• It should be legal

If you are allowed to decide if your kid can be aborted then you should be allowed to choose when your own life can end. You have the right over your own life. If you are able to end your pets life shouldn't you be able to end your own life?

• PAS needs to be supported.

If a dog is hit by a car, or is suffering in pain the owner of that dog has the right to "put it down" or not. So if someone is suffering or has a terminal illness, as the owner of their own life wouldnt they be given the option to aslo be "put down"?

• It's the patients choice

We don't want these people to be in pain, and cause suffering. Diane Rehm, a radio show host, her husband had b been severely crippled by Parkinson's disease said "for him to go out that way, not being able to do anything for himself, was in the insufferable in dignity." They lived in Maryland where PA suivide was illegal. Her husband had to starve himself, and a private himsel her husband had to starve himself, and a deprive himself of food and water, so eventually he would die. She had to sit there and watch him die; there was nothing she could do about it, imagine watching a loved one die that way, without any basiC needs. This is why I believe that the death with dignity legislation should be illegal.

• It's our life

Some people are in entire pain and life has lost all value. There is no need for someone to suffer their whole life. Pain and suffering and disease does exist, consider yourself lucky not to live in pain, they have no clue. It should be legal, it's our choice. To finally rest and have no pain is what life is about. Before it just crumbles your life, we all want our friends and family to remember us as a strong being. It's not a governments decision, that control is just useless and uncalled for.

• It's our life

• I think that physician assisted suicide should be legal.

Physician assisted suicide should be legal because the people are suffering and it is there decision to end their life. They are terminally ill and may never find a cure for their disease. If we have the right to life why can't we have the right to death. I know that if i were suffering and stuck in the hospital and would be for the rest of my life I would want to end my life, I would want to end my life because I would be suffering and Know I had to stay in the hospital for the rest of my life. Sometimes the family will support their decision and there is nothing wrong with that. Why is abortion legal and not physician assisted suicide be legal? Abortion is killing an innocent person that hasn't even got to live a part of there life. Physician assisted suicide you are killing yourself and you have lived part of your life.

• Taking away a person's right is wrong.

I completely agree with the abortion statement. If we can kill innocent children, why can't the terminally ill decide they want to die? If their quality of life is deteriorating anyways, why should they have to suffer with the pain? If they are in a great mental state to choose that they want to commit suicide with the help of a doctor, why not let them?

• Life and death depend on you!

I think an individual should have the right to choice between life and death. A terminally ill person with little to no prospect of living denying treatment. That is understandable in view of the fact that treatment will probably not bring restoration to that persons body. Dying a peaceful death is better than living a painful life.

• It should be up to the patient

Yes. If a patient is terminally ill and has requested to die then I do not understand why it can not be medically done. If a hospital can pump a patient with pain killers to dull the pain of the illness, then why can it not be used to numb the pain permanently?

• Pas should be legal!!!!!!

It should be legal because if a person is suffering tremendously and has no more reason to live then they have that option. It's every individual's decision to choose when they want to die. We are born free and should die free without anybody's advice. If there's a right to life then there's a right to die too then.

• I LUv U

Ilysm dont die i wil cri plz help no dont do it xo hart xo XD XD XD lolll RAWR hehe heh < 3 < / 3 < / 3 hehe ha u r beutifull lolzz dont die he sewrcide is bad < 3 < / 3 lolz luv xo x o

• We shouldn't give up on life.

People around the world can help those who are sick get better. Just because we are suffering on this world, doesn't mean we have to put yourself out of your misery. Doctor-assisted suicide is practically murder. If this law is legalized, it is encouraging younger people will start asking doctor for help for suicide and it is the worst thing you can do to yourself. God created us to enjoy living on this world and has a plan for each of us. Once we are gone, the people who love us and care for us will be the one suffering.

