That doesn't mean anything, who said the snakes were pets? Snakes do not eat humans!

• No, if someone wants a snake they can have a snake!

Some people really enjoy owning a snake. Just because you are afraid of a snake that is under someone else's control, doesn't mean they have to compromise for your fear. If that's the persons choice of pet, then they should have the right of owning it!
    You wouldn't compromise giving up your dog because I'm scared of it biting me would you?

• I Own One

I love my pet snake. She is a loving being and would not hurt a human. When she is allowed to come out of her glass, enclosed, tightly sealed, snake proof cage... She stays in my hands at all times. I get the fact that some people are irresponsible. Buying and raising a snake is something that requires responsibility. The best thing to do to limit problems with irresponsible people is that to own a snake you must go through a training process or test. It should not be completely illegal to own a snake.

Some problems that arise with making it illegal is that now there are many snake owners who must get rid of there pet. Where do you send it? Killing it would be animal cruelty. Setting it free in the wild makes more problems for the local population. Another problem is that there would be people who go to jail for illegal trafficking of snakes, keeping a snake they already had, or creating animal creulty by killing there pet.

• They are quiet than other pets. Also a snake is easy to feed.

Dogs or other pets like cats and birds make a loud sound. And that sound can bother us. But snakes doesn't. And we only need to give the snake a rat for ood for a week. But dogs or other pets need to give them food and that will ge tierd.

• You didn't say dangerous snakes so no

Most snakes people keep aren't that dangerous. So I can't even imagine what would make someone think they should be illegal.

Maybe one of them is the devil in disguise?

So... Here are so more characters because you apparently need to write fifty characters to have an opinion. Yea huh

• Nooo no no

No no no no no no no no SNAKES FOR EVERYBODY no no no no no SNAKES FOR DAYSSSSS no no no never everyone deserves to have a snake screw you and your rude pet rules MY PET SNAKE IS CRYING RIGHT NOW YOU'RE THE WORST. WHYYYY JUST WHY. NO

• Truly misunderstood animals

All of you people have no idea what snakes are even like. I have 2 Red tail boas, a ball python, and a Burmese python. I have never been bit. I am a responsible owner and anyone else who understands snakes knows their body language and what to look for. Dogs kill more people a year than snakes do. And the problems in Florida was caused by the hurricane that leveled the breeding facilities which a lot of snakes were kept. Before you make a assumption about an animal learn something about them. People say they are dangerous but when you turn on the news do you hear about a snake killing someone? No we hear about 3 more people being shot then its back to the sports highlights. So many people are so quick to blame the animals when our own species is just as unstable. Reptiles make great companions and they should never been taken away from us.

• Snakes are on the same line as owning a Dog.

Pet Snakes belong in the wild: Most Pet Snakes have been in captivity for generations, JUST LIKE DOGS. Dogs were once wild-caught too.
    Pet Snakes will kill you and are dangerous: All animals can be dangerous. Snakes will NEVER try to kill you just to kill you. They will only bite if you smell like rodent or you are threatening the snake. Dogs kill more people than snakes each year.
    Snakes are unpredictable: They are actually very easily predictable, if you know what to look for.
    Snakes will Escape and are dangerous to the ecosystem: Snakes are good escapists, thats why you have to be responsible and get a good cage! Goldfish are also just as devastating to ecosystem, if not more, yet I see NO ONE trying to ban them.
    Summary: Snakes are merely creatures that are different, and that scares people. People hate change, period. Thats why there is racism, gay hate, and etc. This is no different from that (Animal that is different, must be horrible.). There is bad and good sides to ALL PETS. I own 4 snakes and 2 dogs. I love all animals.

• Snakes are wonderful animals i have three pythons

Snakes are great influences of some people. Their intellagent,most of them are friendly.I perticually LOVE snakes their just so difrent from all animals. I might spell words wrong because im 8 years old sorry. I love snakes soooooooooooooooo much. :)such great animals i love them so much # like all animals

• I've heard children with more compelling arguments

I own several snakes, fish, lizards, a dog and a cat and I'm far more concerned with my 13 pound cat scratching me than my nine foot boa eating me. Be realistic, far more people are killed by dogs each year than snakes in the US, so what's next you are gonna outlaw dogs? Then cats? And then what? Seriously, while I support that the ownership of venemous snakes should be regulated and require a license (as it would to own a hawk or a falcon), non venemous snakes like a ball python or even a boa constrictor should be completely allowed. For those of you completely paralyzed with fear over somebody owning a snake, have you ever even touched one? Have you ever actually seen one? Or are you preconditioned to think it's evil? If someone told you as a child all snakes are adorable and all dogs are evil would you be here arguing dogs are the spawn of satan? Before you begin trying to outlaw the ownership of something I and thousands of other people consider a part of the family, perhaps you should take the time and actually educate yourself before polluting the minds of others with your Ignorence

Loveshismom says2014-08-07T13:56:07.353
My brother used to own a pet snake
BblackkBbirdd says2015-06-07T13:12:33.097
I can't tell if the yes voters are being serious or trolling