• It should be legal, but only in certain circumstances

Doctor assisted suicide should never be the first solution (for obvious reasons) but it should still be an option for the patient. If they have a disease that cannot be cured, they should have the choice to end their own life on their own terms. Patients would have to be mentally stable to male this choice, but if it's the best thing for them, they should be allowed to do it.

• Its my life

Not to burst any bubbles or anything but not everyone is religious we should decide our own fate and as a non religious person my self i could care less of what "god" has the power to do its your own life wouldn't you want to end your own suffering instead of having some mythical being take his time to end your life when you can do it on your own terms

• It should be legal.

The option for those matured enough to make such decisions about their lives should have the option to opt out of life itself, peacefully, and in a clinical, safe, setting. There should be a 2-4 week wait prior to all self euthanasia. So that one may have the opportunity to review their decision, and be briefed on all that would happen after the fact. When the time comes, they should be asked again if their decision to die is final, then given option to write a suicide letter to their loved ones or the just the living world itself before the process begins

• It's a person choice, not ours to decide for that person.

We see it all the time. People getting upset because of what another person wants to do for themselves. In the Declaration of Independence, it says that in the USA, people have the right to three unalienable rights. Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness. If a person is dying and there is no way to stop the death, then that person should have the right to hasten their death and not be in pain any longer. It should be the person's choice, no ours, to decide if they want to stop the pain and suffering.

• Legalize Assisted Suicide

Assisted suicide is the act of one ending their own life with the aid of someone else, especially a physician. I strongly feel it should be legalized because of the simple fact that regardless of one's choice of words or action, I have no right to judge them. Every individual person on this earth has the right to self-determination and freedom of choice. I'm a woman of God, so I don't believe in suicide. . Well, I wouldn't partake in it at all, but who am I to judge? I gave give the word of God but I can't force on to believe. In the Bible, God said, "I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live" (Deuteronomy 30:19). Choose life or choose death. At the end of the day, he decides your eternal fate. Once again, these are my beliefs, and I can not and will not force anyone to believe them. It's the power of choice. Everyone has choices to make, whether good or bad. It's their choice. Whether we like it or not, they are going to do what they want anyway. What are you going to do? Prosecute a dead guy? You can either give them permission to do it the right way by legalizing it, or they'll just take the matters into their own hands. Either way, their going to do it if they really want to. . Legal or illegal.

• D d d

D d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d

• D d d

• It should be legal

If you are allowed to decide if your kid can be aborted then you should be allowed to choose when your own life can end. You have the right over your own life. If you are able to end your pets life shouldn't you be able to end your own life?

• PAS needs to be supported.

If a dog is hit by a car, or is suffering in pain the owner of that dog has the right to "put it down" or not. So if someone is suffering or has a terminal illness, as the owner of their own life wouldnt they be given the option to aslo be "put down"?

• It's the patients choice

We don't want these people to be in pain, and cause suffering. Diane Rehm, a radio show host, her husband had b been severely crippled by Parkinson's disease said "for him to go out that way, not being able to do anything for himself, was in the insufferable in dignity." They lived in Maryland where PA suivide was illegal. Her husband had to starve himself, and a private himsel her husband had to starve himself, and a deprive himself of food and water, so eventually he would die. She had to sit there and watch him die; there was nothing she could do about it, imagine watching a loved one die that way, without any basiC needs. This is why I believe that the death with dignity legislation should be illegal.

• We shouldn't give up on life.

People around the world can help those who are sick get better. Just because we are suffering on this world, doesn't mean we have to put yourself out of your misery. Doctor-assisted suicide is practically murder. If this law is legalized, it is encouraging younger people will start asking doctor for help for suicide and it is the worst thing you can do to yourself. God created us to enjoy living on this world and has a plan for each of us. Once we are gone, the people who love us and care for us will be the one suffering.