• Its not their choice

Most people say it's taking away from their pain and it’s to end their suffering, but that’s what doctors are for; they should help you find a way to stay alive or find happiness. Let's say its incurable, "instead of participating in assisted suicide, physicians must aggressively respond to the needs of patients at the end of life." They are supposed to support life not death.
    We need to prevent doctors from taking advantage of they're patients. Doctors shouldn't have the right to make life and death decision of someone else, in this case anyways. They are mere humans like the rest of us, so even their opinion can be a mistake. In this case, a BIG mistake, that’s costing someone's life. Dr. Jack Kerorkian was a physician in US is doing this; sometimes some of his patients weren't ill enough to consider suicide, even though it shouldn't be an option. Intensive therapy would have benefited some of those patients. DOCTORS ARE NOT PERFECT.
    Homicide is illegal isn't that mean assisted death is the same thing. In this case the "murderer" has agreement from the victim. When someone is hurt or considering death as an option that means they aren't thinking straight so why would you take their word on choosing their life. That thought can be easily changed once the person finds a different outlook in life, but then it'll be too late. For example, Charles Trippy has cancer in his brain, but every day he moves forward because he looks at the positive things in life.

• It should not.

The primary reason Parliament has resisted attempts to legalize assisted suicide is because of the potential for abuse and the need to protect vulnerable members of society. It is difficult to see how the safeguards proposed by pro-assisted suicide organizations, which are modeled on those from Oregon, could be considered safe. All people with life-limiting illness are potentially vulnerable
    and standards for assessing mental capacity are subject to the values of individual clinicians. Therefore, safeguards can never be totally sufficient and no law can be made completely safe. It is important that nurses know where they and patients stand with regard to the law on assisted suicide or PAS. They should not break the law or encourage or assist others so to do. Nurses should never raise the subject of assisted suicide with their patients. If a nurse takes the initiative in such a discussion, it could be construed as encouraging or assisting a suicide. If a patient should raise the subject with a nurse, the latter should respond by explaining that encouraging or assisting suicide is illegal and that he or she can have no part in discussing it. However, that does not preclude exploration of why the patient has raised the subject and of what alternative measures could be taken to alleviate the patient’s clinical situation. Patients with life-limiting illness often have concerns and fears about death and dying. Good clinical care can help alleviate patients’ concerns

• PA Suicide

No, I do not personally think that physician assisted suicide should be legal. Doctors are there to help people get better, no die. There might be some miracle that could save a person, but the doctor ends their life. God keeps us all here for a reason unbeknowing to us and we should stay as long as possible.

• NOOoOOooO thank u

I dont like it!! It bad! Pls dont life is preshus pls dont kil u r silf i wil be sad i caer abot u <33 luv u dont comet sewercid u r beuitifull ;) "insirt hart i emoji' i CAER u r grat nd dont die XDD XD luv u xo xo hart luv xo xo hot grogous xo xo BODI IMaG IS A REEL PROBLIM LOL XD LUV

ps rawr meens i luv u in dino languag

• No I don't think

I do not think that it should be allowed. The people with mental illnesses will be turning to doctors to end their life instead of them having to do it themselves. I do not think that it is right for a person to just give up on themselves. Life is important.

• People have so much life to live

My friend tried to commit suicide in School. My friend tried 4 times and failed 4 times. The last time he almost by splitting his wrists. It is simply terrifying to suffer with your friend nearly dead when things can easily be turned around. He is getting happier now and he is getting help, but I will never forget him in a bed. Things got better, but imagine if he succeeded? He would never have had a chance to live. All of you who is good. Screw you because its hell to watch people suffer and commit suicide when things can get better. He has a life to live now...

• We're not God.

Only one person can take someone's life, God. Weather we're religious or not, we should still follow God's plan for all of us. The doctors should save our lives not just throw them away. You never know what's going to happen to the patient. What if the patient was getting better and you decide to kill them. Unbelievable how 79% people agreed. Have a heart people. "It's my job to do what people want." "We're doctors, we know what to do". Use your head. Doctors should help people with their lives. We're doing an Persuasive essay outline for school. I'm not even old enough to know.

• It goes against human nature

The problem with physician-assisted suicide is that there are too many variables. How do we avoid truly suicidal people from taking advantage of this law? People that could use help learning how to live instead of taking their lives? How do we avoid accusations of murder or somewhat lesser charges if a person chooses something different once the deadly dose is administered? How do we handle people who cannot make their choice known due to severe incapacitation? Perhaps it is better to stop trying to keep people alive? In the matter of life and death, it is better to do all we can to spare life. Once we have done everything, nature should be allowed to take it's course. We do not know everything about death, so it may be possible that ending life early does not benefit the dying person or their family and friends as much as allowing death to take them does. Are we so afraid of pain that we would kill to avoid it?