• PET STORES SHOULD SELL PETS

Here's the thing, I totally agree that you shouldn't purchase puppies from a puppy mill but you can't always get puppies from the shelters. What if a person wants a puppy first and not a grown dog? Usually puppies in the shelters run out pretty fast. Besides have you seen the paperwork at the shelter? No, thank you. After my dog died, I thought it would be a good idea to adopt a pet from a shelter. I would've gone through with it but it was too much paperwork for a sixteen year old at the time. I was going to wait until I was older but I ended up with a little Shih Tzu puppy in the process. I understand that people do not want these animals to die in shelters simply because most people buy animals instead of adopt. I do agree that people should do research on the type of dog they want before they get them. A lot of people buy animals that they end up not wanting because they either grow larger than they first expected or they weren't the type of dog they really wanted. But if pet stores can't sell pets, where are you supposed to buy pets? You can't get everything at the shelter, what if I wanted a hamster or a lizard or a bird?

• Where else are you going to buy a puppy?

• Yes they should!

They should always be able to sell puppies where else would people get them? Of course they can go online and find a puppy on like Craigslist but they should be able to sell puppies! If they ban selling puppies then what are the pet stores going to do with the puppies still at the store? Let them go to be a stray dog? They sure shouldn't! I am against the ban and this is a outrage! America is supposed to be a free country! And what next are they going to ban having animals or driving and drinking water next?! This country has got heads spinning and spinning because this is outrageous!

• Where else to buy

We should be able to choose if we want pet stores to sell dogs and cats I for one love animals so we should be able to choose what we want for pet stores I think other people would like that to. Dogs are help les creatures so why let them die.

• Pet stores fill a need

Animal shelters are great, but sometimes they don't work for everyone. For example, if someone wants a puppy or a dog of a specific breed they are extremely unlikely to find one at a shelter.

Many animal shelters are also absolutely ridiculous. They force you to fill out an application that's more extensive than many college applications and then force you to get references and then force you to endure home visits and then maybe, maybe, maybe let you adopt a dog. The whole process is insane. Pet stores let you add a new member to your family without the hassle.

• I NEED TO help animals here is how

I saw the cutest puppy ever but it was sold sadly. I cried so much when I found out this. I really needed to go to the toilet and so I decide to do it in the kitty cat litter. I think it was full after that, so they couldn't use it again. Sorry and SHOUT OUT FOR Evilnyebsusfiuawhnviuzsd

• I NEED TO help animals here is how

• That is the only place to keep animals safe.

As you know it, we are expanding more land for us to live and reduce forest. We still have no solution for this problem so it would be the best for animals to become pet or live in the pet stores. I also agree on the other side but we are having huge problem on hunting animals to feed. Once those problem is solved I also think people should let pets have their freedom!

• People should be able to buy dogs of their choice.

I think the major arguments against pet stores are that either the shop itself treats dogs badly or where they get the dogs from treat them badly. The solution to these problems is regulation to ensure cruelty doesn't happen in this business. Completely outlawing pet stores would solve that cruelty, but at the expense of individuals that would like to own a pet and the entire pet industry.

There are many kinds of animals that pet stores can sell. There's fish, birds, turtles, and many more. To ban all pets from being sold from these stores seems a bit of a drastic measure to combat puppy mills, when we could just regulate the puppy mills themselves.

In conclusion, individuals deserve to have the ability to sell and buy animals so long as they don't treat these animals cruelly. Allow people to bring pets home, for all the benefits they bring to people. Whether it be for companionship, learning to have responsibility, or to have something nice to look at, people will always want to own pets. To prevent people from owning them because some people are irresponsible doesn't make sense.

• pet store adoptions

I think pet stores should let you adopt a pet from it. The Pet-smart near me has a cat adoption center where they put rescued cats up for adoption. I dont think it would do much harm for a store to rescue animals and put them up for adoption. This would be similar to animal shelters.

• No I dont think So.

I dont think Pet stores should be aloud to sell pets. Pets stores should be a place where you purchase the food for your pet. Pet stores like PetSmart and Petco sell their animals for outrageous prices. They end up not getting sold, being placed behind a plexi glass window and people walking by everyday, viewing the animal. But not buying. That poor animal.