• Its not their choice

Most people say it's taking away from their pain and it’s to end their suffering, but that’s what doctors are for; they should help you find a way to stay alive or find happiness. Let's say its incurable, "instead of participating in assisted suicide, physicians must aggressively respond to the needs of patients at the end of life." They are supposed to support life not death.
    We need to prevent doctors from taking advantage of they're patients. Doctors shouldn't have the right to make life and death decision of someone else, in this case anyways. They are mere humans like the rest of us, so even their opinion can be a mistake. In this case, a BIG mistake, that’s costing someone's life. Dr. Jack Kerorkian was a physician in US is doing this; sometimes some of his patients weren't ill enough to consider suicide, even though it shouldn't be an option. Intensive therapy would have benefited some of those patients. DOCTORS ARE NOT PERFECT.
    Homicide is illegal isn't that mean assisted death is the same thing. In this case the "murderer" has agreement from the victim. When someone is hurt or considering death as an option that means they aren't thinking straight so why would you take their word on choosing their life. That thought can be easily changed once the person finds a different outlook in life, but then it'll be too late. For example, Charles Trippy has cancer in his brain, but every day he moves forward because he looks at the positive things in life.

• It should not.

The primary reason Parliament has resisted attempts to legalize assisted suicide is because of the potential for abuse and the need to protect vulnerable members of society. It is difficult to see how the safeguards proposed by pro-assisted suicide organizations, which are modeled on those from Oregon, could be considered safe. All people with life-limiting illness are potentially vulnerable
    and standards for assessing mental capacity are subject to the values of individual clinicians. Therefore, safeguards can never be totally sufficient and no law can be made completely safe. It is important that nurses know where they and patients stand with regard to the law on assisted suicide or PAS. They should not break the law or encourage or assist others so to do. Nurses should never raise the subject of assisted suicide with their patients. If a nurse takes the initiative in such a discussion, it could be construed as encouraging or assisting a suicide. If a patient should raise the subject with a nurse, the latter should respond by explaining that encouraging or assisting suicide is illegal and that he or she can have no part in discussing it. However, that does not preclude exploration of why the patient has raised the subject and of what alternative measures could be taken to alleviate the patient’s clinical situation. Patients with life-limiting illness often have concerns and fears about death and dying. Good clinical care can help alleviate patients’ concerns

• PA Suicide

No, I do not personally think that physician assisted suicide should be legal. Doctors are there to help people get better, no die. There might be some miracle that could save a person, but the doctor ends their life. God keeps us all here for a reason unbeknowing to us and we should stay as long as possible.

• I LUv U

Ilysm dont die i wil cri plz help no dont do it xo hart xo XD XD XD lolll RAWR hehe heh < 3 < / 3 < / 3 hehe ha u r beutifull lolzz dont die he sewrcide is bad < 3 < / 3 lolz luv xo x o

• NOOoOOooO thank u

I dont like it!! It bad! Pls dont life is preshus pls dont kil u r silf i wil be sad i caer abot u <33 luv u dont comet sewercid u r beuitifull ;) "insirt hart i emoji' i CAER u r grat nd dont die XDD XD luv u xo xo hart luv xo xo hot grogous xo xo BODI IMaG IS A REEL PROBLIM LOL XD LUV

ps rawr meens i luv u in dino languag

• No I don't think

I do not think that it should be allowed. The people with mental illnesses will be turning to doctors to end their life instead of them having to do it themselves. I do not think that it is right for a person to just give up on themselves. Life is important.

• People have so much life to live

My friend tried to commit suicide in School. My friend tried 4 times and failed 4 times. The last time he almost by splitting his wrists. It is simply terrifying to suffer with your friend nearly dead when things can easily be turned around. He is getting happier now and he is getting help, but I will never forget him in a bed. Things got better, but imagine if he succeeded? He would never have had a chance to live. All of you who is good. Screw you because its hell to watch people suffer and commit suicide when things can get better. He has a life to live now...

• We're not God.

Only one person can take someone's life, God. Weather we're religious or not, we should still follow God's plan for all of us. The doctors should save our lives not just throw them away. You never know what's going to happen to the patient. What if the patient was getting better and you decide to kill them. Unbelievable how 79% people agreed. Have a heart people. "It's my job to do what people want." "We're doctors, we know what to do". Use your head. Doctors should help people with their lives. We're doing an Persuasive essay outline for school. I'm not even old enough to know.