• Physical education should be required.

Physical education should be mandatory, it is an essential part of growing and learning. Without physical education in school students would have trouble learning about other things such as math or science. Physical activity stimulates the minds of the young and keeps them on the ball when learning new things. Also being physically helpful, it helps children learn there physical limits, without having to run the mile in P.E. children would have to do it on there own, or choose not to. Choosing not to is only going to be detrimental to the future of the child. They will never live lives , and they will complain for the rest of their lives about "skinny" people and how they are "fake" when in reality they are more real than the person calling them fake. The "skinny" person most likely had to work for what they achieved, where as "fat" people worked by eating mass amounts of food, artificial products and junk that is bad for their bodies, giving these people shorter lives and less to experience with the time they have.

• PE is irrelevant to learning

Physical education is not part of a school's job. Instead, it should be the parent's job. Schools are for learning, not for physical education. Physical education is pointless. Being physical is does not come from going to do minor exercises for one hour every day, instead, it comes from lifestyle changes.

• Because i think so

I read that its okay to be fat, its a way to live no matter how you look on the outside the inside is what counts. So leave fat people alone. Pe is usually boring so just leave people how they are. Ps i think its okay to be fat & i lov e choclate cake and also pizza and chips and soda!!!!

• We arent healthy

I believe that physical education should be mandatory in school. Most students during nutrition don’t go play basketball or kick the ball around but, if you put the students in a class where they can talk and also have a fun game of football or something active, you are keeping students healthy and fit. People in America have gotten less fit and healthy since 15 years ago. That might seem like a long time ago but it isn't and if anything 1 hour isn't long enough for once a week or even every other day. Already by 7th grade, students are already quitting sports and getting involved in their phones and other interests not involving physical activity. This is coming from a student. We need more physical education, we need people to pay more attention to it just like they do in math or language arts because physical education has a lot of kids sitting and not getting involved, and those people tend to be less healthy. Spring View Middle School has about 900 students. More than half of the students don’t participate in physical activity, imagine that nationwide. Of course, many students are healthy and active. Those students enjoy physical activity and wouldn’t mind having extra time in that certain class. But those who aren’t need the help and somebody needs to give it to them. I’m sure no parent wants their child to gain weight and feel less than their potential. If everyone keeps some time during the day to keep them-selves moving, they are going to feel better about them-selves then those who aren’t. Not having physical activity can lead to weight gain, diabetes, heart disease, high cholesterol, and tons more.

• This is sad

Do you people not see what is happening to the country? How many people are suffering from obesity and health issues related to not being physically active? Forget math and science, who is going to take care of the future if everyone is dying from diabetes? If you are against this you should be ashamed of yourself.

• Physical Education is a MUST!

Physical Education is not a useless class. If we don't make it mandatory then where will all the athletes find out that they like a sport? Physical Education is a time to learn about different movements and skills that are in sports. It is not just about playing dodgeball or other games that people love to play. It is about learning and perfecting the skills that an athlete needs to have to play a sport properly. Also if you do not have physical education within the school, the students will have lower academic scores. Also physical education helps students find physical activities that they like that they will continue later on in their life. Also physical activity helps with keeping children alert and if the physical educator helps the school by implementing that all classrooms should do at least 5 minutes of a physical activity to keep them awake. There have been studies that have been done that show that the physical activity during class time have improved the students academic scores.

• What about your future

If physical education is not started at an early age then you won't be fit enough to meet the challenges in your later life and you might be weak or too fat. Someone might get seriously sick and can have many diseases. People might be made fun of and if someone invites you to play you might not know how to play

• What about your future

• Listen here, folks.

In most high schools you are only required to take one class of physical education in your high school career. If you take it your freshman year then you don't have to worry about taking it during your upperclassman years while you are trying to prepare for college. It can be your choice as you get older. It serves as a kick start into staying health, and it can build team building skills that will be valuable in life.

• Kids will become too lazy

America has a really bad obesity problem and if we eliminate physical education then it will become even worse. Most children dont get any playtime or phyisical activity outside of school either because of lazy parents or they arent around to tell their children to go outside and play. Honestlt if you cant handle an hour of fun then you will either grow up to be fat or super skinny.

• Bullying is prominent in this area.

I believe that Physical Education should not be mandatory in schools. Bullying can be most prominent during PE, especially in the locker rooms where privacy is not obtained. This secluded area is ideal for bullying, and many children are uncomfortable with being seen. Due to obesity rates in America, many children that have problems with their size and are being mistreated.

• Irrelevant

Let me first say that it is definitely true that many people in our nation (USA) are overweight or obese. Achieving a healthier body requires a lifestyle change, not going to PE class a couple times a week for an hour each day. PE is nowhere near enough to combat the rate of obesity and overweight people. Other than that, it is parents' jobs to make sure that their kids get exercise. Schools' jobs are for building peoples' minds and enriching their knowledge.

• I love pe

PE is really fun and we play loads of games such as netball, hockey and rounders. Without pe we would all be fat and we would all die at 25 like the 64% of adults that are obese will. So I think PE should be mandatory until we leave university and then we should be forced to go to the gym twice a week.!!!

• Physical education should not be mandatory

It should not be mandatory for several different reasons. One reason is that if a kid doesn't want to do anything he's not going to do it. John Heywood wants said you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink it. Gym class is not really active either they mess around and play games when they can be learning about important things.

• Too many electives

Recently my town voted to include robotis engineering into it's curriculum. Of course i want to take it, but with mandatory gym, as well as taking a language I will not be able to take it my freshman year. Exercise is important but with the competitive college market today the credibility for others elctive and languages is more important

• I say they don't cause

I have some of my friends with incurable diseases. My friend Timothy, is a hemophilia victim, and if he got hurt, the bleeding won't stop. The bleeding occurs for so long that he can lose a lot of blood, and, of course it's dangerous. Let's say his friend asks him to play football. Everybody knows football is a dangerous sport. If he gets hurt, now how can the inexperienced kids help? This should be taught and reviewed intensely as not to be harmful to the disabled ones.

• No not every student should be required

They should not all be required because some people can't understand or like the stress of being told to run a lap or do ten push ups.

• Emotional, Physical and Educational Reasons

Physical: Lots of kids have disabilities that limit their physical activities. But they still have to do P.E.(or Gym) anyway
    Emotional: Kids who just aren't cut out to be that strong or flexible have to for a grade! And when they fail, they can Get really depressed about it and be bullied because they don't get As in it.
    Educational: School is supposed to help kids prepare for life. But people don't need to be strong to get a good job. If they like sports and want to go professional, the let them! But don't force others who don't to do the same training in P.E.

• P.E. Should not be Required

First when i had it i dint even do anything. When the Coach said run i walked, when he said play Base Ball I just sat behind all the other kids. Then there is no motivation to P.E., i only think of it as something that would get me musty during school. So definitely P.E. Should not be required.

• Lazy Teachers are Lazy

This one time, I was in gym and they told us to run. I look over, and this teacher was sitting there, drinking chocolate milk. So I yelled "I wanna see you run!" I got detention, but it was ridiculous. Also, in some schools, you need to do X amount of things to pass, what if you don't?

Anonymous says2013-05-16T18:05:14.300
Obesity rates lower drastically
Uglychica01 says2015-04-22T21:19:17.387
J