• No no no

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NON ON NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO no no no no no no no no no n o no n o no n o no no no Octopuses live in the sea blah blah NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• SAVE A LIFE, ADOPT YOUR DOG -DON'T BUY IT

All pet shop pups come from puppy mills. Look up "puppy mills". You will see horrific conditions. This is where your puppy came from if you bought it in a pet shop. Save a precious life and go to your shelter and local rescues. Please go to http://www.Petfinder.Com/ before you begin to be sure you know what to look for in a dog that will fit well in your home or lifestyle.

• Nooo no no

Nonononnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooo on no no no nonono nono onon n o n o n o nno n on nn on o no o no no o n n o nn n non on ono noo no o no ono nn on oon nono n o o n on n nn oo n

• No dog buy adopt

This is true but think about it why not adopt a dog instead of buying a dog. A Lot of people don't realize that buy buying a dog from a pet store you are actually giving them money to do this again and again when i got my dog from a shelter she was 6 years old even if that's a little old i don't only need the cute and cuddly ones because most of the older dogs just stay in shelter till they die if you are an animal lover then don't support puppy mills please go to a shelter and adopt a dog you there is not a better feeling than saving a life.This is true but think about it why not adopt a dog instead of buying a dog. A Lot of people don't realize that buy buying a dog from a pet store you are actually giving them money to do this again and again when i got my dog from a shelter she was 6 years old even if that's a little old i don't only need the cute and cuddly ones because most of the older dogs just stay in shelter till they die if you are an animal lover then don't support puppy mills please go to a shelter and adopt a dog you there is not a better feeling than saving a life.

• Adopt, don't shop.

1. Puppy stores get their dogs from puppy mills where animals are neglected with dirty food and water, the mother's forced to reproduce until their bodies are worn out where they are then abandoned. If you buy a dog from a puppy store, you're giving money to this.
    2. There are millions of animals in shelters, and millions euthanized each year. If you buy a dog, one more doesn't get adopted, and one more is euthanized. If you adopt your dog, you save a life.
    3. You may say you want to buy a dog for a specific breed. Well, guess what? Out of the millions of dogs in shelters, I promise you that breed is in a shelter too. Use www.petfinder.com to filter through Shelters and get alerts when dogs that are fit for you are available for adoption.
    4. Buy a puppy from a puppy store and there's a risk of it getting ill because its parents were in awful conditions. Many new puppy owners complained to puppy stores that their puppies were getting sick.
    5. It's cheaper. Sure, buy a dog up to 2,000 dollars or even more in some cases. Most adoption fees are no more than 150. I got my dog for $75 and that covered a first vet check up.
    6. The little puppies in puppy stores are kept in those little transparent boxes for humans to watch, but puppies need to walk and run and play around.

So go ahead, buy your puppy. Just know that's one more dog in a shelter that didn't find a home.

• Of Course Not!!!!!!!!!

The dogs come from puppy mills and puppy mills are terrible TERRIBLE places! When you buy a dog from one you are just supporting them and giving them more money so they can buy more dogs and breed them in HORRIBLE conditions! They don't feed the dogs, they give them dirty water. THEY GIVE THEM CRAGES WITH POOP IN THEM AND NEVER CLEAN THEM!!! This makes me so MAD!!!!!!!!

• No way should pet stores sell pets.

This is supported by many points.
    1. There social skills with humans decrease.
    2. The space they're in is tiny especially the dogs.
    3. They don't treat the animals in the cage fairly.
    4. They chop off birds wings, thats like cutting of your arms!
    5.They will be lazy because of the little space they are given.[ see point 2]
    6. There are so many adopters out there waiting for the animals to be bought. Those animals actually get attention from humans.
    And what will happen to the animals already in the pet stores? They will go to an adopter so that they get human attention.
    Thats why I think there is something absolutely crazy about the idea of pet stores.

• We should never again sell pets in pets stores.

This is so easily supported with the many points.
    1. There social skills will decrease leaving you with a grumpy biting pet.
    2. Have you seen the cages they are put in? They are tiny especially the dogs.
    3. They don't get treated very fairly.
    4. They are so lazy they don't move. Poor things. This is because the areas are so small they can't move.

Why did people invent pet stores I do not know.

• No they should not.

If you decided to purchase a dog from a breeder/pet store and then don't end up getting them, they are bought by another family. But if the same circumstances happen at a animal shelter, usually the dog is euthanized due to maximum numbers in the shelter and having to downsize.

leojm says2013-05-03T18:48:20.923
Oh yeah, well where did those animals come from? (the store) that's how they came into peoples hands in the first time. OMG people have gone nuts on this website and arguing about the stupidest things. Find something that's important to talk about, like whats going on in the real world and real world stuff.