• It should be optional

Not all students enjoy the class and to those who don't it can cause anxiety and dread all day preventing them from enjoying the classes that they do enjoy. Also the class is'nt serving it's purpose because the students that don't enjoy athletics and don't engage in physical activities outside of school are often the ones standing in the corner not doing much. I feel that physical education should be an option because to many students it provides less benefits than a free period where they could get work done and improve their grade.

• It should not be mandatory

Students at schools don't all like gym class, some prefer work time or educational classes such as math, reading, english, or spelling/writing. Maybe they think it's boring or their not good at it but still they should have an option. Gym class is costly, and can cause bullying.
    Sincerely Jen

• It should by optional

I am currently enrolled in a gym class, and I am very unhappy. It does not provide anyone fitness - if you aren't interested in bettering your physical health on your own time it won't happen. People who apparently need to lose weight or whatever don't participate anyways. Teamwork can be learned through group projects and interactions with students in classes, rather than "teamwork" being the athletic students playing roughly and only working with each other leaving non athletic students standing around, doing nothing, and ending up with poor grades.

PE should exist as a sort of introduction to the school athletics and sports program as an elective class rather than being something that students dread.

• It should by optional

• It's an option

Some kids just don't like sports and are maybe not on the athletic side. So gym class in schools should be optional not necessary. We run the mile once a month in gym class, and for some reason I always seemed to be one of the last ones to finish, I hate gym and so do a lot of other kids. Gym class should be an option!

• It's an option

• It's an option

• It's there choice

P.E. Should be optional because honestly it doesn't do much. If the chunky people wanna stay chunky then they can, but P.E. Wouldn't give them much of a workout. A kid needs to exercise but they can do it on their own time if they want to.

Sincerely,
    John Cena

• Physical Education should be optional

I feel Physical education should be optional and here is why, not only does physical education cause bullying,it is a waste of time. If we wanna work out at home let us school is for learning not for competing for the best time at running the mile. I have experienced many years of bullying because I didn't have the fastest time and its only because I had a lot going on why have pe when we can have an extra period to catch up on missing work to better our grades so we can achieve better in life because guess what...The time you get from running the mile will mean nothing to us in a few years

• Physical Education should be optional

• Because because because

Because because becau d d d d d dd d d d d d d d d d dd kjlkd fkldsjf dksjfdjfdkf fkd fdkf ldjf djf dfjldfdfj dskf dskfj dsfkjd fjds kfdjf dksf dfkd fdkf dkfd fkdf dkfd fkd fdkf dkjfdsk f ds dsfsk dsk kjfklds kd kdjfkld kdj d

• It is important!!

I think that exercising is not only for satisfaction and fun for children. I think the subject "PE" is what we need to do for healthy bodies and regular life styles. By doing PE classes children can learn and can have the habit of exercising. Even though children don't make the habit of exercising it is an act of the government to keep the health of students.

• Not Fun or Effective

I have been researching this topic for a school project, and have read articles stating that in a 45 minute period, students are only "truly exercising (breaking a sweat)" for about 6 minutes.
    Also, I have issues with catching and throwing, which I have had for years. PE is not a form of stress relief for me, it increases my stress and makes me wish I had a study hall instead to work on my incredible load of homework. A study hall would actually relieve stress and get me some free time at home.
    In addition, I am a martial artist who is testing for their black belt soon. I would prefer to not to have my energy wasted on things that do not apply to me or help me train.
    In addition, in my school, there are 2 types of people in gym, people who want to be there and people like me who just want to pass. If gym was optional, the kids who actually wanted to be there could be surrounded by more people like them.

• PE should NOT be optional

Learning about physical health and the human body is important to everyone, and should be common knowledge. Making it optional would create a lack of knowledge about being healthy, and having a healthy lifestyle. Learning about health and exercise is necessary, showing that physical education should not be an optional course.

• PE should NOT be optional

• PE should NOT be optional

• Just One Hour

The Institute of medicine recommends just one hour of physical activity a day. Most kids aren't even getting close to that. If there is no gym some children will not have the opportunity to exercise, because they cant do exercise at home. If there is required gym classes each kid can hopefully get 1 hour or more of activity a day.

• School physical education shouldn't be optional

Everyone's physical fitness such as muscle indurance ,heart indurance, muscular strength are very important for their health. First, motor skills just like running, object control are basic survival skills.Second,teenager obesity rate in US is high,so the more obese they are,the more unhealthy they are,many of child that dont join physical education is too high in body fat ratio.Third,the push up,pull up is the great testing of a student's muscular strength compare to their body weight.Long run represent student's cardiac indurance,muscular indurance .The more obese the student,the more they need to exercise although the intense of exercise is low just like walking.Finally, WHO had concured this suggestion:"Exercise is medicine." thats why i think school physical education should not be optional.

• No, PE lessons are needed in the school

PE lessons are essential for the education of youth people. PE is not only about exercise, it teach a lot of values in a different way. In PE lessons you learn how to cooperate with others and at the same time how to be competitive in a good way. Students also have a great chance to socialize with others doing healthy activities. And of course it is essential subject in order to promote good habits. I think that we need more hours of PE and qualified teachers that are able to transmit the values of this wonderful subject

• Kids Need to Exercise

I believe that every student should at least have one period of exercise. This can be swimming, tennis, even yoga. Why? Well, exercise helps not only physical health, but also mental health. This includes depression in students, happiness, and focus in school. With required exercise, this helps students have a good physical and mental health.
    Sincerely,
    A student