• This is sad

Do you people not see what is happening to the country? How many people are suffering from obesity and health issues related to not being physically active? Forget math and science, who is going to take care of the future if everyone is dying from diabetes? If you are against this you should be ashamed of yourself.

• Physical education should be required.

Physical education should be mandatory, it is an essential part of growing and learning. Without physical education in school students would have trouble learning about other things such as math or science. Physical activity stimulates the minds of the young and keeps them on the ball when learning new things. Also being physically helpful, it helps children learn there physical limits, without having to run the mile in P.E. children would have to do it on there own, or choose not to. Choosing not to is only going to be detrimental to the future of the child. They will never live lives , and they will complain for the rest of their lives about "skinny" people and how they are "fake" when in reality they are more real than the person calling them fake. The "skinny" person most likely had to work for what they achieved, where as "fat" people worked by eating mass amounts of food, artificial products and junk that is bad for their bodies, giving these people shorter lives and less to experience with the time they have.

• PE is irrelevant to learning

Physical education is not part of a school's job. Instead, it should be the parent's job. Schools are for learning, not for physical education. Physical education is pointless. Being physical is does not come from going to do minor exercises for one hour every day, instead, it comes from lifestyle changes.

• Healthier kids are smarter kids!

The statements against are ridiculous. Possible injury, schools can't afford it, only for certain people, takes away from learning core subjects. Look it up, exercise and PE have been proven to increase IQ and test scores. How is this even a debate? Moreover, today's PE is vastly improved over what it was years ago. More inclusive, better curriculum, increased social skills.

• Because i think so

I read that its okay to be fat, its a way to live no matter how you look on the outside the inside is what counts. So leave fat people alone. Pe is usually boring so just leave people how they are. Ps i think its okay to be fat & i lov e choclate cake and also pizza and chips and soda!!!!

• We arent healthy

I believe that physical education should be mandatory in school. Most students during nutrition don’t go play basketball or kick the ball around but, if you put the students in a class where they can talk and also have a fun game of football or something active, you are keeping students healthy and fit. People in America have gotten less fit and healthy since 15 years ago. That might seem like a long time ago but it isn't and if anything 1 hour isn't long enough for once a week or even every other day. Already by 7th grade, students are already quitting sports and getting involved in their phones and other interests not involving physical activity. This is coming from a student. We need more physical education, we need people to pay more attention to it just like they do in math or language arts because physical education has a lot of kids sitting and not getting involved, and those people tend to be less healthy. Spring View Middle School has about 900 students. More than half of the students don’t participate in physical activity, imagine that nationwide. Of course, many students are healthy and active. Those students enjoy physical activity and wouldn’t mind having extra time in that certain class. But those who aren’t need the help and somebody needs to give it to them. I’m sure no parent wants their child to gain weight and feel less than their potential. If everyone keeps some time during the day to keep them-selves moving, they are going to feel better about them-selves then those who aren’t. Not having physical activity can lead to weight gain, diabetes, heart disease, high cholesterol, and tons more.

• Kids aren't getting enough exercise

Without gym class to motivate kids to exercise their bodies, most children don't take part in any form of physical activity. Teachers and schools give kids physical education in order for them to get exercise. Why do you think the obesity rate in America is so high? And excuse me, but P.E. Is not unfair to African-Americans. Whoever told you that is racist.

• Let's fight childhood obesity!

When children can move during the school day it not only helps them to concentrate more on what they are learning but it helps them to learn that moving is good for them. When physical education is taught in schools children learn that staying active is part of living a healthy lifestyle. Parents can't do it all!

• Yes, yes, yes

A decrease in physical activity, whether due to increased screen time, a lack of exercise or play opportunities, or the absence of community policies that enable or promote active living, is a primary contributor to growing obesity rates among children. However, physically active children are more likely to remain physically active throughout adolescence and possibly into adulthood. For these reasons, the CDC recommends that all children participate in 60 minutes of activity that increases the heart rate for at least 5 days a week.

• Kids get healthier

They should keep physical education in school because kids get in shape and they lose weight. Many kids in the United States are obese and overweight. They should become healthier and be on a better diet. Not having PE would increase the amount of kids who are obese. Keeping phy ed would keep kids in shape and keep them healthy.

• Bullying is prominent in this area.

I believe that Physical Education should not be mandatory in schools. Bullying can be most prominent during PE, especially in the locker rooms where privacy is not obtained. This secluded area is ideal for bullying, and many children are uncomfortable with being seen. Due to obesity rates in America, many children that have problems with their size and are being mistreated.

• Irrelevant

Let me first say that it is definitely true that many people in our nation (USA) are overweight or obese. Achieving a healthier body requires a lifestyle change, not going to PE class a couple times a week for an hour each day. PE is nowhere near enough to combat the rate of obesity and overweight people. Other than that, it is parents' jobs to make sure that their kids get exercise. Schools' jobs are for building peoples' minds and enriching their knowledge.

• I love pe

PE is really fun and we play loads of games such as netball, hockey and rounders. Without pe we would all be fat and we would all die at 25 like the 64% of adults that are obese will. So I think PE should be mandatory until we leave university and then we should be forced to go to the gym twice a week.!!!

• Physical education should not be a required course.

1. Some situations of this class are not suitable for students because the conditions(space,equipment)for physical education is inadequate.

2. Students should have a right to invest their time because the students in my country (Taiwan) often have heavy academic loads.

3. A mandatory PE classes often cause injuries for some weak students.

• I say they don't cause

I have some of my friends with incurable diseases. My friend Timothy, is a hemophilia victim, and if he got hurt, the bleeding won't stop. The bleeding occurs for so long that he can lose a lot of blood, and, of course it's dangerous. Let's say his friend asks him to play football. Everybody knows football is a dangerous sport. If he gets hurt, now how can the inexperienced kids help? This should be taught and reviewed intensely as not to be harmful to the disabled ones.

• No not every student should be required

They should not all be required because some people can't understand or like the stress of being told to run a lap or do ten push ups.

• Emotional, Physical and Educational Reasons

Physical: Lots of kids have disabilities that limit their physical activities. But they still have to do P.E.(or Gym) anyway
    Emotional: Kids who just aren't cut out to be that strong or flexible have to for a grade! And when they fail, they can Get really depressed about it and be bullied because they don't get As in it.
    Educational: School is supposed to help kids prepare for life. But people don't need to be strong to get a good job. If they like sports and want to go professional, the let them! But don't force others who don't to do the same training in P.E.

• P.E. Should not be Required

First when i had it i dint even do anything. When the Coach said run i walked, when he said play Base Ball I just sat behind all the other kids. Then there is no motivation to P.E., i only think of it as something that would get me musty during school. So definitely P.E. Should not be required.

• Lazy Teachers are Lazy

This one time, I was in gym and they told us to run. I look over, and this teacher was sitting there, drinking chocolate milk. So I yelled "I wanna see you run!" I got detention, but it was ridiculous. Also, in some schools, you need to do X amount of things to pass, what if you don't?

• P.E. Is a waste of time.

The exercises that the gym coaches make you do are never anything more than simple calisthenics (just using your body and no weights) and take a very long to burn fat or even gain muscle. When I had P.E., I simply showed up, did something incredibly easy, and left. Overall, my time was wasted as I would have rather had an elective pertaining to what could help me advance in life.

Anonymous says2013-05-16T18:05:14.300
Obesity rates lower drastically
Uglychica01 says2015-04-22T21:19:17.387
willson218 says2016-05-19T15:53:35.280
Do you people see this shit it's fucking ridiculous the no should be wining a majority of the yes is spam and dumasses fix it