• Pe should be optional

Somewhere in the world, a student is failing their math class because they don’t understand and need extra help, or they are limping because they injured their ankle in PE. PE class should be optional for all students because PE can risk injuries, some students might not enjoy PE, and it takes away additional time students could have used in class. PE shouldn’t be the reason students are tired at the end of day, all students should be able to choose whether or not they participate in PE class.
    Recent studies regarding physical education (P.E.) have shown that making PE and optional course would be in the best interest of students over all. Without the correct supervision and instruction, PE class can lead to risking injury. According to CBS news“Injuries to American children during physical education classes increased by 150 percent for 1997-2007...” When students aren’t instructed correctly, they could get hurt from not paying attention and being supervised correctly (www.Cbsnews.Com/.) Many students enjoy physical activities in and out of school, but there is still a large majority of students who dread the moment of the day when the bell rings for them to go to PE class. According to
    (www.Debate.Org/)”Not all students enjoy the class and to those who don't it can cause anxiety and dread all day preventing them from enjoying the classes that they do enjoy.” Some students who don’t enjoy the PE are usually those who don’t participate and receive bad grades that affect their overall grade. If Pe was an elective course, students wouldn’t receive the unnecessary stress and bad grade. For some students who have trouble in some core classes, Pe could take away additional time that they could have spent studying or being helped in a double block class. At a certain point of a student's school career Pe may become unnecessary. Pe does not provide new information that students haven’t already learned in previous years. According to (www.Mhsmirror.Org/) “Physical education courses should not be required at the high school level because they take away from academics, do not provide new information and do not use time effectively.” PE is not using additional time effectively and isn’t teaching anything new at a certain point in school. Pe should be optional so students can have extra time in their classes.

• Pe should be optional

• It should be optional

Not all students enjoy the class and to those who don't it can cause anxiety and dread all day preventing them from enjoying the classes that they do enjoy. Also the class is'nt serving it's purpose because the students that don't enjoy athletics and don't engage in physical activities outside of school are often the ones standing in the corner not doing much. I feel that physical education should be an option because to many students it provides less benefits than a free period where they could get work done and improve their grade.

• It should not be mandatory

Students at schools don't all like gym class, some prefer work time or educational classes such as math, reading, english, or spelling/writing. Maybe they think it's boring or their not good at it but still they should have an option. Gym class is costly, and can cause bullying.
    Sincerely Jen

• It should by optional

I am currently enrolled in a gym class, and I am very unhappy. It does not provide anyone fitness - if you aren't interested in bettering your physical health on your own time it won't happen. People who apparently need to lose weight or whatever don't participate anyways. Teamwork can be learned through group projects and interactions with students in classes, rather than "teamwork" being the athletic students playing roughly and only working with each other leaving non athletic students standing around, doing nothing, and ending up with poor grades.

PE should exist as a sort of introduction to the school athletics and sports program as an elective class rather than being something that students dread.

• It should by optional

• It's an option

Some kids just don't like sports and are maybe not on the athletic side. So gym class in schools should be optional not necessary. We run the mile once a month in gym class, and for some reason I always seemed to be one of the last ones to finish, I hate gym and so do a lot of other kids. Gym class should be an option!

• It's an option

• It's an option

• It's there choice

P.E. Should be optional because honestly it doesn't do much. If the chunky people wanna stay chunky then they can, but P.E. Wouldn't give them much of a workout. A kid needs to exercise but they can do it on their own time if they want to.

Sincerely,
    John Cena

• Because because because

Because because becau d d d d d dd d d d d d d d d d dd kjlkd fkldsjf dksjfdjfdkf fkd fdkf ldjf djf dfjldfdfj dskf dskfj dsfkjd fjds kfdjf dksf dfkd fdkf dkfd fkdf dkfd fkd fdkf dkjfdsk f ds dsfsk dsk kjfklds kd kdjfkld kdj d

• Kids Need to Exercise

I believe that every student should at least have one period of exercise. This can be swimming, tennis, even yoga. Why? Well, exercise helps not only physical health, but also mental health. This includes depression in students, happiness, and focus in school. With required exercise, this helps students have a good physical and mental health.
    Sincerely,
    A student

• No,, physical education courses play an important in the health of students.

No, physical education courses should not be optional, It is my belief that children in today's society spend too much time watching television and playing video games. Physical education courses emphasize the importance of exercise and taking part in active sports and games. Physical education courses can install good habits and help prevent obesity in students.

• No, kids need athletics.

The body and the mind work together in a healthy life, so we need to provide for both of them in a good course of study. There should be some level of physical education class in every school because it provides for fun as well as development of the physical skills.

• Not In Public Schools

As far as public schools (elementary, middle, and high schools) I do not feel that physical education should be optional. For many children this is their only source of physical education and it can help them later on in life. It teaches children about sports and proper ways to exercise.

• It is important!!

I think that exercising is not only for satisfaction and fun for children. I think the subject "PE" is what we need to do for healthy bodies and regular life styles. By doing PE classes children can learn and can have the habit of exercising. Even though children don't make the habit of exercising it is an act of the government to keep the health of students.

• Not Fun or Effective

I have been researching this topic for a school project, and have read articles stating that in a 45 minute period, students are only "truly exercising (breaking a sweat)" for about 6 minutes.
    Also, I have issues with catching and throwing, which I have had for years. PE is not a form of stress relief for me, it increases my stress and makes me wish I had a study hall instead to work on my incredible load of homework. A study hall would actually relieve stress and get me some free time at home.
    In addition, I am a martial artist who is testing for their black belt soon. I would prefer to not to have my energy wasted on things that do not apply to me or help me train.
    In addition, in my school, there are 2 types of people in gym, people who want to be there and people like me who just want to pass. If gym was optional, the kids who actually wanted to be there could be surrounded by more people like them.

• PE should NOT be optional

Learning about physical health and the human body is important to everyone, and should be common knowledge. Making it optional would create a lack of knowledge about being healthy, and having a healthy lifestyle. Learning about health and exercise is necessary, showing that physical education should not be an optional course.

• PE should NOT be optional

• PE should NOT be optional