Should pets be adopted from a shelter instead of bought in a pet store?

• More pets in shelters need homes and are sometimes there as a result of puppy mills

Many pets are killed in shelters even if they are sweet and loving just because they are not able to find homes. Pets from mills are often sick and don't get the care they need. Shelter pets deserve a second chance at life. I have a former shelter pet and she has changed my life for the better and her life was saved as well.

• Over, and under population.

Adopting a pet from a shelter can really help save some lives. For instance, a lot of people don't really care about where they by there pets, or about their lives at all. Pets from across the country spend their whole lives in shelters. There are too many pets in shelters that need to be adopted. Visit www.humanesociety.org

• You will save lives if you adopt

If you adopt you will be able to fight against terrible puppy mills. Also most often a puppy bought from a shelter is well trained. You can also get a pet to fit your personality and you can pick the age. If you adopt you will save two lives. The one you adopt and the one you open a spot for.

• Pets need to be adopted from a shelter and not a pet store

If you adopted from a pet store you are basically helping to kill the animals in the shelter because if the shelter gets over run and they euthanize the animals. The pet stores have puppy mills that only use dogs to make puppies and breed. The pet store are cruel to the animals and shouldn't get money from people there. There are plenty of loving animals waiting for their fur ever home. Some animals at the shelter don't make it. Some people adopt animals from the shelter to give as present then after that holiday is over they get rid of them. Older animals should get adopted first because they are always the first to get euthanized

• Adopt a Pet NOW

You should adopt animals since there are a lot of benefits. They are cheaper and you are also saving lives. When you adopt pets from the animal shelter, you are not only adopting but you are also saving lives and give your new family member a new life, a new home. Which is something that they do not get to feel before.

• Should dogs be adopted or bought

I say yes they should be adopted from animal shelters instead of pet stores because the pet stores get their animals from puppy mills and in puppy milk the animals are treated horribly. Secondly is that in the puppy mills when an animal dies they don't do anything about it.

• I will adopt them

We should adopt pets from shelters because their more healthy and taken care of. I want dos get a dog and cat so i can save those animals. So i agree the we should adopt animals from a shelter instead of a pet store and i will adopt one when I'm older

• I will adopt them

• I will adopt them

• Know Your Pet's History!

Yes, adopting from shelter seems more humane. I can totally see that point of view. However, adopting from a shelter is quiet risky. You don't know where that dog has been, what it's been through, and all of it's medical history. (Unless someone is kind enough to tell the shelter when they give the dog to the shelter for adoption.) If you get it from a breeder, the you ca meet the dog's family, meet the dog's previous owners, and know exactly where it's been and what the family has issues with medically. Hate on me, report me, whatever. I totally agree with adopting- one of my dogs is from a shelter. I just feel that buying from a breeder shouldn't make you any less humane than anyone who adopts from a shelter.

• Tu mama en tanga

Skksks,s,s ksmsi ks i k k k k k k k k k k k i i k i k i k k i k k k o i i k k k k k k k km k k k k k k m k k k k k k