• Can be use for research and emergencies.

In school we only have one room with 10 computers in it. The teachers are always saying "Well we were going to do some research on this but we cant get time with the computers." If we could use our phones we could do the research there in the class on our phones. People say they are a distract us. One of my teachers let us use our phones but only if we keep them flat on the desk so she can see what we are doing. Also, I have to get a bus to and from school each day so if it is late then I can text/phone home to say that the bus has not arrived. When it snows they sometimes close he school early and I have to call my Mum to tell her. We can't use the office phones because there are only 2 and a lot of people need to phone home. If every one used the office phone it would take a long time.

• Maybe they can.

I think that cell phone should only be allowed in some classes sometimes. Students can listen to music if the teacher is not giving a lecture or lesson. They can also use the calculator. I don't believe they should be allowed to use the cell phones on test days because it would be too easy to cheat on the test by using Google to find the answer. Students could also use their phones to conduct research for projects.

• I say yes to cell phones in schools.

What if you get hurt or something on the playground and you cannot walk? If you either broke your ankle, wrist, arm or your leg, you could call your parents and tell them to come to the school. Then your parents can take you to the emergency room.

Posted by: smiley

• Saftey.

Cell phones should be allowed in school. In this day and age it is important that someone can always contact a student if need be. If a cell phone is a distraction from education it can be taken away from that student for a period of time, but it is unsafe to ban them.

• Yes, phones should.

What if there is a problem or lockdown in school and you had no phone to call for help or 911 and three is something or someone in the building? You might get hurt. So if we did have cell phones we could call 911 or emergency. Some teachers think that phones are a distraction to the school environment, but it's not.

• Phones should be allowed in school.

Students should be allowed to bring their cell phones in case of an emergency. Students may need to get a hold of parents when electricity is down and the school can't get a hold of the parents. If this were to happen, kids would be stuck in school until release without any power. Student should be allowed.

• I say yes!

It would help in class, like in math class. We could use the calculators that are on our phones. And for language arts class we can use a spell check or look up definition of words. Our phones could help us a lot, we can read with then we can do math with them and instead of using paper. Type on your phone. The only down side is that you have to remember to charge your phone every night.

• In an emergency wont there be too many calls?

If there is an emergency like a natural calamity or disaster almost every parent will call in to the school. At this time can all children be aided to only 10 phones in the school? The cell phones should be allowed and the student should understand the proper use of it.

• Yyyyyyyyyyoooooooooooooolllllllllllllooooooooooo de swag

A a a a a aa a a aa a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a aa a a a aa a a a aa a a aa a a a a a a a

• Too many distractions.

It could distract all the kids from what they are learning and their eyes could get stuck on the device instead of the test. They could cheat or take pictures of the test and put it on the web. They could search bad pictures and websites not appropriate for schools like different genders.

• Phones can distract children in school

Using phones in schools could be a distraction to children because instead of listening to the teacher they would be texting their friend or playing a game. Phones bring down the learning level of children. Phones are a bad influence in school and kids should stop using them at school and save them for home.

• Phones Are A Distraction In School

Students are too distracted by cell phones in school. They play games on them, chat with friends and have the possibility of aiding the student in cheating on school work. If a student needs to be contacted in an emergency, they can be reached by calling the school. I grew up in an age where nobody had a cell phone in school and anyone with a pager was considered a drug dealer. If it worked then it will work now.

• Phones Are A Distraction In School

• No

Only for emergency use it should be. They can be a huge distraction. Not all students will have one so it is not fair to use them for class purposes. I think they should be put in lockers and left there for the school day. If they need to use them for an emergency than that is fine.

• There should not be phones at school.

School is a place to learn, not a place to play around. You could get really addicted to them, and you could get it taken away for perhaps a long time. School is a place for education, not a place for playing around. That is my reason why schools should not allow phones.

• Bad for kids

It can cause distractions in a class. Or might be annoying to others. Or will make others brag about it and make others upset because they do not have a phone. Also will cause rumors based on pictures they have taken of people. So i think there should be phones in school

Anonymous says2013-04-11T14:35:19.913
I think this is a good site
Anonymous says2013-04-15T21:18:54.307
There were only two general arguments for the pro-phone side, emergencies and education. If there was at least two more reasons then it would be a proper debate.
Anonymous says2013-04-22T16:15:34.613
Well i dont Agree With Those Who Dissagre.
Anonymous says2013-05-21T10:53:26.783
Can we please have more arguments about why some people disagree about the topic
Anonymous says2013-05-23T15:50:58.380
I honest;y say that phones should be permitted but in this debate i say the anonymous ppl for saying no one this debate 10-10