• It is bad for you

Hiiiiiiiiiiii like you what do h hxn nn n nn n c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c v v v v c c c c c hhc cbbcb bb b bb b b b bbb b b bb b b b b b b b

• Its depending on the teachers

The school belongs to teachers therefore is there decision to select whether they are doing PE or not. You do not dare to disrespect them so it is there decision to make us to go pe or not depending how school will look like. Depending on their sports skills whether theyare sporty or not

• Its depending on the teachers

• They are getting way to fat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aaaaaaaaa a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a jhaqsbnb hjcjh bh h b h hb h b bb b b bh bhn mbvcfdf gbhnmbvfcd fghjh gfd fgh gf dfgh jnhg f ghj hgf gh gf gh

• They are getting fat so they need more exercise

A a a a a a aa a a a a a aa a aa a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a aa a

• It helps kids

One weak with out any working out and I was twice as lazy and slow also even altheits need a warm up. Maybe they could be seprated though difrent althetily ranked kids with simaly ranked kids. That sovles bullying.Besides alot of kids like gym class and look forwerd to them

• PE should be mandatory.

I believe t hat physical education should remain a mandatory class for students in school. I think that while teachers educate their mind, they should also educate their body. Your body is as important as your mind and knowing how to take care of it is very very important in the long run.

• Forced is not the right word

Yes physical education should be a mandatory part of schools . To say this is being forced on people is wrong. It is just as essential as all the other subjects you learn in school so it should be part of your basic education. It teaches fitness teamwork and so much more.

• Physical education is very important and children should be exposed to it at every opportunity

Children should be allowed to participate in physical education, it should be something every educational curriculum offers. The body is composed of more then the brain and each part of the child should be a part of their education. Engaging the brain, the heart, the muscles, all the senses, the whole body would provide a well rounded and complete education.
    Expecting children to hold still and just think all day is a hard lesson to take, let them move and run. Let them play a little on their own and learn to play with others. Physical education shouldn't be forced but it should be allowed, expected, and maybe enjoyed.

• Kids need exercise

I remember physical education was mandatory in school, and I hate to take at least two years of it in school. Looking back on it, I wish I had done it all four years. The body needs physical activity to maintain a decent health, so if kids are forced to do it in school, then all the better.

• I think children should have a choice

The reason I believe students should have a choice whether or not to have a gym class is because many students dread going to school just because of PE, I think they should be able to replace the class for another elective. Such as; a cooking class, a crafting class (not just ask), child psychology etc.

• Forcing children to run like a hell or fail just seems obviously inherently wrong.

It's just really messed up to make children run miles and do pushups and otherwise torture themselves or else their grades suffer. As a child, I would be on the verge of passing out after only a minute or two, and there were times when I'd push myself to the point of fainting because I was so terrified of allowing my grades to suffer. It's rough on a child's development getting picked last for teams every day and being made fun of for things out of your control. Whether you're athletically gifted or not has nothing to do with academics.

• Its hell at school

I am a student forced to do PE and if I don't my mum will be sent to jail WHY??? Forced to do hell at school English and maths is hard enough some one eniy one help me

All I won't is to learn good and useful lessons NOT hell

• 40+ years later, I am still completely angered and traumatized over being forced to participate in mandatory gym classes

I was an artist then and remain an artist today. By choice now, as an almost 50 year-old adult, I walk 10-20 miles per week. Back in school, I was extremely upset over the oppressive regime in the mandatory gym classes which had absolutely no bearing on my education other than to reinforce how much I loathed going to school. I was bullied NONSTOP all throughout school and adding that daily dose of forced gym only added more trauma to my gruesome experiences. And it isn't "education" whatsoever to force kids to be chosen last for teams, be laughed at for lack of coordination or athletic skills and, worst of all, to be forced without exception to get undressed in front of people who've bullied us day-in and day-out.

• No it shouldn't but

Forcing a child to do physical activities on a day to day bases should not be a mandatory subject, although yes it is important for a child to be healthy and active as much as possible to contribute to a healthy life style for some kids its not as easy as most people think, kids which are over weight may go threw stress and mental trauma in their p.E classes simply because some of the things are to difficult for them to do or just to embarrassing, a good example is doing push ups or jumping jacks, the fact that this makes their bodys sometimes 'jiggle' can be extremely embarrassing and stress the child out. P.E should be optional for the student not something they HAVE to do because for some kids its something that ends up being in their head for life.

• If kids feel uncomortable doing soming thay shoundnt have to do it

Say you have to do pushups in frount of the hole class and you dont want to so you shoundt have to for phisical resons like say your bigger than others and you arent able to do pushups but you have to i think that you shound not be foreced to do something your unccomortable doning!!

• No it should not be forced on children

Why are things like art optional and gym is mandatory? Art makes people more observant and reduces stress, something children have way too much of today. They make gym mandatory because they say that being healthy affects your grades. Gym should still be in school, but be an optional class.

• You shouldn't need to take gym.

Forcing kids to do something they don't want to do is not right. Some kids don't have the interest to do P.E. Because they feel like it's to for them, that doesn't mean you have to force them to do the activities just let them enjoy going to school. That's why physical education shouldn't be forced on children, and shouldn't be part of your graduation.

• PE should be an elective and not mandatory.

Healthy eating, healthy food choices and a healthy lifestyle begins at home and should be the responsibility of the parents. The government needs to stay out. Do you really think running around in a gym or playing dodge ball for 20 minutes is going to change anything? No. I do agree with having health classes and teaching nutrition. But, I have horrible memories of gym class as a child and it still haunts me to this day as a 50 year old woman. I am 5'8" and 145 pounds. I hate exercise but eat healthy. My doctor says I'm very fit and healthy for my age. Did gym class contribute to this? No. Did gym class contribute to emotional trauma and psychological damage. Yes. Forcing children to participate in physical activities they hold no interest in is wrong. Making children run around a gym or force them to play dodge ball for a few semesters is not going to make a bit of difference in their lives. Mandatory physical education stops after Freshman year in high school in my state, after that, it is strictly an elective. It should be an elective after the 8th grade and not a requirement for a high school diploma. Home school students are not required to follow public school mandated physical educational requirements. There should be no mandated physical educational requirements period.